+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexican traveling on vacation on eTA after denied entry to USA

comer4040

Feb 18, 2019
My girlfriend(Mex citizen) was recently denied entry to see me in the US and issued an expedited removal for having worked a few hours a week for my business while visiting last year. She now has a 5 year bar to entry to the USA. Before all that happened she had received an eTA although never actually entered Canada(we were planning on flying through on way to Europe but never did). We are trying to plan a 1 week vacation where we would meet in Canada. We are nervous and wondering if this previous removal from the USA could affect her being able to enter Canada(she would have a return ticket and has strong ties to her home in Mexico(good job, family, etc.)

comer4040

Feb 18, 2019
It will definitely show up on her immigration record with CBP based on which you can assume CBSA will see it too. Almost guaranteed they will pull her to secondary so she needs to have all the facts together. Essentially, she needs to prove she ain't coming to work, has a legitimate purpose to visit, got enough money to spend, has enough reasons to go back and not overstay, etc. Having said that, she might get lucky and none of this will happen, you never know! Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. This is more or less what I was thinking but I guess my real question would then be: Is the fact that she worked for me and was removed from the USA for working enough in and of itself to convince CBSA that she should be ineligible for entry to Canada? What kind of supporting documentation would be good to have other than proof of employment, return ticket, and bank accounts? Hotel reservations?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the reply. This is more or less what I was thinking but I guess my real question would then be: Is the fact that she worked for me and was removed from the USA for working enough in and of itself to convince CBSA that she should be ineligible for entry to Canada? What kind of supporting documentation would be good to have other than proof of employment, return ticket, and bank accounts? Hotel reservations?
1. When was she removed from the US?

2. Do you have any Canadian customers?

3. You may want to consider meeting her in Mexico instead of Canada

4. Even if she has the relevant documents, there's a possibility that she could be refused entry

Reactions: comer4040

comer4040

Feb 18, 2019
1. When was she removed from the US?

2. Do you have any Canadian customers?

3. You may want to consider meeting her in Mexico instead of Canada

4. Even if she has the relevant documents, there's a possibility that she could be refused entry
1. December of 2018

2. No. I had a very small restaurant and she basically helped as a cashier/taking orders.

I frequently visit her in Mexico we're really just interested in going somewhere new for a week. It sounds like it really just comes down to luck and the whims of the border agent at the airport

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The date of removal from the US is pretty recent. I would recommend she wait another six months before attempting to visit Canada. Coming too soon will increase the chances of issues at the border. However as you said, ultimately up to the CBSA officer.

dionner

May 21, 2019
We just both left Montreal. She had no problems at all and didn't even get pulled to secondary
Please share the questions asked by the immigration officers as I am currently dealing with the same situation. Did they focus on your travel details/itinerary in Canada? Did they actually ask details about the expedited removal? What documents did you prepare? Please help.

dionner

May 21, 2019
Please share the questions asked by the immigration officers as I am currently dealing with the same situation. Did they focus on your travel details/itinerary in Canada? Did they actually ask details about the expedited removal? What documents did you prepare? Please help.
Would just like to share the questions asked by the immigration officers in Vancouver. They were btw very polite and “lively”.
1. What brought you here in Canada?
2. Where are you going?
3. What’s in Calgary (in my case)?
4. Are you traveling alone?
“Alright! You’re all set. Enjoy your vacation!!”

It was a breeze!