+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Meet Residency Obligations or not?

rockingrat

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Hi all,

Hope you doing well! I have question regarding RO, how risky to get reported or warned not meeting RO at airport while entering Canada? Since I notice PR will be using machine to scan the card and documentation in recent years, will the machine detect my past 5 years travel history? or only can be detected by random boarder officer call-out?

I've already been away for the past 3 years, so I should be staying in Canada for next 2 years now. But for work purpose, I have to move to US for next 2 years. Then when I re-enter Canada on 2024, I plan to stay longer enough to meet 730 days before next renewal. Will it be an issue to re-enter? If I entered with reported, can I still stay to meet 730 days? What's the best solution?

It will be highly appreciated if someone could help me out!!

Thanks
L

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Hope you doing well! I have question regarding RO, how risky to get reported or warned not meeting RO at airport while entering Canada? Since I notice PR will be using machine to scan the card and documentation in recent years, will the machine detect my past 5 years travel history? or only can be detected by random boarder officer call-out?

I've already been away for the past 3 years, so I should be staying in Canada for next 2 years now. But for work purpose, I have to move to US for next 2 years. Then when I re-enter Canada on 2024, I plan to stay longer enough to meet 730 days before next renewal. Will it be an issue to re-enter? If I entered with reported, can I still stay to meet 730 days? What's the best solution?

It will be highly appreciated if someone could help me out!!

Thanks
L
Asked and answered in the other thread by @YVR123 ...where you posted the same question.

Reactions: rockingrat