+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico - Canada

seedifly

Sep 19, 2020
Hi Everyone - I do and don't know where to begin. I filled out the application for a spousal sponsorship while abroad (We live in Mexico. I am Canadian, my hubs is Mexican) 2 years ago and then pressed pause, and have just completed it again. Here is where I am stuck. 1. We don't know exactly where we would like to live, this would depend on where my husband finds work. 2. My husband has a daughter in Norway and her mother is uncooperative in providing us with a copy of her birth certificate 3. We are uncertain of the timeline. Once we receive the "OK" you can come to Canada now ... how long do we have to actually touch down in the country? 4. Is the wait time 1+ years right now? 5. If my husband is called in for an interview, is this in Mexico, or Canada? Thanks you all so much. I hope to be able to pay it forward.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
1. You need to show some evidence of planning to relocate: searching for jobs, housing, etc. as well as wrapping up your affairs in Mexico.
2. By law, the daughter and any other children of his must be properly declared and medically examined, even if they are not accompanying you to Canada. If it proves absolutely impossible to get the mother to cooperate, IRCC may allow you to waive your right to sponsor the daughter in the future.
3. Once your husband receives his COPR, he has until that expires or one year from the date of his medical exam to land in Canada, whichever comes first.
4. Yes.
5. Mexico.