MEng at University of Alberta

armbd

Feb 10, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yesplease said:
dalhousie and regina which is better?
Friend... tell you something... people suddenly ask which University is better or best... actually its all about which course or subject you are planning to pursue... each university has its own overall reputation and ranking but when it comes for idividual courses or subjecs or faculty... the ranks are different... so please do ask current students about individual rankings... :)

NIKKIHANES

Oct 3, 2014
armbd said:
For Oil and Gas Engineering, no doubt apart from UofA, MUN is the second best choice. It is tough to get admission also.
@ armbd with the above profile wat r my chances in MUN??

NIKKIHANES

Oct 3, 2014
armbd said:
For Oil and Gas Engineering, no doubt apart from UofA, MUN is the second best choice. It is tough to get admission also.
@armbd , with the above profile wat r my chances @ MUN??

yesplease

Dec 30, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
25-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
with application
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015

Rabs84

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Hi,
I am living in bahrain,i should hv to go abu dhabi for biometrics. Should i take an appointment for biometrics, if yes, then how? I emailed them n only automatic respond i got. Is anyone here who applied from abu dhabi...plz help me in this matter...before 11 nov i hv to go abu dhabi, after dat my application will be refused automatically.

khabkhab

Aug 2, 2014
Lahore-Pakistan
Visa Office......
Lahore-Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct. 2014
Med's Request
14 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
Up-front
VISA ISSUED...
31 Dec. 2014
LANDED..........
9 Jan 2015
gowpopt2t said:
hi,
i have finished my BE in electronics and communication engineering .i have 1 more subject to clear and i will clear it in dec 2014.so i will finish my degree only in 9th semester only.i want to do course based masters degree in telecommunications/signal processing because i am weak in electronics side and more confident in communications.it is fine even if the course has a little electronics subjects but i want more communications or signal processing subjects.i am looking for fall 2014 or winter 2014.i searched the internet but could not find any university providing the course i want so PLEASE suggest me a few universities.i am in india.the consultancy brainwashed me to do PG diploma as i am not intrested in research based degree but thanks to this forum i came to know about course based degree and the consultancy gets a share from my tuition fee!!! which would be a waste of money and moreover PG diploma has less value than masters degree.so please help me with this issue and suggest me a few universities which has the course i prefer.

my qualification is
10th-92%
12th-93%
BE-65%

with 65% i wont get into a top class university.so please suggest me average universities which provide the course i prefer.
Go for uni of Windsor if u can afford! U ll have a chance there! Although I dnt personally like the university but with ur given percentage you will have to make do with anything!

NIKKIHANES

Oct 3, 2014
Is it good to do the one year course (MASc) in oil and gas engineerig @ MUN, upon finishing my couse i wud only get 1 yr to stay and find a job. ?

gowpopt2t

Oct 14, 2014
khabkhab said:
Go for uni of Windsor if u can afford! U ll have a chance there! Although I dnt personally like the university but with ur given percentage you will have to make do with anything!
thanks a lot for the info .ll check it out.why is that you dont like the univ is there a problem with the reputation of the college or is there anything else??

GauravjotDhillon

Oct 24, 2014
Punjab,INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi frnds,can you help me with the university selection?
my profile is-
10th-76%
12th-64%
B.tech-72% (Electronics and Communication Engg.)
IELTS-7

acc. to my profile,in which of the following universities should i apply for?
Queen`s uni / Western Uni / Concordia Uni / Uni of Manitoba / Carleton Uni / Uni of windsor / Uni of Newbrunswick / Uni of regina!

Please suggest 5 Uni`s out of them, in which i may have chance of geting selected for admission in MASTERS OF ELECTRICAL and COMPUTER ENGINEERING?
I would be thankful to you for your guidance!

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Nah, just intrested in alberta ,as its where the main operations happen. Also, heard that for MEng, the admission criteria is a bit relaxed as no financial aid is given
Just giving some context. uAlberta is like the IIT Bombay of Canada.
Also, the best way to know about the re-start of the program is asking the university itself.(I'm assuming you've done that).
Also if scores were the only thing they look for, I don't think they would've mentioned any other requirements.
But if you're so keen on your field of study and work.
Choose other options too.. But if you only apply for uAlberta, you'll understand how the competition is after you get the result.. There's nothing better than self-realization.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Just giving some context. uAlberta is like the IIT Bombay of Canada.
Also, the best way to know about the re-start of the program is asking the university itself.(I'm assuming you've done that).
Also if scores were the only thing they look for, I don't think they would've mentioned any other requirements.
But if you're so keen on your field of study and work.
Choose other options too.. But if you only apply for uAlberta, you'll understand how the competition is after you get the result.. There's nothing better than self-realization.
You're giving advice to a post from 6 years ago, guy probably has grandchildren by now