+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'MEDICALS SENT'-------London CHC------Waiting for Next Stage (probably PPR)

gp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shibleebd said:
hi GP
many congrats for the PPR :D

could u share, did u/ ur wife receive the PPR by 2nd class post? it's really nice to c that a London applicant has got PPR in the same month of sending medical.

if u don't mind, did u have any foreign travel history or anything & yet got the PPR so quickly!
and also r u a citizen in UK?

plz share......

good luck......
Hi Shibleebd
Yes i have recd PPR today by 2nd class royal mail. They sent it on 25th, it reached today.
Regarding your second point, I am an Indian citizen in UK on a work permit. As regards traveling, i keep traveling for company purposes but the stay is usually for short duration.(max a week).. Also as to add to your discussion on working of LOndon CHC with Kellys i tend to agree more with you coz although ND CHC has just 3 countries to deal with, the no of applicats originating from India itself are far more than the total put together of all coutries of Europe and Middle East. So given in any sense NEw Delhi CHC is much more efficient.
But i used to think on your lines for sometime but then i told myself that its like thinking 'IF I were married to this Girl or if i were married to that girl.' Now that u r married to London CHC, no point thinking about someone else's wife( New Delhi). Just be positive as Kelly's is and you will get urs PPR soon...
I am going to india this weekend for 2 weeks. Will come back and submit passports in person.
Good Luck Everyone

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi GP

many thnx for the info.

and also sincere thanks for contributing to ''London CHC'' conversation.

-u r correct in saying there's no point of thinking about difference between London & ND.

-we can't do anything as we r stuck with London CHC but that does not mean we can not be honest about London CHC. if London CHC is inefficient+slow, then they r inefficient+slow on the other hand if ND is fast+efiicient, then ND is fast+efficient---if that's the fact then at least let's be honest about it.

good luck & i wish u a very nice holiday & wish u get a bright future & shiny life in Canada......

gp said:
Hi Shibleebd
Yes i have recd PPR today by 2nd class royal mail. They sent it on 25th, it reached today.
Regarding your second point, I am an Indian citizen in UK on a work permit. As regards traveling, i keep traveling for company purposes but the stay is usually for short duration.(max a week).. Also as to add to your discussion on working of LOndon CHC with Kellys i tend to agree more with you coz although ND CHC has just 3 countries to deal with, the no of applicats originating from India itself are far more than the total put together of all coutries of Europe and Middle East. So given in any sense NEw Delhi CHC is much more efficient.
But i used to think on your lines for sometime but then i told myself that its like thinking 'IF I were married to this Girl or if i were married to that girl.' Now that u r married to London CHC, no point thinking about someone else's wife( New Delhi). Just be positive as Kelly's is and you will get urs PPR soon...
I am going to india this weekend for 2 weeks. Will come back and submit passports in person.
Good Luck Everyone

Kellys

Star Member
Mar 26, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Visa Office......
London :)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Dec 2009
AOR Received.
28 Jan 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
In Process - 7th April 2010
Med's Request
Docs arrived in Canada April 28th
Med's Done....
07/May/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06/July/10
VISA ISSUED...
20/July/10
LANDED..........
27/August/10
shibleebd said:
hi KELLYS

may be i am one of those pessimistic ones ;) (just kidding)

yes, ND covers fewer countries than London CHC. but it doen't justify that london CHC's sluggish processing. if they r busy & if they know that they gonna b busy (which i think they know), then they should have enough resources to keep them running up to the speed (at least from the money they r making by means of application fees from us)

i accept ur points but my argument is :

-why by the use of their long experience in taking immigrants, they do not establish a system where it will take less time to perform security / background check?

-why in the era of e-mail+WIFI+telecommunication+IT revolution, we have to wait for ages for these security checks?

-we know it's not in the hands of London CHC, we know London CHC has so wait for Intelligence from other coutries but why don't they invest in technologies & human resource (from the money they earn from our fees) so that we don't have to put our life on hold for the foreseeable future ?

