+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals near Boston US

EhhCanada

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Anyone has done pre Medicals near Boston Area, if so any tips?

and what will be the fee for the Medicals from US

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
$400. And it's not worth traveling too far. I'm going to the one in Brookline but there's another one in Needham. Needham one only accepts cash while the Brookline one does both. Although Brookline one will keep a $50 deposit in case you end up cancelling the appointment

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
grapehair said:
$400. And it's not worth traveling too far. I'm going to the one in Brookline but there's another one in Needham. Needham one only accepts cash while the Brookline one does both. Although Brookline one will keep a $50 deposit in case you end up cancelling the appointment
Do they charge $400 in both places? What is cost for kids?

I have booked for the one in Brookline. I am planning to use my HSA card.

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, insurance won't cover it & ultimately reject these claims.

Also, I was told if i will use insurance, my results would be delayed to CIC until Aetna approves.

I paid 175$ per kid = 350$ and 475$ each for my wife and me.
Total 1,300 for 4

I would say your price sounds reasonable and if you can use HSA card, here comes tax benefit.

Go for it.

EhhCanada

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
ohh boy! these are expensive compared to what they charge in Canada. I heard that medicals are done for $50 CAD in Canada.

I know we cannot go to Canada for these, just sharing my two cents.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Guys, one question related to medicals. We did our medicals the Brookline clinic today and I noticed that doctor misspelt my email ID in emedical system and I asked him to correct.. So he connected me with his receptionist, and we fixed the email ID in the system. But I just realized that we fixed in the clinic system, but not sure if the doctor fixed in emedical system. I'll call them on Monday, but I just want to know what happens if some additional tests are required and cic sends me an email and I happen to miss it due to this goof up. Will clinic too get a notification and they'd call me as well or how could I know if something is pending on my medical case?

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
DEEPCUR said:
Guys, one question related to medicals. We did our medicals the Brookline clinic today and I noticed that doctor misspelt my email ID in emedical system and I asked him to correct.. So he connected me with his receptionist, and we fixed the email ID in the system. But I just realized that we fixed in the clinic system, but not sure if the doctor fixed in emedical system. I'll call them on Monday, but I just want to know what happens if some additional tests are required and cic sends me an email and I happen to miss it due to this goof up. Will clinic too get a notification and they'd call me as well or how could I know if something is pending on my medical case?
I'm going to the Brookline clinic this Monday. How long did it take? Oh regular healthcare insurance won't cover a dime. They'll bill that to you once it goes through their claim system. That's why I decided to just pay upfront with the CC.

I did try to see if I can get my blood and urinalysis from my PCP but results may not be accepted by the CIC since its not their approved lab.

I don't think you gotta worry that much. Yes do call them to rectify that mistake but I'm sure it's not a very big deal.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I paid £300 in London

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
bosotn is costly as ####, Massachusetts sucks. Doctors and medical practitioners in US are thieves, the lawyers and banks are also thieves

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
grapehair said:
I'm going to the Brookline clinic this Monday. How long did it take? Oh regular healthcare insurance won't cover a dime. They'll bill that to you once it goes through their claim system. That's why I decided to just pay upfront with the CC.

I did try to see if I can get my blood and urinalysis from my PCP but results may not be accepted by the CIC since its not their approved lab.

I don't think you gotta worry that much. Yes do call them to rectify that mistake but I'm sure it's not a very big deal.
The doctor is the one who's running around with everything with emedical application. So it takes quite longer. First nurse checks vision, have you provide urine sample, collects blood and measures BP. That part was real quick. Then doctor takes you for xray, and after that we'll have to wait for a long time for him to do the physicals. I guess he comes after feeding everything related to xray into the system and comes for physicals. Physical takes around 15 mins. Give yourself an hour for the whole thing.

He kept making mistakes while entering my name for several times. Once he included one part of last name into middle name, second time he misspelt last name.. And then he entered my daughter's country of birth wrongly. So it took a while to have him fixed all. Every time he runs, fixes and comes back.! Was funny to see a doctor doing admin job so laboriously! He was nice and friendly person though.

But $400 was a lot of money. It costed $900 for whole family! My wife was frowned to see the bill amount as our Canada plan is still just a back up for us if US doesn't work out..!

EhhCanada

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Do we need Medicals for dependents.
I am planning for a pre ITA medicals and would like to know if dependents need to have medicals done as well.
If so can we both do it together or they need to go through any different process.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
EhhCanada said:
Do we need Medicals for dependents.
I am planning for a pre ITA medicals and would like to know if dependents need to have medicals done as well.
If so can we both do it together or they need to go through any different process.
Medicals are valid only for one year. So it is better to do medicals few days before you submit the documents so that you don't have to medicals again if there are processing delays. Also it is required for landing after COPR, so having ample time will let you plan things better. The Brookline center doesn't have much wait time for appointments (just few days), so do medicals only after you are ready with all your documents. And yes medicals are must for dependents.

EhhCanada

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
DEEPCUR said:
Medicals are valid only for one year. So it is better to do medicals few days before you submit the documents so that you don't have to medicals again if there are processing delays. Also it is required for landing after COPR, so having ample time will let you plan things better. The Brookline center doesn't have much wait time for appointments (just few days), so do medicals only after you are ready with all your documents. And yes medicals are must for dependents.
Thank you DEEPCUR I will plan accordingly based on this input

Nov 20, 2018
I’m a little late to the party, but I did my medical exam last Thursday (11/15/18) and the doctor didn’t take any information, just the regular questions, he didn’t even take my request for medical exam form. I called Brookline Medical today and the receptionist (really rude btw) told me that any information is going to be given ONLY after 15 days of the exam. Is this normal? Thank y’all.