+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

messed up with the Use of Representative form

y2knp

Jan 9, 2017
hi, folks. I applied the PR application for my wife on my own initially. The visa office asked for more documents in April and I decided to get an immigration consultant for help since then. The visa office just sent me an email today and tells me that someone else's information was on the first page of the IMM5476 form. So I realized my consultant used his previous customer's information on the first page of this form and did not update to my information. The second page of this form was ok since it includes only my consultant's information and my signature. Now the visa office is asking me explanations for someone else's information was on my signed IMM5476 form. I know it's very obvious that my consultant made a mistake. I'm very frightened now. Do they consider I submitted the falsifying documents?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
your consultant then needs to provide proof that this was done in error and you need to send it to IRCC... i would also look for a new consultant -- these errors shouldnt happen

Reactions: Classic Chucks
C

Classic Chucks

your consultant then needs to provide proof that this was done in error and you need to send it to IRCC... i would also look for a new consultant -- these errors shouldnt happen
I totally agree!! Your consultant is a massive headache!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi, folks. I applied the PR application for my wife on my own initially. The visa office asked for more documents in April and I decided to get an immigration consultant for help since then. The visa office just sent me an email today and tells me that someone else's information was on the first page of the IMM5476 form. So I realized my consultant used his previous customer's information on the first page of this form and did not update to my information. The second page of this form was ok since it includes only my consultant's information and my signature. Now the visa office is asking me explanations for someone else's information was on my signed IMM5476 form. I know it's very obvious that my consultant made a mistake. I'm very frightened now. Do they consider I submitted the falsifying documents?
Demand that your consultant provide you with a notarized letter explaining his mistake, at his own cost. Once you have the letter, fire him and demand a full refund.

y2knp

Jan 9, 2017
Do you guys think that it has serious impact on my application? It takes longer to process my application for sure, is there any other consequence?