+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexican PCC

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
hi everyone. Our documents to get the Mexican police certificate was received by the Canadian embassy in Mexico City yesterday. We expect a long wait but does anyone know if it’s possible for our application to move forward in the meantime? (Get AIP, SA, or DM)....or does the wait for the PCC put the application to a hault. Also, is it possible for background check to finish while waiting for PCC? Thanks in advance :)

ren87

Nov 20, 2020
hi everyone. Our documents to get the Mexican police certificate was received by the Canadian embassy in Mexico City yesterday. We expect a long wait but does anyone know if it’s possible for our application to move forward in the meantime? (Get AIP, SA, or DM)....or does the wait for the PCC put the application to a hault. Also, is it possible for background check to finish while waiting for PCC? Thanks in advance :)
Hi @Mar1219 i have the same doubt, how did you proceed?

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi!

Yes, the application can move forward in the meantime (see our timeline in my signature). I am not sure, however, if the Background Check can be finalized without it.. My guess would be 'No", but at least it is possible for you t get AIP and SA (you also cannot get DM without the PCC).

Hope it helps!

ren87

Nov 20, 2020
Hi @Conaider

thanks for your response!
So on the PCC section on the ITA require documents, did you upload something to move forward and get your AoR? (the UPS/DHL, fingerprints receipt).
I sent my fingerprints to the embassy of Canada in Mexico 2 weeks ago, but i don't know if should i upload the receipts on that section to move forward or wait until my PCC is done.

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi @Conaider

thanks for your response!
So on the PCC section on the ITA require documents, did you upload something to move forward and get your AoR? (the UPS/DHL, fingerprints receipt).
I sent my fingerprints to the embassy of Canada in Mexico 2 weeks ago, but i don't know if should i upload the receipts on that section to move forward or wait until my PCC is done.
No, I didn't upload anything , the AIP just came.. we actually received AIP/SA before the fingerprints made it to the Embassy in Mexico. The applicatiomn really just keeps going at it's own pace regardless of what happens with the PCC