+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico City Visa Office

jennydorres

Jul 19, 2013
the embassys are gettin picky with how you can enter the country will all the requirements and things like that. so also just becuase noone is mentioning it,
you should get some health insurance becuase from experience, the cost to get medical attention in canada is very high. and just to help whoever is in the same
situation, the ones i used for covering my health is safevisit.ca. its very good and anyone who doesn't speak english very well like me can speak to them in spanish, el lenguage de dios.

newgame

Nov 13, 2013
Hi, new to the forum but I'd really appreciate if someone would take the time to answer some of my questions. So my Ontario PNP was approved and now we're waiting for the work permit for my wife, my two children and myself to be approved. They were sent online to Mexico VAC about a month ago and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long they usually take to reply? What are the chances of them denying our work permits? Do I do any harm to the process if I give the VAC a call?

Thank you

Booja

Jul 16, 2014
Any recent experiences with this office? Specifically pertaining to PR. Looks like processing times have been increasing.

pamela1686

Mar 12, 2014
Hi!!
Im impressed that not a lot of mexicans are applying for canadian visas (-_-)
I applied online on june 6th believing it would take 1 month because I saw it on the website ...
as i applied directly from the CIC website I believe my application should go under process in the Mexican office right?
I emailed them and they told me to wait, it didnt look like a personalized response of course, just the same " your application is under process, keep your correspondence to a minimum, thank you"
after reading all the posts in here Im getting worried

gutentag

Jul 23, 2014
I applied over 2 years ago and got the same "your application is under process, keep your correspondence to a minimum, thank you"
Weeks later they tell us all is left is a date for an interview but can't give us a date yet, weeks later again they tell us we can either wait or go directly to the bureau of visa and do the interview there in Mexico. Neverending...

juaco1234

Oct 14, 2014
Hi!

I applied for my working visa about 5 weeks ago. I haven't received any answers yet. As many have mentioned, the waiting time was suppose to be 4 weeks.

Has anybody experienced delays on their work visas?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
juaco1234 said:
Hi!

I applied for my working visa about 5 weeks ago. I haven't received any answers yet. As many have mentioned, the waiting time was suppose to be 4 weeks.

Has anybody experienced delays on their work visas?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
4 weeks is for 80% of the applications.

6 weeks would be more accurate to get impatient.

giova424

Jan 19, 2014
Barranquilla, Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-14
Med's Request
21-10-14
Med's Done....
25-10-14
Passport Req..
12-02-15
Hello guys, anyone applying fot FSW2014?

I got PER (Positive Eligibility Review) on Sept 12th.
As someone this year got his medical requested on less than 45 days i thought Mexico City Visa Office was working fast, but now i dont really know what to think.

Do you guys have any idea how the visa office works? I heard theres a huge backlog from people appliying to Quebec, does it interfere with SFW 2014 program? How about backlog from FSW2013?

Javier7952

Nov 15, 2014
Joaco1234,
did you finally get your work permit???
how long it took your process.
ia appreciate your reply.

thanks,

Javier

leiloola

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Nomination.....
27-10-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Hi Giova!

I also applied for FSW14 and received PER Oct 27. No news yet from VO.
How is your process going?

giova424 said:
Hello guys, anyone applying fot FSW2014?

I got PER (Positive Eligibility Review) on Sept 12th.
As someone this year got his medical requested on less than 45 days i thought Mexico City Visa Office was working fast, but now i dont really know what to think.

Do you guys have any idea how the visa office works? I heard theres a huge backlog from people appliying to Quebec, does it interfere with SFW 2014 program? How about backlog from FSW2013?

charalito

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-01-2015
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
Passport Req..
24-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Hi!

Mexico City VO took a long time processing our application (PER was in October), but this past Wednesday we received MR, RPRF and a request for the PGR police certificate. So happy!

To anyone who has been through this process: How long after the email stating that a police certificate (PGR) was needed and that "an official signed letter is being sent via e-mail today" did you actually receive said official letter? I got the request on 1/28,got the MR form that day, but still haven't received the letter for PGR.... Is this normal? Should I wait 10 days before sending a prepaid airway bill? Waiting 30 days is way out of my comfort zone Grin

dhdesigns

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know if you can pick up your permanent residence visa in person at Mexico City rather than sending in your passport and waiting for it to be courier end back? This is a Venezuelan applicant that has been approved for a spousal residency.
Thanks

oncorx

May 15, 2014
Hi you all. We are Quebec skilled worker applicants, awaiting interview schedule. Does BIQ Mexico conduct phone interview? We are living in the Bahamas by the way. Aside from the US, where could be the nearest embassy to conduct the interview?

Suriyema

Mar 16, 2016
2016 mexico visa office

Hello i am wondering if there are any applicant that started process on 2015, my papaers are currently at the visa office in mexico, and they started to be in transit on january 4th, since then they have said they started processing them on feb 8th and i havent get new ever since then, does anyone know how long before they contact again, whats the next step?

Eddie505

Mar 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 26th 2015
Med's Done....
aug 2015
Re: 2016 mexico visa office

Suriyema said:
Hello i am wondering if there are any applicant that started process on 2015, my papaers are currently at the visa office in mexico, and they started to be in transit on january 4th, since then they have said they started processing them on feb 8th and i havent get new ever since then, does anyone know how long before they contact again, whats the next step?
Its my story I applied to sponsor wife Oct 26th 2015
Dec 31 I got approved as a sponsor
Feb 16th her application was recieved by Mexico City office
March 29th they requested the 490 $ P.R fee. .and that's that what stage am I at I'm think next is cic asking her for her passport to stamp the visa but I don't know how long anyone know by the way sponsoring wife in Nicaragua