+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Message from CIC seeking extra information.

Simondial

Nov 19, 2012
Hi,
I just received the following message from CIC:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the
review of your application, we require the following documents:

Principal Applicant:

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form
(IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. See link below for applicable form. Please ensure
you have provided the details for any questions you have answered YES on question 6.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.pdf

Travel History Info Form: Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and
purpose) including citizenship and resident document information. See link below for applicable
form. Please make sure to include the duration of each trip. Please provide us with detailed
information for the time period between January 2010 and September 2010.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5562E.PDF

Co-Dependant:

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form
(IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. See link below for applicable form. Please ensure
you have provided the details for any questions you have answered YES on question 6.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.pdf

Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account July 26, 2016.
Please note:
The above information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this
correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information
that was provided with your application and your application could be refused.

- The only question we answered yes to was if we had previously applied for a permanent residency Visa. As this is our second CEC application I gave the UCI and application number of the first failed application.
I'm not sure why clarification is needed here.

-I would also like to know if we have to completely fill out the original IMM5669 forms or if we can adjust the online application we have already submitted?
There doesn't appear to be enough rows on the IMM5669 forms for all the information.

We are basically wondering if there is a simple solution to this without having to complete the entire forms all over again.

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
you cannot simply adjust what you had already submitted
You need to complete these forms and submit again. There is no easy path with CIC :).

Cheers

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Simondial said:
There doesn't appear to be enough rows on the IMM5669 forms for all the information.
Per the instructions on the form, if there is not enough space, you continue on a blank sheet (or sheets) of paper and attach them to the form.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Simondial said:
- The only question we answered yes to was if we had previously applied for a permanent residency Visa. As this is our second CEC application I gave the UCI and application number of the first failed application.
I'm not sure why clarification is needed here.

If you did not provide the reason/explanation for the refusal, then that item was incomplete.

This may not be why they asked for new forms, however, there could be any number of reasons, such as gaps in the history, some inconsistency, length of time since the original application was filed, etc...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Simondial said:
So do i need to start all over again or Just give them the specific information they require?
You need to complete the forms again.

Simondial

Nov 19, 2012
Damn that's annoying ???, it would be a lot more straightforward if I could just give them the explanations they specifically need without having to re-do my and my spouse's entire history again.
Thanks for the help anyway Guys.