+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Message from Vienna even though I am in Canada

Nicoletta

Nov 5, 2015
Good morning everyone,

over night I have received the following message from Immigration in Vienna:

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. Before it can be finalized, you must follow the instructions below within 30 days of the date of this letter.
Please include a copy of the first page of this letter with your submission.
Please read carefully all information and instructions set out below and complete the steps accordingly. Your application will be finalized at the visa office in Vienna. If you have any questions after reading the information and instructions, please contact us at (email address from CIC that I do not want to share here).
1. Change in your Family Composition
You must notify Vienne in writing if there has been or will be changes in your life circumstances before using your visas, such as:
A. Family status (e.g. marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation, birth, adoption, death of the sponsor, principal applicant or any accompanying family member, including grandchildren born to dependent children); or
B. You or any of your family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence; or
C. Changes to mailing address/e-mail address/contact information.
Failure to inform CIC of any of these changes may delay processing, may result in the cancellation of your immigrant visas and may render you and your family members inadmissible to Canada. Failure to inform CIC of additional dependent family members may permanently exclude them from being eligible under a sponsorship in the Family Class later on.
2. Validity of your Immigrant Visa and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence Document
The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document is time sensitive so it is important for you to act quickly upon receipt of this letter. Please note that the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence is limited by the validity of your medical results or the validity of your passport (or of one of your accompanying dependent), whichever is shortest.
Page 2 of 4
Once you receive your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document, please check the information on it to make sure it is correct. If there are any errors, such as incorrect spelling of name or incorrect date of birth, please inform the Canadian Embassy in Vienna immediately and we will confirm if reprinting is necessary. Please note that CIC used precise guidelines to record names in its database.
You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. Once issued, the validity of the Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the immigration laws in force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application will be successful.
3. Final Steps Before Printing your Immigration Documents
Our records indicate that you are a citizen from a country described in paragraph 190(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations or have a travel document described in paragraph 190(2)(c) to (f) of the Regulations, thus allowing you to travel to Canada without an immigrant counterfoil. As such, only a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document will be sent to you. Nevertheless, you are still required to bring the same valid passport that you indicated in your application when you travel to Canada.
All passports used to immigrate to Canada should be valid for a minimum of six months. Please note that Diplomatic, Official or Military passports cannot be used to immigrate to Canada.
A. Pay your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), if applicable.
Before a Confirmation of Permanent Residence can be printed, principal applicants (with some exceptions) and their spouse or common-law partner accompanying them to Canada must pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). Non-accompanying spouse or common-law partner, dependent children of a principal applicant or a sponsor, child to be adopted, orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild and protected persons (such as refugees) are not required to pay this fee.
If you have not already paid this fee, you can find instructions on how to pay this fee at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp?cat=perm. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp?cat=perm
B. Two Passport-sized photographs
On January 1st, 2016, the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) has updated its requirements for official photos. If your photos do not match the requirements listed at the following address, you must provide us with new photos matching these specifications for you and any accompanying dependents: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf.
C. Updated Copy of your Passport/Travel Document
If you or an accompanying family member has changed passport since you submitted your application, you must provide us with an updated copy.
Page 3 of 4
D. Confirm your mailing address
This step is particularly important if you have moved since you submitted your application or if you have a representative who has been receiving all of your correspondence, but now wish to have your immigration documents sent directly to you.
E. Report Back to the Canadian Embassy in Vienna, Austria
If you need to send us physical documents (such as passport-sized photos), please respond to this letter by mail by using one of the following options along with all of the documentation required (photos, copy of RPRF receipt, copy of passport, etc.):
a) By Registered mail
Send your passport directly to the Canadian Embassy in Vienna at the following address:
Immigration Section Embassy of Canada Laurenzerberg 2/III 1010 Vienna Austria
If you do not provide a pre-paid return envelope from a private courier company, our office will return your documents by regular mail. Please note that the Embassy of Canada is not responsible for any items lost in the mail.
b) By Private Courier
If you choose this option, we strongly recommend that you supply a pre-paid commercial courier coupon for us to return your documents. Ensure that all the required information is completed on the pre-paid commercial courier coupon to allow us to return your document to you:
 Include your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field
 Place the address of the Canadian Embassy in Vienna in the “Return Address” field:
Immigration Section Embassy of Canada Laurenzerberg 2/III 1010 Vienna
 Your account details
Once you have arranged the pre-paid pick-up with the commercial courier service, the commercial courier company must contact our section by e-mail (vienn-visa@international.gc.ca) in order to organize the pick-up of your envelope.
If you do not provide a pre-paid return envelope, our office will return your documents by regular mail. Please note that the Embassy of Canada is not responsible for any items lost in the mail.
Page 4 of 4
4. The Return of your Passport and Immigration Documents
Your immigration documentation will be mailed out to you within approximately seven days from the date that the Canadian Embassy in Vienna receives the missing items via the transmission method you selected. Your immigration documentation will be returned to the mailing address we have in our records, unless instructed otherwise.
Yours truly,

I am a little bit surprised that they are processing my application as I am currently living in Canada but as a tourist and I am not able to work. Is this why?

I have just re-checked my application and I have indicated everywhere that my country of residence is Canada.

Also what documents should I send them? 2 pictures and a letter confirming that nothing has changed since the time I submitted the application?

I had a lot of trouble with immigration so it is hard for me to believe that finally things are turning for the better :)

Thanks for your help in advance and sorry for the lengthy post.

Thanks Nicoletta

nedved13

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
TEF 02-02-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
Congratulation it's ppr, you should send your passport to Vienna VO (easy way) or send a CSE to CIC to change you VO to Ottawa (might take some time)

Nicoletta

Nov 5, 2015
Thank you! So you read it the way that they want my actual passport?

