Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 10, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
I have three points to this post. I have searched but I am just looking for a teeny bit of information.

** Medicals: It sounds like they request this? Can you send it with the application, or does that risk having to re-do it if it expires?

**FBI Clearance: I was reading that the wait time for this is about 8 weeks or so, depending on circumstances. I assume this has to be sent in with the application? And it only lasts 3 months? If we have everything ready but waiting on the fingerprints, I guess we need to wait for them to be finished, correct? Or could we send the application with a note about sending the clearance after it is recieved?

**We are applying OUTLAND. My husband lived with me from May-November of this year. He is currently back in the United States to finish his final semester in College. We are HOPING to get our application out by February-March 2012. Once he is done school he would like to come back here and stay here until the process is done. Is this a viable option? Should he put his mailing address on his application as mine? Or put it as his USA address and just inform them of a change when he comes here as a visitor?

Thanks! And sorry for all the questions - just trying to wrap everything around my brain.

Hobby

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!

Medicals are a requirement to be sent in with the application at time of application. There will be folk who say otherwise, but that is what they require of us.

Fingerprint records are another requirement. Again, folk will say differently but if you do them around the same time as you get married, if you live in Ontario it will come back to you about the same time as your wedding certificate, give or take a few weeks.

Your soon-to-be husband will want to put his residential address from the States, since you are applying outland. He is allowed to visit you while you both wait. You will probably want to cross the border to Canada with him, fee receipt in hand, with your photocopied application and if possible file number indicating that you will care for the gent while he's here. YOU get to do all the talking, asking if he will be allowed to visit for x months (or until PR application is finalized) but you will never demand anything.

Cheers!

sariss

Jan 18, 2011
Collingwood Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2012
AOR Received.
August 22, 2012
File Transfer...
August 22, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 10, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
Thank you!
We have the wedding certificate already, waiting on my name-change request. (We got married in August)
I believe he plans on keeping his residential address on the application, since until he can legally live here, that's his addy. We were just wondering if he could put his mailing address here - or does all correspondence get mailed to the sponsor? We just don't want his stuff being mailed to his mothers house in Arizona, when he may be living here with me in Ontario.

I'm unsure I can cross the border "with" him. He is in the states now, and flies back here in May for another 6 month stay. I have no plans (or financial ability, really) to fly there just to come back with him. Think it would work if he just crossed the border here himself, with the photocopied application/receipt? Would he have troubles in the border doing this, because the application hasn't been finished yet, and the people at the border may question his want to return to the USA? I hope that makes sense..

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
sariss said:
Thank you!
We have the wedding certificate already, waiting on my name-change request. (We got married in August)
I believe he plans on keeping his residential address on the application, since until he can legally live here, that's his addy. We were just wondering if he could put his mailing address here - or does all correspondence get mailed to the sponsor? We just don't want his stuff being mailed to his mothers house in Arizona, when he may be living here with me in Ontario.

I'm unsure I can cross the border "with" him. He is in the states now, and flies back here in May for another 6 month stay. I have no plans (or financial ability, really) to fly there just to come back with him. Think it would work if he just crossed the border here himself, with the photocopied application/receipt? Would he have troubles in the border doing this, because the application hasn't been finished yet, and the people at the border may question his want to return to the USA? I hope that makes sense..
You can have his mailing address as the Canadian one, and the Residential address can be at his mom's in Arizona. When you get to the border, make sure he does not have everything he owns, a receipt as proof of payment, by then you should have the file number. He will need to show ties back to the states, and that he can leave at the end of the approved time. Remember the 6 months is a max amount of time, but the Border officer can say its for less. If you can afford to buy a return ticket for 6 months later, that would show his intention on returning. You can get a refundable ticket and get the refund later.

If you live close to the border, you could always have him fly into an airport close by in the US, and you could drive and pick him up. We did that a lot before and after our application was filed, and never had an issue.

sariss

Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2012
AOR Received.
August 22, 2012
File Transfer...
August 22, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 10, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
Could he potentially at the border just say he is coming to visit me for a few months? That's what he said last time and they didn't give him a hard time, and stamped his passport to leave 6 months later... or is it best to tell them about immigrating?

Hobby

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sariss said:
Could he potentially at the border just say he is coming to visit me for a few months? That's what he said last time and they didn't give him a hard time, and stamped his passport to leave 6 months later... or is it best to tell them about immigrating?
It's far, far better just to say as little as possible until prompted. A couple of suitcases at the very outside, he's visiting friends, etc.
If prompted, he tells the truth, but does not elaborate.

So much better though if you go with him with your stuff, including the fee receipt and do all the answering. Again, not volunteering anything but telling the truth. Having the receipts, etc IN YOUR HAND available will be good. Sometimes you just get that one I/O with a bad day happening and you find yourself being grilled in secondary.
XD

I'd consider meeting him at the receiving airport from shuttlebus, but hey, if money is tight I totally understand. Not only that I think that he's on his own anyway to meet the border guards there.
Just make sure he has EVERYTHING, and does not offer anything other than what they immediately ask for. ^^

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Other people answered the question aptly about the address, use the Canadian one for mailing purposes if that's where you reside/plan on him residing. It seems quicker and simpler to just have everything sent to one place, and in Canada, especially considering where you intend on him waiting out the process.

For him visiting, if you have an application already in place, and he is going to visit for any term, I can presume you both can financially support his stay in Canada, so prepare yourself for a possible lengthy PR app process, and go the route of a visitor record. All you have to do is drive thru the border, tell the guard at the booth you have a PR app in process for your husband and need a visitor record, they'll have you go inside to question you, make sure to bring a printout of your app in process/acknowledgement of receipt, they'll spend some time putting in the paperwork, certainly will notice if you have an app in process, and I see no reason if you're forthcoming about the situation they wouldn't give you an easy 12 month renewable visitor record like I got from Fort Erie. The CBSA assured us repeatedly when we went this route, when calling in advance, that they're not into breaking up families, are not the boogeymen, and given my experience with them I've not seen any reason to believe otherwise.

Also, make sure to send in his medicals+FBI clearance with the application, and make sure they're done right before you intend to submit the application to prevent issues and give yourselves plenty of time for him to land once he's attained the visa.

sariss

Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2012
AOR Received.
August 22, 2012
File Transfer...
August 22, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 10, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
Thank you all. I unfortunately wont be able to cross the border WITH him, as he will be flying in from Phoenix and I will be driving 2.5hrs to pick him up in Toronto. I could potentially drive to the border and meet him if he were to fly in near that, but that is almost 5 hours away..