-why an AEO applicant's (reagrdless of how many countries he/ she lived in & regardless of which part of the world he/she is from) security/ background check takes less time than a general FSW applicant's security/ background check? if they can finish the security/ backgriound check quickly for AEO applicants, then they should b able to do the same for all applicants (if they really really want), isn't it?

we know, u didn't mean to infer us or hurt us & to assure u, we r not hurt by you. we know, it's just a conversation & discussion. we know, we r all friends here. so, do not worry & please feel free to express

To be honest I haven't got a clue why modern technology isn't use. Maybe they aren't trained in it :p
Hopefully in the next few weeks we will all hear something.

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi KELLYS

i wish u & everyone get the PPR + visa within the shortest possible time :)

a very best of luck............... :)

Kellys said:
To be honest I haven't got a clue why modern technology isn't use. Maybe they aren't trained in it :p
Hopefully in the next few weeks we will all hear something.

gp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,
Today i received the PPR from London CHC. ON the passport specifications it says that the surname of the passport holder must be printed on the surname line in the biodata page of the passport.
My querry is : On my wife's passport she has her maiden name as her surname. However we got her updated name(i.e. surname) added to the Same passport as an addition from the Indian High Commision in London. It was stamped on the one of the pages that her name has changed to ----- after marriage.
Would this passport be okay in view of the above guidelines or do i need to get her new passport made.. Anybody had similar experience? please share.

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
shibleebd said:
hi KELLYS

i wish u & everyone get the PPR + visa within the shortest possible time :)

a very best of luck............... :)
HI shibleebd

It's not long time since ur medical is finished, just now i have seen it that u have sent ur medical in last month. I think u wil recieve it soon. u will not suffer like us. Bcoz there r two reasons
From Bangladesh number of applicants r not in large
So it can be easy to check ur background in a short time
It is my personal opnion but may b wrong
I m sure u wil get through very soon
Thx

saurinshah

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 21 2009
AOR Received.
MAY 21 2009
File Transfer...
JUNE 29 2009
Med's Request
APRIL 20 2010
Med's Done....
APRIL 26 2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
MAY 26 2010 passport recieved by chc may 28th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
JUNE 22 2010 recieved passport july 06 2010
LANDED..........
AUGUST 28 2010 CALGARY ALBERTA
msaleem216 said:
Congrats Shouri!
Good wishes to you
saleem
THANK YOU SALEEM SAAB HOPE AND PRAY FOR YOUR QUICK PPR.
REGARDS SAURIN

saurinshah

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 21 2009
AOR Received.
MAY 21 2009
File Transfer...
JUNE 29 2009
Med's Request
APRIL 20 2010
Med's Done....
APRIL 26 2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ather8888 said:
saurinshah said:
HI ALL,
TODAY I HAVE RECIEVED MY PPR EXACTLY AFTER 1 MONTH . I TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR SHARING AND GIVING STRENGTH. I PRAY FOR ALL OF YOU AND I AM SURE YOUR PPRs ARE ON THEIR WAY.
THANK YOU ONE AND ALL AND PRAY FOR ME I RECIEVE MY STAMPED VISA SOON .
ANY HELP I CAN PROVIDE I WILL BE GLAD TO .

THANK YOU SHIBLEEBD , QORAX , ROCKY, PMM, VISAEXPERT, SLAVAZ. THANKS ALL

REGARDS. SAURIN SHAH.
[/quot

Congrats
THANK YOU

saurinshah

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 21 2009
AOR Received.
MAY 21 2009
File Transfer...
JUNE 29 2009
Med's Request
APRIL 20 2010
Med's Done....
APRIL 26 2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
gp said:
Hey Congrats Saurin...
Good Luck for your future in Canada. :)
HEY GP
CONGRATS TO YOU TOO. PLEASE INFORM WHEN YOU GET YOUR VISAS STAMPED .

saurinshah

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 21 2009
AOR Received.
MAY 21 2009
File Transfer...
JUNE 29 2009
Med's Request
APRIL 20 2010
Med's Done....
APRIL 26 2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
cheot09 said:
congats! wish u good luck and good life once landed in Canada!
THANKS CHEOT AND WISH YOU THE SAME . HOPING TO GET MY STAMPED VISA SOON . ALL THE BEST .
REGARDS SAURIN SHAH

Alexander13

Nov 9, 2009
Hey guys! Can you please tell me which doctor is the best to go to for medical examination in London. Thanks a lot for your comments.

