+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals

sealco

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
For EE, once you've gotten an ITA, can you go ahead and do your medical exam upfront and not have to wait on IRCC to send you a letter to do it? I know for my medical for my PGWP I had to wait on them to send me a letter before I could go and do it.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
For EE, once you've gotten an ITA, can you go ahead and do your medical exam upfront and not have to wait on IRCC to send you a letter to do it? I know for my medical for my PGWP I had to wait on them to send me a letter before I could go and do it.
Not sure about medicals for PGWP. I did not have to do medicals for my PGWP, maybe it has changed now. For Express Entry, you are always supposed to submit your medicals along with your application. This is called upfront medicals and you can get them done by IRCC designated panel physicians. However, IRCC has made exceptions for people who couldn't get medicals done to COVID-19. In fact, some of the clinics were closed after instructions from IRCC. As far as I know, clinics have slowly re-opened for medicals. If you are able to get them done, submit it along with your e-APR.

Reactions: sealco

sealco

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Not sure about medicals for PGWP. I did not have to do medicals for my PGWP, maybe it has changed now. For Express Entry, you are always supposed to submit your medicals along with your application. This is called upfront medicals and you can get them done by IRCC designated panel physicians. However, IRCC has made exceptions for people who couldn't get medicals done to COVID-19. In fact, some of the clinics were closed after instructions from IRCC. As far as I know, clinics have slowly re-opened for medicals. If you are able to get them done, submit it along with your e-APR.
Ok. Thank you for the info. With PGWP, you only need the medical if you work in health professions or in K-12 schools with children. I did one in January 2019, but I will need to do a new one as more than a year has passed.