+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico City Visa Office

SHSL

Jul 3, 2013
oh I see.

I don't think there is much to do other than wait :(

hopefully you will receive your Visa soon as you just applied a couple of weeks after your friend good luck! :)

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
cardenasm77 said:
No, my friend applied on April 24th. He flew to Canada on Saturday July 6th 2013. He received his visa on June 29th 2013.

This company is now waiting for me!!!

What can I do?
did you applied through the VAC?? if you did, call them and tell them that your job is depending on this visa, and that you already have your plane ticket and everything... cuz i told them and they promised to give me my visa before the end of july... idk if it will work, but its worth the try...

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014. Sponsor Approval : June 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
PGR: august 5, 2014
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made: Nov 6,2014
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
cardenasm77 said:
No, my friend applied on April 24th. He flew to Canada on Saturday July 6th 2013. He received his visa on June 29th 2013.

This company is now waiting for me!!!

What can I do?
Are you waiting for a work visa or visitor visa (TRV)

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013
Does anyone know anything about the strike!? Any news?

I applied at the beginning of April this year and still nothing. I am afraid of losing my job. I do not know what else to do. I am from Mexico City.

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
Coralin said:
Does anyone know anything about the strike!? Any news?

I applied at the beginning of April this year and still nothing. I am afraid of losing my job. I do not know what else to do. I am from Mexico City.
That's ridiculous!! Why is it taking so long? Have you tried to check online the application tracker or send them an email? Maybe they need more info from you.

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
we have tried EVERYTHING. Coralin and me applied with one day of difference and we have been waiting for THREE MONTHS. we have called and emailed a thousand times.. emails are something like "your application is in progress, you are not requested to send more documents at the moment. Thank you for keeping your correspondence to the minimum" and that's it. like.. we have received the exact same answer every time. and when we call the VAC, they're just like "yes, your application is still in progress. we dont know how long it will take to an officer to make the decision, you'll need to be patient" ¬¬ like SERIOUSLY. get your s*** together Canada!

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
The strike situation is getting worse! And nothing is being done. What makes it even harder is the updated "average" processing times posted on the website states only 6 weeks for work permit and 25 days for TRV. If they can't make a decision within this time frame it makes me wonder how many days they actually work. I know this is a rotational strike.

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
SHSL said:
According to the VAC website processing times we should be hearing about the Visa by the end of this week (25 days for TR and 4 weeks for SP) however the Canada Embassy webpage provides for different information:

Temporary resident visa (visitor visa):
Average processing time for 80% of applications submitted directly at the Visa Section of the Embassy in the last 4 weeks: 47 days.

Study permit :
Average processing time for 80% of applications submitted directly at the Visa Section of the Embassy in the last 4 weeks: 6 weeks.

Temporary work permit:
Average processing time for 80% of applications submitted directly at the Visa Section of the Embassy in the last 4 weeks: 2 months.

to be honest I am starting to get a little desperate :(
This info is from which website because it does not match the info from the mexican VAC website. I can't believe how long things are taking!! Especially for visitors. My boyfriend applied over a month ago. Looks like I will be having to come down to mexico because he has already booked his vacation time for August and I am a teacher so I only have the summer off! I wish we at least knew if he was approved so we can just make plans. So frustrating!!!

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013
tweetybird said:
That's ridiculous!! Why is it taking so long? Have you tried to check online the application tracker or send them an email? Maybe they need more info from you.
Yes, I tried Specific Case Inquiry and I only got a reply saying the my application is still under process, I will try to call VAC tomorrow to see if they can do something, I doubt.

luisdneza

Nov 29, 2012
Good thing I stayed in Canada. My friend applied for her work visa and she hasn't gotten anything. Is the Mexican consulate on strike too?

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
luisdneza said:
Good thing I stayed in Canada. My friend applied for her work visa and she hasn't gotten anything. Is the Mexican consulate on strike too?
not the consulate/embassy. This is a rotating strike so only 60% of the Officers in charge of issuing visas are working. work is not completely stopped, just slowed down. A LOT. we've been waiting 3 months, but some people have gotten their visas after the strike started so i guess is just a matter of time... and luck? haha
is your friend in mexico? when did she apply for her work visa? let her know she's not the only one waiting. there are thousands of us.

SHSL

Jul 3, 2013
So we got an email today from the Monterrey VAC (sent an email on Monday 5 to ask about our visa status) and they replied saying that the embassy has confirmed our documents will be returned to us shortly, possibly today.

We applied on June 14 so if we actually get to receive the documents this week it took them around 8 weeks to provide a response, very slow and frustrating process.

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
SHSL said:
So we got an email today from the Monterrey VAC (sent an email on Monday 5 to ask about our visa status) and they replied saying that the embassy has confirmed our documents will be returned to us shortly, possibly today.

We applied on June 14 so if we actually get to receive the documents this week it took them around 8 weeks to provide a response, very slow and frustrating process.
yeah, tourist visas are being processed, slowly, but still. Work permits on the other hand... i think we'll have to wait until the strike is over.

SHSL

Jul 3, 2013
We finally got our student and visitor visas!!

I hope you guys will be hearing on your application soon.