+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'Medicals' questions...

MarkGuy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
We are in a situation (future outland processing) where my fiancee's dependent child can take her Meds now.

If she did, my fiancee would have Copy 2 of Medical Report Section A, which is required with the submission of your spons/pr application and be able to take it to Canada.

In normal circumstances, it seems like Meds are done just before you submit your application.
This would mean that they arrive at the Can. Embassy from one to two months before your application arrives. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

If we did them now for her daughter, the Meds would arrive 3-4 months before our application is likely to be sent to Mississauga.

Is this a problem at all? Will the file be viewed differently by the IO?

A REQUIREMENT stated in Appendix A of IMM3902 is to submit 'Proof of Medical Examination'; Copy 2 of the Med. Rpt. section A with your sponsorship application.

I would like to know the basis of this requirement.

It seems it is simply a method that Imm. Can. uses to *quickly* check if the meds have been completed.
For surely they could easily contact the Can. Embassy where the meds are waiting in a file? An e-mail or phone call could confirm this.

And why do they not accept *copies* of this Med. Prt. Sect A receipt?

In our situation. If we wait to have the meds done, 2-3 months down the road, we'd be looking at couriering this document to Canada to send with our application (a pretty penny and much time and effort to do so).

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkGuy said:
We are in a situation (future outland processing) where my fiancee's dependent child can take her Meds now.

If she did, my fiancee would have Copy 2 of Medical Report Section A, which is required with the submission of your spons/pr application and be able to take it to Canada.

In normal circumstances, it seems like Meds are done just before you submit your application.
This would mean that they arrive at the Can. Embassy from one to two months before your application arrives. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

If we did them now for her daughter, the Meds would arrive 3-4 months before our application is likely to be sent to Mississauga.

Is this a problem at all? Will the file be viewed differently by the IO?
No, it will not create any problems whatsoever.

MarkGuy said:
A REQUIREMENT stated in Appendix A of IMM3902 is to submit 'Proof of Medical Examination'; Copy 2 of the Med. Rpt. section A with your sponsorship application.

I would like to know the basis of this requirement.

It seems it is simply a method that Imm. Can. uses to *quickly* check if the meds have been completed.
For surely they could easily contact the Can. Embassy where the meds are waiting in a file? An e-mail or phone call could confirm this.

And why do they not accept *copies* of this Med. Prt. Sect A receipt?

In our situation. If we wait to have the meds done, 2-3 months down the road, we'd be looking at couriering this document to Canada to send with our application (a pretty penny and much time and effort to do so).
Medical results are sent to Regional Medical Offices and then forwarded to the processing visa office upon request. They don't sit in a file at the visa office. The required receipt contains a file number that the visa post needs in order to request the medical results from the RMO. The original of the receipt is required for authenticity.

MarkGuy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
rjessome said:
No, it will not create any problems whatsoever.
Excellent. Thanks!

Medical results are sent to Regional Medical Offices and then forwarded to the processing visa office upon request. They don't sit in a file at the visa office. The required receipt contains a file number that the visa post needs in order to request the medical results from the RMO. The original of the receipt is required for authenticity.
Thank you very much for this info RJ It is very helpful!

A couple questions on this. You said "...and then forwarded to the processing visa office upon request."

If the case goes forward to the perm. res. portion, will the processing visa office always request the med results?

I assume if the case does not go forward for any reason, the meds would just sit at the RMO?

One more Meds-related question.
Is it correct that if the perm. res. visa is issued, it will be valid until one year after the Meds were done? I believe I read this somewhere.

If it's true I'm confused, because it commonly takes 9 months or more for perm. res. visas to go through. Add on the 2 or more months that they were sitting at the RMO office and the perm. res. visa would have expired before it was even issued!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
MarkGuy said:
One more Meds-related question.
Is it correct that if the perm. res. visa is issued, it will be valid until one year after the Meds were done? I believe I read this somewhere.

If it's true I'm confused, because it commonly takes 9 months or more for perm. res. visas to go through. Add on the 2 or more months that they were sitting at the RMO office and the perm. res. visa would have expired before it was even issued!
Yes, the PR visa expires when the medicals expire, which is one year after they are done. Some visa offices are very fast, and applications are usually finalized before the year is up. If not, the applicant and the dependent children have to get new medicals done; the PR visa will then expire a year after these medicals.

MarkGuy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
canadianwoman said:
Yes, the PR visa expires when the medicals expire, which is one year after they are done. ... If not, the applicant and the dependent children have to get new medicals done; the PR visa will then expire a year after these medicals.
Thanks very much for this CW!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkGuy said:
If the case goes forward to the perm. res. portion, will the processing visa office always request the med results?
Yes.

MarkGuy said:
I assume if the case does not go forward for any reason, the meds would just sit at the RMO?
Yes. The results are stored electronically.

MarkGuy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
rjessome said:
Yes.

Yes. The results are stored electronically.
Thanks RJ.

I have one more question about the meds.
My fiancee contacted the DMP's office and they were asking about the sponsor's name and address.

I understand the applicant is not required to give these.
What would you tell the doctor at the appointment, should they ask for them again?

Thanks!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkGuy said:
Thanks RJ.

I have one more question about the meds.
My fiancee contacted the DMP's office and they were asking about the sponsor's name and address.

I understand the applicant is not required to give these.
What would you tell the doctor at the appointment, should they ask for them again?

Thanks!
No idea why they are asking! But it's not necessary for her medical.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
When my husband got his medical done, the DMP also wanted to know my name and address, which the doctor then printed on the forms.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianwoman said:
When my husband got his medical done, the DMP also wanted to know my name and address, which the doctor then printed on the forms.
Weird! I've never heard of this before. Even when my husband re-did his medical the doctor didn't ask for my name and/or address. Seems to just be the administrative practice of some DMPs. It's not a "requirement" as far as CIC is concerned.

MarkGuy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
rjessome said:
Weird! I've never heard of this before. Even when my husband re-did his medical the doctor didn't ask for my name and/or address. Seems to just be the administrative practice of some DMPs. It's not a "requirement" as far as CIC is concerned.
Yes, I called CIC and they confirmed that it is not a requirement.
I'm still curious to know if others here have experienced this request?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkGuy said:
Yes, I called CIC and they confirmed that it is not a requirement.
I'm still curious to know if others here have experienced this request?
No request,... my information was on the form, that is all they needed at the DMP in Ottawa.

laryn1231

Mar 23, 2011
Hi... can I throw my medicals question on here? In December, I did my medical and gave the doctor the form for the In-Canada sponsorship class. I'm now thinking I will do Outside of Canada spousal sponsorship. Do I need to get a new medical, or can I just somehow request that my medical results be sent out of country?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laryn1231 said:
Hi... can I throw my medicals question on here? In December, I did my medical and gave the doctor the form for the In-Canada sponsorship class. I'm now thinking I will do Outside of Canada spousal sponsorship. Do I need to get a new medical, or can I just somehow request that my medical results be sent out of country?
You can use this medical. It's the same procedure for inland and outland. You must include the original receipt and you can advise the Visa Office that you had originally intended to do inland processing but decided upon outland. As long as they have the original receipt, the VO can request the medical results from any RMO in the world.

laryn1231

Mar 23, 2011
rjessome said:
You can use this medical. It's the same procedure for inland and outland. You must include the original receipt and you can advise the Visa Office that you had originally intended to do inland processing but decided upon outland. As long as they have the original receipt, the VO can request the medical results from any RMO in the world.
What if I don't have the original receipt? Is there any other way without having to re-do the medical?