+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Members Is Education Credential Assessment only for Highest degree?

rakakatoofaan

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi

I am in a process to apply for FSW 2014. I was trying to get my Masters Degree evaluated by Education Credential Assessment done. I am choosing WES. My background

a) Masters in Computer Science from a US University
b) Bachelors from a Govt Engineering College, in India.

My Question : Has anyone had a success with just submitting the Masters without any problems or does one also have to submit ECA for Bachelors as well?
Thanks

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
rakakatoofaan said:
Hi

I am in a process to apply for FSW 2014. I was trying to get my Masters Degree evaluated by Education Credential Assessment done. I am choosing WES. My background

My Question : Has anyone had a success with just submitting the Masters without any problems or does one also have to submit ECA for Bachelors as well?
Thanks
My suggestion is send both degrees for evaluation. Although evaluation of your highest degree is enough, in case WES does not find your master's degree equivalent to a canadian masters, your Bachelor's degree will be a backup.

rakakatoofaan

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
rakakatoofaan said:
Hi

Just received my evaluation from WEC. Actually it was pretty fast, like 10 days, after submitting my transcript. Thought to update you guys. I was having trouble getting my Bachelors Attested from India. People at University wanted to see my originals and then I would have had to send the originals to them and then only they will send the attested copy here. This would have taken forever. Hence, I just submitted my Master's.

Result: My US Master's degree is Canadian Master's equivalent! :) Thank You everyone.