+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mentoring programs for new immigrants in Canada!!!

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada is rolling out new mentoring programs in various parts of the country for extending opportunities to new immigrants.

ACCES Employment Services, an immigrant employment agency in Canada, is providing a Speed Mentoring pilot program throughout the nation to help new immigrants over the common barriers to success in getting jobs in the country.

The speed mentoring program aims to enable new immigrants in Canada get connected with the employers in the nation.

ACCES is hosting a huge networking program at the Toronto Board of Trade today for beginning the ‘Speed Mentoring’ program.

The program aims to help around 100 new immigrants in Canada seeking jobs in the nation. In addition, around 100 managers and executives from nearly 65 companies are also likely to participate in the pilot program.

The 10-minutes speed mentoring program for newcomers in Canada will focus on giving information related to various sectors including engineering and finance, sales and marketing and IT(information technology).

Several previous studies have reiterated about the higher levels of productivity and innovation by immigrants to the Canadian firms employing them. And despite of having higher qualifications and work experience, immigrants continue to face several obstacles in getting jobs in Canada.

This is evident from the higher unemployment rate for new immigrants in Canada which is around 17 percent in the city of Toronto. This results in making far less competitive in the world.

As per the findings of a GTA study in the year 2009, immigrants with English-sounding names and having Canadian work experience were more likely to be called for an interview than applicants with foreign credentials and Indian, Chinese or Pakistani names.

Canada is facing increasing skill shortages primarily due to shrinking number of adults in the working-age. And hence, there is an increasing need for giving due recognition to the skills and credentials possessed by immigrants in Canada to help them get employment in their respective fields.

The new Speed Mentoring Program sponsored by BMO Financial Group will involve providing information and guidance related to different sectors and different occupations for the benefit of the newcomers in Canada.

Around 1,600 professional new immigrants have benefited from the Speed Mentoring program by ACCES in the last four years and the job success rate of this program at five locations throughout Canada has been around 80 percent.

Reactions: Reghu@raj

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thnx mate for sharing... Really useful info
U really been supporting a lot for us in this forum...in every way possible... God bless you

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fariza said:
Thnx mate for sharing... Really useful info
U really been supporting a lot for us in this forum...in every way possible... God bless you
Your welcome mate and thanx for appreciating my efforts.

Cheers
Saki

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Thanks for sharing Saki.......+1 to you!

Amissa

saki said:
Canada is rolling out new mentoring programs in various parts of the country for extending opportunities to new immigrants.

ACCES Employment Services, an immigrant employment agency in Canada, is providing a Speed Mentoring pilot program throughout the nation to help new immigrants over the common barriers to success in getting jobs in the country.

The speed mentoring program aims to enable new immigrants in Canada get connected with the employers in the nation.

daak

Nov 9, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Saki

what about the other fields? is there any such program for fields other than you mentioned.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daak said:
Thanks Saki

what about the other fields? is there any such program for fields other than you mentioned.
Hi Daak,

No i dont know if there is any as i just came across this one, if i see anything else i will update you guys.

Cheers
Saki

Jan Khan

Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saki you are a star, from my side +1000000000000000 for you.

Please let me know how to secure admin jobs in Canada.

thanks

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jan Khan said:
Saki you are a star, from my side +1000000000000000 for you.

Please let me know how to secure admin jobs in Canada.

thanks
Hi Jan,

As we have heard from seniors and those who are already in Canada that to get a job in your profession you will need to have some canadian experience and some canadian qualification to back up your past experience in your field. You can try searching website for the jobs and start applying but there are very low chances that you will get a job before landing in Canada but what you can do in this time is to plan yourself and do your research on how you can secure a job in Canada when you land so that you dont have to waste much time on searching when you land in Canada.

Cheers
Saki

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......