+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Met a girl online in Kenya, we both never traveled. Want her here on a 2 wk visa

Bwc

Apr 17, 2017
I met this girl online, I already had a lawyer write up a invitation letter. Thing is she doesn't work or own a house. She has never traveled so that another problem. Can someone please help in steps to strengthen my case for her to come here for two weeks. I will buy supplying everything while she is here. Please no judgement I'm just looking for help as how to not get denied. Would it be easier if I went to visit her in Kenya then apply for a visit here? Step by step as this is completely new. Thank you.

Brent

rj2301

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax IRCC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
16-10-2015
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
IELTS Request
26-04-2016
File Transfer...
26-04-2016
Med's Request
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
21-08-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
LANDED..........
13-03-2017
Bwc said:
I met this girl online, I already had a lawyer write up a invitation letter. Thing is she doesn't work or own a house. She has never traveled so that another problem. Can someone please help in steps to strengthen my case for her to come here for two weeks. I will buy supplying everything while she is here. Please no judgement I'm just looking for help as how to not get denied. Would it be easier if I went to visit her in Kenya then apply for a visit here? Step by step as this is completely new. Thank you.

Brent
Doesn't want to sound negative, but the situation you have described looks like definite rejection.
This is the requirement for TRV:
1. satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay
Officer will not be satisfied as she doesn't have Job or property hence no financial ties to home country
Solution : she will need to have a Job or property or financial assets to prove this

2. show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home
As she doesn't work, you providing her money can go wrong way
Solution: Same as 1

3. not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so
Solution same as 1
4. be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity,
not be a risk to the security of Canada,
Submit her Criminal record Check
5. provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility, and
6. be in good health (complete a medical examination if required).

Reasoning is She doesn't have any ties financially to Kenya - No job or property - immigration officer will not be convinced that she will return back at the end of the stay.
First thing she will need to prove to Immigration officer is that she has something to go back to Kenya like a Job or property or both.
Chances will be much more stronger if she has a stable job and/or property and if she can show the proof in her bank account that she can afford her stay in Canada.
Even if you go to Kenya and visit her, that will not affect her application in any way.
Hope this helps

Bwc

Apr 17, 2017
Thank you for the information it is helpful. So cause she doesn't have a job or any ties I mean her family is all there. What if I even have a return ticket? I dont want her to work or go to school as in she is here to visit me. She doesn't have a criminal record and yes I guess a Medical would benefit even if not required.

I was just thinking if I flew there and left Kenya after specific set amount of time it would show serious about dating. Maybe show trustworthy that we are in a serious relationship? I do thank for your time. I figured it would be hard.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Unfortunately, she has a strong case for a refusal: No job + no property + no finances to afford the visit + no previous travel. Her family ties get overshadowed by the lack of other stronger ties.

1. Is she studying? That would help to some extent

2. It's not advisable to buy plane tickets before visas are issued. It does not help to prove that someone will return to his/her country of residence

3. Criminal checks/medical examinations are not required for a TRV. The visa office will let her know if they are required

4. Even at a later stage (serious dating), she will most likely get a TRV refusal. This is because she doesn't have any reason to return to Kenya + your relationship details would make the visa officer believe that she is coming to Canada to stay long-term