AOR Received.
04-05-2023
Med's Done....
04-05-2023
Passport Req..
25/01/2024
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2024
Hi, so I have currently applied for the OINP PNP via its portal and hopefully should be getting the 600 points soon. (HCP Catergory, Outland FSW)- After I get that I want to be efficient hence will apply for police certs and bank letters and collating required documents while I wait to add it to my EE account and await my ITA. However, the 'up-front' medical thing is really confusing me...
As soon as I accept it, would I get a letter or email via the account to book my medical (as it is with biometrics)? Just asking as it says proof of medical on the actual application, so one would assume its already been done! Sorry if this is all confusing

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi, so I have currently applied for the OINP PNP via its portal and hopefully should be getting the 600 points soon. (HCP Catergory, Outland FSW)- After I get that I want to be efficient hence will apply for police certs and bank letters and collating required documents while I wait to add it to my EE account and await my ITA. However, the 'up-front' medical thing is really confusing me...
As soon as I accept it, would I get a letter or email via the account to book my medical (as it is with biometrics)? Just asking as it says proof of medical on the actual application, so one would assume its already been done! Sorry if this is all confusing
It was a little nuanced for me when I got my ITA too. So, here's what happened with me:
1. Looked up IRCC's approved panel physicians and called them to book an appointment.
2. There was some confusion where some hospitals asked me for IME forms (you most likely won't get those, I never did). There were others who knew how to process PR medical exams. To be on the safe side when they ask you for IME forms, say that you are doing an upfront medical exam.
3. The hospital I went to had no procedure specific to PR applicants. But, they said if the Information sheet (the doc you receive at the end of medical exam visit) says "Worker" instead of PR, it should be fine.
4. IRCC never sent me any IME form.
5. While submitting my docs, I uploaded a scanned copy of the information sheet that was provided to me by the hospital at the end of my medical exam.

It is a little confusing as I asked friends of mine who got their medicals done just a few months ago and got confusing answers. Hope this helps. Depending on your country, things could be a little different. I did mine from India for context.

Reactions: wowangst

wowangst

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-05-2023
Med's Done....
04-05-2023
Passport Req..
25/01/2024
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2024
It was a little nuanced for me when I got my ITA too. So, here's what happened with me:
1. Looked up IRCC's approved panel physicians and called them to book an appointment.
2. There was some confusion where some hospitals asked me for IME forms (you most likely won't get those, I never did). There were others who knew how to process PR medical exams. To be on the safe side when they ask you for IME forms, say that you are doing an upfront medical exam.
3. The hospital I went to had no procedure specific to PR applicants. But, they said if the Information sheet (the doc you receive at the end of medical exam visit) says "Worker" instead of PR, it should be fine.
4. IRCC never sent me any IME form.
5. While submitting my docs, I uploaded a scanned copy of the information sheet that was provided to me by the hospital at the end of my medical exam.

It is a little confusing as I asked friends of mine who got their medicals done just a few months ago and got confusing answers. Hope this helps. Depending on your country, things could be a little different. I did mine from India for context.
Thank you so much for the detail - I agree, it is very confusing! :) I will follow as you have done :)