+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals Expired

Aomine Daiki

Oct 19, 2020
Hello guys, my medicals expired this week and I am from India and I have no IME number to do medicals. Upfront medicals are not being done currently. I have started online in winter 2021. I have raised the web form but I do not know what else to do. Was anyone in a similar situation like me or know what to do now other than wait. I am fully vaccinated and ready to travel when the flight ban from India is lifted. I even have a flight ticket but I do not want this medical issue to hold me back.

the_bong_chi

Dec 31, 2020
For new IME no. IRCC sends a request for medical for the applicants whose visa is yet to approve. Issuing IME for approved visa's is still gray area, and we already know about the lightning fast replies IRCC gives.
Due to expired medical you will not be allowed to even board the flight. Active cases in our country is still over 30 millions. I am in the same situation, we can do nothing but wait.

Aomine Daiki

Oct 19, 2020
I have booked my medicals now, but can I travel after doing the new medicals or should I wait for it to update again on my ircc account. I have a flight on the 3rd week of July.

the_bong_chi

Dec 31, 2020
Okay, that clears it. Does anyone know how much time it took for that reply from ircc after doing medicals again. If it is too late I will be starting my academic break in September and I do not think I can travel during the scheduled academic break
IRCC has mentioned it may take upto 1 month from the day they received the IM from panel physicians. Here are quick things that may determine your validity of new IM
  • your counterfoil document went Invalid?
    • If yes wait for it to turn valid.
  • you received an email from IRCC saying ....your medical has expired, until you renew it you cannot travel... ?
    • If yes then probably 1. one is also true for you
    • wait for it to turn valid
  • your counterfoil never went invalid, and you did the IM again?
    • if yes call your panel physicians and ask when did they shared your results to IRCC
    • then call IRCC agent contact (can be found with a quick googling) and ask about your status

shangrila

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Okay, that clears it. Does anyone know how much time it took for that reply from ircc after doing medicals again. If it is too late I will be starting my academic break in September and I do not think I can travel during the scheduled academic break
I am in exact same situation... u did upfront medical and submitted through webform right?

the_bong_chi

Dec 31, 2020
@Aomine Daiki @shangrila
got update from someone I know in India.
His medical was expiring on 26 June, he repeated his IM on 8 May. On 6th July his status went invalid, he called IRCC agents for why this happened. They said IRCC received his new medical on 17 May but it has not been updated yet. He decided to travel via Serbia route with GCKey showing status invalid.
He reached out to his panel physicians and asked for a copy of his medical.

He reached Canada on 16th July. No one objected him apart from the CBSA's. He explained his case to CBSA's and they said if he had the copy of new IM he'll be issued a full length SP, otherwise for 6 months only. He provided his copy and now posting pictures in IG from Canada.

my conclusion, he might be super lucky or we are busting our balls for no reasons at all.

Reactions: jaaayy

k.a.

Apr 10, 2021
IRCC has mentioned it may take upto 1 month from the day they received the IM from panel physicians. Here are quick things that may determine your validity of new IM
  • your counterfoil document went Invalid?
    • If yes wait for it to turn valid.
  • you received an email from IRCC saying ....your medical has expired, until you renew it you cannot travel... ?
    • If yes then probably 1. one is also true for you
    • wait for it to turn valid
  • your counterfoil never went invalid, and you did the IM again?
    • if yes call your panel physicians and ask when did they shared your results to IRCC
    • then call IRCC agent contact (can be found with a quick googling) and ask about your status
Hi, can you advise on my case.

I applied from bahrain, vo: Abu Dhabi. So, my remedical process might be a little different from my Indian frnds.

My medicals expired in Feb this yr. I got visa approval and counterfoil in April. Then on may 11th I got remedical request from Abu Dhabi vo (thru email). My counterfoil document never went invalid. Now, it's been 2 months and there's no update regarding medicals on gckey.

I also noticed that my remedical request letter was different from the ones that were issued by indian Vos. This is what they wrote in my letter.

"If your medical results will expire before you travel to Canada for the first time with your study permit or work permit, you need to get a new immigration medical examination. You will not be able to enter Canada unless you have valid immigration medical examination results. To book a medical examination, contact a panel physician directly. Only a panel physician can complete your medical examination and send us your results. The panel physician will submit your medical examination directly to us. For your records, please request and keep a copy of any document given to you by the panel physician as proof of your immigration medical examination."

In the letters from Indian Vos, they have specifically mentioned "not to travel unless medical is approved"

The hospital said all results were normal and they uploaded it on 17th may. I have the new e-medical form also.

I have a flight in August. What should I do? Is it ok to travel?

the_bong_chi

Dec 31, 2020
Hi, can you advise on my case.

I applied from bahrain, vo: Abu Dhabi. So, my remedical process might be a little different from my Indian frnds.

My medicals expired in Feb this yr. I got visa approval and counterfoil in April. Then on may 11th I got remedical request from Abu Dhabi vo (thru email). My counterfoil document never went invalid. Now, it's been 2 months and there's no update regarding medicals on gckey.

I also noticed that my remedical request letter was different from the ones that were issued by indian Vos. This is what they wrote in my letter.

