+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico City Interview - Wait for a decision

Maxy

Aug 6, 2008
Hello everyone,

This forum has been so helpful! Very reassuring to see others going through what we're going through. I'm Canadian and my husband is from Mexico - we're applying for permanent residence through the spousal class (overseas). He's been asked to go to an interview in November and plans to stay down there until his application is approved and he can land. How long does it typically take for approval once the interview is over, with respect to the Mexico City office?

Thanks for any info!

Maxy

Aug 6, 2008
Just went over this question with our lawyer. Apparently, you can tell as the interview is ending what decision will be made and if you can't, you can ask. Then it will just take a week or two for the official response to be conveyed to the applicant.

CrysMIg

Oct 12, 2008
My husband is waiting for his interview in Feb 2009 the question i have is that he had a refugee claim and he was denied before starting the process to sponsor him, now they are asking him to bring in the papers notifying him the descicion made by the refugee board wich we dont have we just have his client ID from the refugee claim and his preremoval risk assesment notification, he never applied for it and he left canada voluntarily, and his departure from canada proof which the Immigriation officer refused to give him when he boarded the plane, the only documents we have that can prove his departure are the plane tickets, the check-in papers from the Immigration office in toronto, his stamped passport and the check-in from the Mexican immigartion office when he arrived, the officer didnt even want to give his passport back, the Captian of the flight had to tell him " if you dont give me the passport he can't go on the plane" and thats why he gave it to him my husband wrote down his badge number by the way

Maxy

Aug 6, 2008
I would think that you should give them all the information you have regarding the refugee process and proof that he left the country. However you should also request a copy of the letter indicating refusal of refugee status from the office that made the decision. The more information the better!