+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico City Visa Office...... Let's Connect Here

RodrigoMX

Apr 6, 2020
Oct. 9. Maybe I'm just stressed because the 6 month mark is in 3 days haha.:) I got a GU on march 27. Maybe I got it because my file was transferred to Mexico City. Do you know if it is a "good" visa office? In terms of not delaying much the process. I've read that it is not a good VO for family class sponsorship, but I hope it is not the case for express entry applicants.

AlvaroP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
My opinion —not professional— is that your file is just ready. You live in Mexico, that's what I understand, and so the only final step is to call to Polanco to have your passport stamped. Unfortunately, IRCC stopped issued PPR something like 3 weeks ago. There's not much to worry or something you can do. Once this covid thing is gone, you'll receive the email. Forget about the 6 months mark. Check myimmitracker to know when they will start issuing PPR again.

Reactions: RodrigoMX

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Hey guys
I'm a Mexican, applied under the FSW (outland) program. I have an AOR of early September 2020. Was curious for other mexicans living in México, that applied as FSW-O, how was their process? Did you got México City as you Visa Office, or which one did you got? Also, was Mexico City visa office only for stamping?
Thanks!

AlvaroP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Hey guys
I'm a Mexican, applied under the FSW (outland) program. I have an AOR of early September 2020. Was curious for other mexicans living in México, that applied as FSW-O, how was their process? Did you got México City as you Visa Office, or which one did you got? Also, was Mexico City visa office only for stamping?
Thanks!
Hello, Goku. Each file is different. The "regular" process is that you should go through the Mexican VO, like some other fellas in the Caribbean and surroundings who do not have their own VO. But some others get their PPR directly from an inland office, like Ottawa or Edmonton. You should get one of these for sure at the beginning (probably Ottawa) and then maybe your file will be transferred to Mexico at the end of the process. Recent PPR get a letter, without any passport stamping. The process has hugely changed with covid. In any case, be prepared for a very long process, my AOR is November (but 2019, not 2020) and still waiting ;)