+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University 2019-2020 Fall admission

Joe Dan

Feb 19, 2019
Hey all,

I have submitted my application for 2019-2020 Fall admission to MUN back in Dec and my application status hasn't been changed since then. it still says complete and ready for review. is there anyone who have got a result from the university yet. FYI, my field of choice was Computer science thesis based.

Regards,

ElenaEagleEye

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Hey all,

I have submitted my application for 2019-2020 Fall admission to MUN back in Dec and my application status hasn't been changed since then. it still says complete and ready for review. is there anyone who have got a result from the university yet. FYI, my field of choice was Computer science thesis based.

Regards,
When was the deadline?
All the applications are considered after the deadline has passed.
For example, if it was 15 of January, it usually takes 1-2 months for the SGS to respond.

Joe Dan

Feb 19, 2019
When was the deadline?
All the applications are considered after the deadline has passed.
For example, if it was 15 of January, it usually takes 1-2 months for the SGS to respond.
December 15th was the deadline. and it is more than 2 months. They recently sent me an email saying it might also take upto 3 months. So, I will just wait and hope for the best.

rahuln

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
December 15th was the deadline. and it is more than 2 months. They recently sent me an email saying it might also take upto 3 months. So, I will just wait and hope for the best.
Yours is thesis based so no one can say anything as it depends on a supervisor choosing you. So your application might just sit there or a prof might pick it up tomorrow. You can always approach the profs, give a research proposal and get them to supervise you.

ElenaEagleEye

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
I am curious, did you ever got in touch with someone from the Department, or the whole communication was via SGS?

Sukhpreetz

Feb 28, 2019
i also applied for 2019-2020 Fall admission. i submitted my application in October 2018 still waiting for response.

sharath reddy

Jan 25, 2019
I had applied on Nov 25 for fall 2019 MEngg in civil engineering and the deadline was Dec 1, it has been 3 months since the deadline has passed but it is still showing as ready for review.

Ayo787

Feb 18, 2019
If you know you apply to memorial university of Newfoundland, kindly note that decision will be made known in March/April.

Starting from March, everyone will start to know the outcome of the decision made.

I also applied since December 19th for Master's in Boreal Ecosystem and Agricultural Sciences but the deadline was Feb 1st.

So my prospective supervisor mailed me two weeks ago, Decisions will be made known from March to April.

I hope this helps everyone!

Joe Dan

Feb 19, 2019
Yours is thesis based so no one can say anything as it depends on a supervisor choosing you. So your application might just sit there or a prof might pick it up tomorrow. You can always approach the profs, give a research proposal and get them to supervise you.
How can I know which profs is having my application and contact them. also I haven't select a profs. during my application and it was't required to do so?.

rahuln

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
How can I know which profs is having my application and contact them. also I haven't select a profs. during my application and it was't required to do so?.
Mail the graduate program advisor from your department or someone who looks after applications. See profiles of various profs, and whoever is doing/has done projects matching your interests, mail them expressing your interest etc.

Mar 4, 2019
Applied for Ms computer science course based route for fall 2019. Still showing "application complete - ready for review" . Have anyone got the offer letter ?