Because of the following I would think that they are ok with a copy:

Our records indicate that you are a citizen from a country described in paragraph 190(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations or have a travel document described in paragraph 190(2)(c) to (f) of the Regulations, thus allowing you to travel to Canada without an immigrant counterfoil. As such, only a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document will be sent to you. Nevertheless, you are still required to bring the same valid passport that you indicated in your application when you travel to Canada.

Thanks Nicole

nedved13

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
TEF 02-02-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
Nicoletta said:
Thank you! So you read it the way that they want my actual passport?

Because of the following I would think that they are ok with a copy:

Thanks Nicole
Yes Nicole, good luck

expressentryqueen

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14th
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
January 14th
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
03-07-2016
Nicoletta said:
Good morning everyone,

over night I have received the following message from Immigration in Vienna:

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. Before it can be finalized, you must follow the instructions below within 30 days of the date of this letter.
Please include a copy of the first page of this letter with your submission.
Please read carefully all information and instructions set out below and complete the steps accordingly. Your application will be finalized at the visa office in Vienna. If you have any questions after reading the information and instructions, please contact us at (email address from CIC that I do not want to share here).
1. Change in your Family Composition
You must notify Vienne in writing if there has been or will be changes in your life circumstances before using your visas, such as:
A. Family status (e.g. marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation, birth, adoption, death of the sponsor, principal applicant or any accompanying family member, including grandchildren born to dependent children); or
B. You or any of your family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence; or
C. Changes to mailing address/e-mail address/contact information.
Failure to inform CIC of any of these changes may delay processing, may result in the cancellation of your immigrant visas and may render you and your family members inadmissible to Canada. Failure to inform CIC of additional dependent family members may permanently exclude them from being eligible under a sponsorship in the Family Class later on.
2. Validity of your Immigrant Visa and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence Document
The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document is time sensitive so it is important for you to act quickly upon receipt of this letter. Please note that the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence is limited by the validity of your medical results or the validity of your passport (or of one of your accompanying dependent), whichever is shortest.
Page 2 of 4
Once you receive your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document, please check the information on it to make sure it is correct. If there are any errors, such as incorrect spelling of name or incorrect date of birth, please inform the Canadian Embassy in Vienna immediately and we will confirm if reprinting is necessary. Please note that CIC used precise guidelines to record names in its database.
You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. Once issued, the validity of the Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the immigration laws in force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application will be successful.
3. Final Steps Before Printing your Immigration Documents
All passports used to immigrate to Canada should be valid for a minimum of six months. Please note that Diplomatic, Official or Military passports cannot be used to immigrate to Canada.
A. Pay your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), if applicable.
Before a Confirmation of Permanent Residence can be printed, principal applicants (with some exceptions) and their spouse or common-law partner accompanying them to Canada must pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). Non-accompanying spouse or common-law partner, dependent children of a principal applicant or a sponsor, child to be adopted, orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild and protected persons (such as refugees) are not required to pay this fee.
If you have not already paid this fee, you can find instructions on how to pay this fee at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp?cat=perm. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp?cat=perm
B. Two Passport-sized photographs
On January 1st, 2016, the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) has updated its requirements for official photos. If your photos do not match the requirements listed at the following address, you must provide us with new photos matching these specifications for you and any accompanying dependents: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf.
C. Updated Copy of your Passport/Travel Document
If you or an accompanying family member has changed passport since you submitted your application, you must provide us with an updated copy.
Page 3 of 4
D. Confirm your mailing address
This step is particularly important if you have moved since you submitted your application or if you have a representative who has been receiving all of your correspondence, but now wish to have your immigration documents sent directly to you.
E. Report Back to the Canadian Embassy in Vienna, Austria
If you need to send us physical documents (such as passport-sized photos), please respond to this letter by mail by using one of the following options along with all of the documentation required (photos, copy of RPRF receipt, copy of passport, etc.):
a) By Registered mail
Send your passport directly to the Canadian Embassy in Vienna at the following address:
Immigration Section Embassy of Canada Laurenzerberg 2/III 1010 Vienna Austria
If you do not provide a pre-paid return envelope from a private courier company, our office will return your documents by regular mail. Please note that the Embassy of Canada is not responsible for any items lost in the mail.
b) By Private Courier
If you choose this option, we strongly recommend that you supply a pre-paid commercial courier coupon for us to return your documents. Ensure that all the required information is completed on the pre-paid commercial courier coupon to allow us to return your document to you:
 Include your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field
 Place the address of the Canadian Embassy in Vienna in the “Return Address” field:
Immigration Section Embassy of Canada Laurenzerberg 2/III 1010 Vienna
 Your account details
Once you have arranged the pre-paid pick-up with the commercial courier service, the commercial courier company must contact our section by e-mail (vienn-visa@international.gc.ca) in order to organize the pick-up of your envelope.
If you do not provide a pre-paid return envelope, our office will return your documents by regular mail. Please note that the Embassy of Canada is not responsible for any items lost in the mail.
Page 4 of 4
4. The Return of your Passport and Immigration Documents
Your immigration documentation will be mailed out to you within approximately seven days from the date that the Canadian Embassy in Vienna receives the missing items via the transmission method you selected. Your immigration documentation will be returned to the mailing address we have in our records, unless instructed otherwise.
Yours truly,

I am a little bit surprised that they are processing my application as I am currently living in Canada but as a tourist and I am not able to work. Is this why?

I have just re-checked my application and I have indicated everywhere that my country of residence is Canada.

Also what documents should I send them? 2 pictures and a letter confirming that nothing has changed since the time I submitted the application?

I had a lot of trouble with immigration so it is hard for me to believe that finally things are turning for the better :)

Thanks for your help in advance and sorry for the lengthy post.

Thanks Nicoletta
Congrats, Nicoletta!