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi ALEXANDER13

i refer to one of my posts that i sent to one of my friends in this forum:

for medical, there are 4 DMPs in London---two in central london [Knights bridge (phone: 0207 589 8965) & Oxford Street (phone: 0207 307 8756)] , one in Thronton Heath (it's near a national rail station called 'west croydon') & one in Upminister (phone: 01708 220 478).

i called every single one of them. 3 of them are charging £300 per adult (i don't know if u have any kid) + courier charge. only Thornton Heath is charging £200 per adult + postal charge.

i went to Thornton Heath DMP (phone: 0208 684 4079). although it was a bit far from central London but it saved me £200 (as it were 2 adults---me & my wife). on top of that, i asked them if they can send it by Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery if i pay extra £20 & they agreed. they r very friendly & they r open on every other saturdays. there is a receptonist called 'Lesley'. she is very nice & co-operative. i disturbed her so many times to check if my medicals were ok, she was never annoyed & helped me a lot.

one thing, u have to do the chest x-ray separately with a radiologist. but all radiologist r in waliking distance from the medical centre where u will have all other tests done.

remember to drink lots of water b4 medical & lots of rest, it really helps. but the whole medical is a piece of cake & very easy. no complex issues. they do say they can check ur medical history but i am not sure if they do not in reality.

i wish u get PPR asap & best of luck with medical..................

Alexander13 said:
Hey guys! Can you please tell me which doctor is the best to go to for medical examination in London. Thanks a lot for your comments.

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi GP

i have a very little experience on this issue. but what i understood from ur quote is this:

''ur wife had a surname b4 marriage. but her surname got changed after marriage as she added may be ur surname as her surname in her same old passport. now the question is should this passport be ok for visa?''---did i understand correctly?

if yes---then please tell us first, did u say anything about this name change thingy when u sent ur full docs to London CHC? if the answer is no---then i think u can just write a cover letter to London CHC stating this fact & also addd if u had any paperwork from/to Indian when the name was changed + send ur & ur wife's passport for visa stamping & that should not be any problem. if the answer is yes---then just send the passports for u & ur wife & u will receive the maple leaf. please note again, i have a very little knowledge of this issue & if u still feel confused---please ask seniors to comment on this issue.

if no (i.e. if i didn't understand ur quote), plz clarify again, if u don't mind

good luck.....

gp said:
Hi Everyone,
Today i received the PPR from London CHC. ON the passport specifications it says that the surname of the passport holder must be printed on the surname line in the biodata page of the passport.
My querry is : On my wife's passport she has her maiden name as her surname. However we got her updated name(i.e. surname) added to the Same passport as an addition from the Indian High Commision in London. It was stamped on the one of the pages that her name has changed to ----- after marriage.
Would this passport be okay in view of the above guidelines or do i need to get her new passport made.. Anybody had similar experience? please share.

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi ATHER888

i hope u r correct.....

good luck...............

ather8888 said:
HI shibleebd

It's not long time since ur medical is finished, just now i have seen it that u have sent ur medical in last month. I think u wil recieve it soon. u will not suffer like us. Bcoz there r two reasons
From Bangladesh number of applicants r not in large
So it can be easy to check ur background in a short time
It is my personal opnion but may b wrong
I m sure u wil get through very soon
Thx

Alexander13

Nov 9, 2009
shibleebd said:
hi ALEXANDER13

i refer to one of my posts that i sent to one of my friends in this forum:
Thanks a lot for your information and tips. I wish the immigration process would be over for you soon too. Thanks a lot.