"If your medical results will expire before you travel to Canada for the first time with your study permit or work permit, you need to get a new immigration medical examination. You will not be able to enter Canada unless you have valid immigration medical examination results. To book a medical examination, contact a panel physician directly. Only a panel physician can complete your medical examination and send us your results. The panel physician will submit your medical examination directly to us. For your records, please request and keep a copy of any document given to you by the panel physician as proof of your immigration medical examination."

In the letters from Indian Vos, they have specifically mentioned "not to travel unless medical is approved"

The hospital said all results were normal and they uploaded it on 17th may. I have the new e-medical form also.

I have a flight in August. What should I do? Is it ok to travel?
Do not worry about the mails. They are auto generated by the system. You mentioned your VO was Abu Dhabi, try calling their agents or raise a webform. Ask whether they have received your IM (usually they do the same day when PP uploads the report). Also ask whether your new report is linked with your account.

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
@Aomine Daiki @shangrila
got update from someone I know in India.
His medical was expiring on 26 June, he repeated his IM on 8 May. On 6th July his status went invalid, he called IRCC agents for why this happened. They said IRCC received his new medical on 17 May but it has not been updated yet. He decided to travel via Serbia route with GCKey showing status invalid.
He reached out to his panel physicians and asked for a copy of his medical.

He reached Canada on 16th July. No one objected him apart from the CBSA's. He explained his case to CBSA's and they said if he had the copy of new IM he'll be issued a full length SP, otherwise for 6 months only. He provided his copy and now posting pictures in IG from Canada.

my conclusion, he might be super lucky or we are busting our balls for no reasons at all.
Hey Great thank you for sharing this information with us it was quite helpful as i am also in the same situation and waiting for my status to turn into valid but as I connected with Canada in India on Twitter they said that you cannot travel to Canada if your status shows invalid so what should I proceed with should I travel to Canada ( i have the hardcopy of my medical with me which shows the completed status of my medical and also it mentions that the medical is forwarded to IRCC on 13th JULY) .

Please guide me from your and your friend's experience for this it will be really helpful for me.

the_bong_chi

Dec 31, 2020
Hey Great thank you for sharing this information with us it was quite helpful as i am also in the same situation and waiting for my status to turn into valid but as I connected with Canada in India on Twitter they said that you cannot travel to Canada if your status shows invalid so what should I proceed with should I travel to Canada ( i have the hardcopy of my medical with me which shows the completed status of my medical and also it mentions that the medical is forwarded to IRCC on 13th JULY) .

Please guide me from your and your friend's experience for this it will be really helpful for me.
Inactive status suggests that your visa is on administrative hold. GCKey status is not real-time, probably in the background your status has changed but it is yet to update in GCKey.
What usually happens is once your medical expires the system looks for another IME linked to your passport. Status can go invalid in 2 cases,
  1. you redid your IME too close to your expiry date and the system could not find a new IME after the expiry. In this case, I would recommend to wait until your status turns Valid.
  2. your test results have some complications. In this case you can confirm with your PP's. Ask them when did they uploaded your report. IRCC mentions they would update your medical within 1 month. 1 month is calculated from the time when PP's upload your new IME.
As a measure,
Firstly, try calling the IRCC agents and confirm with them. Record the conversation if you can.
Secondly, send a webform asking about the status of your TRV.
Finally, @jaaayy don't curb your decisions due to some random internet strangers advice. I must admit that my friend took a risk by traveling with an invalid status in GCKey, things could've gone wrong but it didn't for him.

Reactions: jaaayy

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Inactive status suggests that your visa is on administrative hold. GCKey status is not real-time, probably in the background your status has changed but it is yet to update in GCKey.
What usually happens is once your medical expires the system looks for another IME linked to your passport. Status can go invalid in 2 cases,
  1. you redid your IME too close to your expiry date and the system could not find a new IME after the expiry. In this case, I would recommend to wait until your status turns Valid.
  2. your test results have some complications. In this case you can confirm with your PP's. Ask them when did they uploaded your report. IRCC mentions they would update your medical within 1 month. 1 month is calculated from the time when PP's upload your new IME.
As a measure,
Firstly, try calling the IRCC agents and confirm with them. Record the conversation if you can.
Secondly, send a web form asking about the status of your TRV.
Finally, @jaaayy don't curb your decisions due to some random internet strangers advice. I must admit that my friend took a risk by traveling with an invalid status in GCKey, things could've gone wrong but it didn't for him.
Yes, I 100% agree with you.

I redid my medial after my medicals got expired + I did my complete visa process myself no agents involved in anything not also in raising webform.

Brief Timeline:
Medical Expired: 3rd JULY
New Medical on 5th JULY
1st Webform raised: 9th JULY
Reply I got on my web form: 23rd JULY
(Reply:
"We are pleased to confirm the reception of the document(s).
We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
")

2nd Webform Raise : 4th AUG
3rd Webform Raised : 12th AUG

Currently :
In document status:
Document - "Counterfoil"

Waiting for this to turn to vaild
Yes, I Will definitely try to contact IRCC over the phone and ask for an update.