+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexican PCC living in Mexico

Fodrigo

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi,

I received an ITA and they are asking for my spouse's mexican PCC.

In the CIC website they say:

If you’re a citizen of Mexico
If you live in Mexico:
You must apply to the Mexican authorities, Fiscalía General de la República (FGR). The office processing your application will send you a letter with instructions on how to get a police certificate. Once you’ve received the instructions letter, email the visa office in Mexico City to request an official letter. Take the official letter to the FGR office closest to you to apply for a police certificate.

The instructions letter provided by the processing office is not the same as the official letter that you must submit to the FGR authorities.

So basically, it takes 3 steps:
1. I need to apply to FGR and ask for a letter with instructions on how to get a police certificate.
2. With this letter, email the Visa office (is it the same as the Canadian embassy?) in Mexico to request an official letter.
3. With this official letter, apply at the FGR for my PCC.

I get steps 2 and 3 but I am lost at the first step. Where do I apply to FGR to request a letter on how to get a police certificate?
I found this website
https://www.gob.mx/fgr/acciones-y-programas/constancia-de-datos-registrales
And they say I need (among many other documents), a letter from the embassy (I imagine it's the canadian embassy in Mexico) requesting the PCC to start doing their part. But at the same time, the canadian visa office in mexico asks for a letter from them to start doing their part? This is so confusing, where should I start from:

Should I ask the FGR for a letter to ask the visa office for an official requesting letter so I can get my PCC
Or
Should I jump step 1 (because the website above explains how to get my PCC anyway) and send an email to the visa office asking for the official requesting letter so I can give it to the FGR?

Before I receive my ITA, I tried to get this official request letter from the Visa office (without having any letter from the FGR with instructions on how to get a PCC/ignoring step 1) and the answer was:

" Dear Sir/Madame,

Please be advised that we require the applicant's full name, date of birth and the file number in order to access records and properly respond to your enquiry".

So apparently the first step is unnecessary as the FGR website I linked above already says what I should do to get my PCC, and I dont need a letter with instructions for that.

Is the first step actually asking the visa office for an official request letter with the information they asked in their reply? If so, are they asking for my full name and date of birth or my wife's? And what is the file number? Is it the profile number of my ITA?

Anyway, I sent a new email with mine and my wife's full name, date of birth, and the profile number of my application and didnt get a response back.

Can anyone enlight me about the actual first step for Mexicans living in Mexico, please? I've looked all around this forum and I only see cases of people applying from outside mexico and it's a different process.

Thanks in advance!

AngryBurrito

Feb 20, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-Feb-2020
Hi, yes this is a very confusing long process, but it's very important.
This is what I did.
1 . Email the canadian consulate in Mexico at MXICO-IM-RAU@international.gc.ca
Add your EE profile number, names and birth dates. I also attached the file that you get from IRCC when you get ITA.
2. You will receive a file signed by the consular that should be printed and handed along with all the other requirements mentioned in the FGR webpage.
3. Go in person to deliver the documents to your closest FGR office.
4. You will have your document in a couple of weeks.

I hope this helps my friend.

Reactions: Fodrigo

Fodrigo

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi, yes this is a very confusing long process, but it's very important.
This is what I did.
1 . Email the canadian consulate in Mexico at MXICO-IM-RAU@international.gc.ca
Add your EE profile number, names and birth dates. I also attached the file that you get from IRCC when you get ITA.
2. You will receive a file signed by the consular that should be printed and handed along with all the other requirements mentioned in the FGR webpage.
3. Go in person to deliver the documents to your closest FGR office.
4. You will have your document in a couple of weeks.

I hope this helps my friend.
That's perfect. Exactly what I needed. Thank you so much!

Actually, this is exactly what I did too (I didn't attach the fi;e from IRCC, though) but they didn't respond. It might be due to COVID-19, maybe.

MagicTocino

May 4, 2020
Hello Fodrigo,

Following up on your PCC, have you received it yet? or are you still waiting for a reply from the Canadian consulate in Mexico?

Also, in the CIC website, it is mentioned the name of the document that you are supposed to get which is "Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales" , nevertheless, in the FGR website this document is named "Constancia de datos registrales". Could you please confirm which document you got, the first one or the second one? Maybe these documents are the same and just changed the name, I just want to clear this doubt out.

CIC Website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html
FGR Website: https://www.gob.mx/fgr/acciones-y-programas/constancia-de-datos-registrales

Last question, when you received the request letter from IRCC to get the PCC, how much time did the give you 60 days or 90 days (COVID-19 situation) ?

Thanks in advance,

Fodrigo

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hello Fodrigo,

Following up on your PCC, have you received it yet? or are you still waiting for a reply from the Canadian consulate in Mexico?

Also, in the CIC website, it is mentioned the name of the document that you are supposed to get which is "Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales" , nevertheless, in the FGR website this document is named "Constancia de datos registrales". Could you please confirm which document you got, the first one or the second one? Maybe these documents are the same and just changed the name, I just want to clear this doubt out.

CIC Website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html
FGR Website: https://www.gob.mx/fgr/acciones-y-programas/constancia-de-datos-registrales

Last question, when you received the request letter from IRCC to get the PCC, how much time did the give you 60 days or 90 days (COVID-19 situation) ?

Thanks in advance,
Hey MagicTocino,

So.. I didn't even receive my official letter to go to the FGR. The Canadian Embassy is still closed...
Now you got me confused with the correct name of the document we should take at the FGR, did you figure this out?

They requested my PCC a looong time ago, they gave me initially 60, but due to COVID-19 it's been more than 120 already. But they did assure me they wouldn't deny the application due to lateness with this situation going on.

MagicTocino

May 4, 2020
Hey MagicTocino,

So.. I didn't even receive my official letter to go to the FGR. The Canadian Embassy is still closed...
Now you got me confused with the correct name of the document we should take at the FGR, did you figure this out?

They requested my PCC a looong time ago, they gave me initially 60, but due to COVID-19 it's been more than 120 already. But they did assure me they wouldn't deny the application due to lateness with this situation going on.
Hello Fodrigo,

It seems that everything is being delayed due to this COVID-19 situation.

Answering to your question, the "Constancia de datos registrales" document is OK for the PCC. In the following forum you can check the Mexican PCC and some other doubts you may have, there were some other people in the same situation as you but some got their PCC in June, you may want to check this out in the forum, this forum is being updated frequently:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/police-certificate-mexico-constancia-de-antecedentes-registrales.274653/page-51

If you don't mind me asking, which translator (or perito traductor) are you using in Mexico? I am trying to find which translator I can use for my documents.

Best regards,

Fodrigo

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Thanks for the link!
Hello Fodrigo,

It seems that everything is being delayed due to this COVID-19 situation.

Answering to your question, the "Constancia de datos registrales" document is OK for the PCC. In the following forum you can check the Mexican PCC and some other doubts you may have, there were some other people in the same situation as you but some got their PCC in June, you may want to check this out in the forum, this forum is being updated frequently:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/police-certificate-mexico-constancia-de-antecedentes-registrales.274653/page-51

If you don't mind me asking, which translator (or perito traductor) are you using in Mexico? I am trying to find which translator I can use for my documents.

Best regards,
Thanks for the link! I just got my request letter from the following email: MXICO-IM-RAU@international.gc.ca

Also, I'm not using a translator from Mexico, I'm using this one from Canada: docsbasecanada@gmail.com

Good luck!