+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Meeting with citizenship officer

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Yes, you can attend abroad. I did today, but the officer was not happy about it and requested a whole bunch of documents. They also lost my passport scans, which I emailed them 3 months ago and even got a written receipt confirmation. What a bunch of incompetent idiots.

But if your file is straightforward: you had one job the whole time and didn't travel much, I think you should be ok.
Are you just visiting or did you move?

mopjedopje101

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Yes, you can attend abroad. I did today, but the officer was not happy about it and requested a whole bunch of documents. They also lost my passport scans, which I emailed them 3 months ago and even got a written receipt confirmation. What a bunch of incompetent idiots.

But if your file is straightforward: you had one job the whole time and didn't travel much, I think you should be ok.
thanks for the info , I really appreciated I mean I have travel quite a while every year at least for 15 days . With the exemption from the pandemic years .And two jobs I will just flight back maybe the office is less angry hehehee.

haven’t gotten the email yet to know if is in person or virtual.

I hope your process is faster after this and they actually do the work!

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hi @lila777 I’m scheduled to attend interview on august 22nd but I’m not in the country.. how do I request for an online interview? ! Appreciate if you can guide me here!! Thank you !

Janice2022

Star Member
Aug 19, 2022
My husband and I are scheduled to attend an interview with a citizenship official and verification of identity/documents.

We are both scheduled at the same date and time on microsoft teams.

Question:

do we have to it seperately? Different laptop? Thank you!

SAU443

Star Member
Mar 22, 2024
Greetings All,

We have scheduled for an interview. Could you please share your interview experience and what to expect in an interview such as document and questions. so that we can prepare well in advance.

Reactions: luckyrefugee

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Greetings All,

We have scheduled for an interview. Could you please share your interview experience and what to expect in an interview such as document and questions. so that we can prepare well in advance.
is it in person which office

marogen1970

Apr 23, 2024
Hello everyone, I was trying to process renew Permanent resident card here in Ontario, in my portal sign in IRCC, and all of the sudden thinking maybe I could apply direct citizenship if not needed to go out the country.
Is any of you here was applying the citizenship and the permanent card was expired? Is it possible that one year expired of PR card and direct apply for citizenship, although the rest of the requirements I met and gathered already, and also I have one minor son with me and been here in Canada for almost 6 years now.
Anybody please give me an answer here.

Thank you.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
@luckyrefugee, I still didn't get an email about the interview details but I assumed it will be in-person and at Scarborough office.

By the way, in how many days did you receive an email about the interview after seeing the interview required update on tracker.
I got it before it showed on tracker. i just received email with pdf and then tracker was updated after 2 days. strange i know

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I got it before it showed on tracker. i just received email with pdf and then tracker was updated after 2 days. strange i know
Not that it matters, but for reference, the tracker is always updated 2 days after the latest change in your application... For example, the physical presence will turn green 2 days after the IRCC officer validated it. If you check the application history in the tracker, you'll notice the 2 days offset. So nothing weird here, it's just how their system works.

Reactions: luckyrefugee