+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mentioned Given & Family name in Visa application , passport has only first name

psk_cic

Apr 6, 2019
Issue - I have mentioned Full name (Family name and Given name) in the Visa application whereas passport mentions only given name.

Explanation - I use my full name for all official purpose, However, in the passport, only first name is mentioned. I have documents issued by the Government of India which have my full name.
The passport also mentions Father and Mother names with the same family name.

Can I submit some document/affidavit to be allowed to go for my Biometrics.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Issue - I have mentioned Full name (Family name and Given name) in the Visa application whereas passport mentions only given name.

Explanation - I use my full name for all official purpose, However, in the passport, only first name is mentioned. I have documents issued by the Government of India which have my full name.
The passport also mentions Father and Mother names with the same family name.

Can I submit some document/affidavit to be allowed to go for my Biometrics.
Your passport is your identity. You always have the option of getting a new passport with clear, distinct given and family names. The current identity of just a given name could become confusing for visa and other purposes

Reactions: psk_cic

psk_cic

Apr 6, 2019
If I get a new passport, Will they allow me to resubmit the new passport details to the same Visa application visa application

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
If I get a new passport, Will they allow me to resubmit the new passport details to the same Visa application visa application
Currently, if you are approved, your visa will be issued with the same name as stated in your passport.

You can submit a new passport while your application is being processed

psk_cic

Apr 6, 2019
My application is submitted and I have a UCI and Application number generated, I received a letter to give my Biometric.
but couldn't give them, as the biometrics office refused to take them due to name mismatch in my passport and Visa application

Have written about this concern to immigration@international.gc.ca . but haven't heard from them.If I get a new passport my passport number , expiry dates change and that will mean change in my application

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My application is submitted and I have a UCI and Application number generated, I received a letter to give my Biometric.
but couldn't give them, as the biometrics office refused to take them due to name mismatch in my passport and Visa application

Have written about this concern to immigration@international.gc.ca . but haven't heard from them.If I get a new passport my passport number , expiry dates change and that will mean change in my application
You should have filled your visa application form as per the name stated in your passport, and not as per your other documents.

If your visit is not urgent, you can ask to withdraw your application + request for a refund. And, then reapply when you get a new passport. It would make matters far easier and simpler.

BTW that's not the correct email address. Which visa office did you apply to?

psk_cic

Apr 6, 2019
My visa got denied due to no Biometrics, but I was not allowed to give biometrics due to name mismatch.
Sent multiple emails to CIC mentioning the issues but they didn't acknowledge.

Have sent a visa refused email -

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for biometrics.

• You are found inadmissible to Canada under paragraph 41(a) of the IRPA: through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of this Act.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

What should I do now? Any suggestions would be really helpful

psk_cic

Apr 6, 2019
Delhi immigrantion has not responded to multiple emails sent to them.
Which led to this entire issue, have been sending emails about the situation since the day I got to know.

Not even responding to refund request or reconsidering.How do I make my message heard.