+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MEXICO POLICE CERTITICATE (Inland Application)

eivacastillo

Mar 19, 2022
Hello,

I have a question that is really bothering me.

I did an inland application from Quebec, Canada. So, we couldnt send a police certificate for our application, they said they were going to ask us when it was time.

My Background Verification is still shown as ''NOT STARTED'' and I'm getting worried.

4 months ago i received a letter mentioning multiple Reminders (Police certificate, Medical Exam, Permanent resident Fee) , here is the part :

Reminder - Police Certificate
Police Certificate (Mexico): If you have spent the majority of your adult life (since the age of 18) in Mexico, you must obtain a police certificate from that country. For further information on how to obtain a police certificate, please visit the following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees- citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html.

There was no indicated date limit, and we already paid our fee for permanent resident so we tought it was a generic email and we had to wait for an offiicial letter asking us to get my police certificate, but now, seeing other applicant from quebec getting processed before me, even if they applied after, i'm worried.

Does anyone has more information about police certificate and if IRCC are actually waiting for the police certificate or they will send an official letter asking that i do the process to obtain one.

Thanks for your time.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi,
I can only speak from my experience but it was not in a spousal sponsorship application. However, I don't think it would differ much.
When I applied for express entry, I received a specific letter requesting that I obtain the police certificate. The header of the letter was MEXICO POLICE CERTIFICATE FOR CANADIAN IMMIGRATION.
Sorry, I can't help but there are other applicants around here from Mexico who might be able to tell you how long they waited. Maybe try finding out in the spreadsheet tracker (found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=610590020) when the applicants from Mexico got the request.
But, if you want to be sure, call IRCC and try to find out if they already officially requested the police certificate.

Last edited: