+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals Done, but sent to High Commission instead of Ottawa

KamSut

May 27, 2011
Hi Everyone,
My Medical tests are done for my PR application, but despite my request to send the reports to Ottawa, the DMP sent them to the local Canadian High Commission (CHC). And when I called and enquired about it he said they've now started sending it to CHC instead of sending it to Ottawa directly as they have got complaints earlier of reports not reaching Ottawa. He also confirmed with me that the CHC will then send it to Ottawa.

Is this done in a right way? Shouldn't the reports reach Ottawa centre directly?

Please advise.

Thanks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It would be helpful if you identified the CHC's country :)

Different countries / CHCs may follow different processes...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

KamSut said:
It is New Delhi, India, Canadian High Commission.

Any Ideas jes on that one?
Unlikely. The DMP would send the medicals to The Regional Medical Centre

New Delhi
Overseas Health Management Services
High Commission of Canada / Haut-commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110021, India
Fax: +91 11 41782020

which has the same address as the high commission. The DMP sends the medical results to the Regional Medical Centre responsible for the DMP's country of residence. They no longer send them to other RMCs.

KamSut

May 27, 2011
Which is what the DMP did. He sent all the reports to the local RMC in New Delhi.
And from your response it sounds like this is normal DMP sending reports to the RMC.

But there was a letter which came along with Section A from Buffalo stating that I should ensure that the DMP sends the reports and forms directly to Ottawa Centre which didn't happen.

So, should I wait for some time to see if the Buffalo internally gets an update on my medicals?
Or do you have any official references about DMPs sending to local RMCs?

Please advise.

Thanks PMM for your last response.

Duke

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Dear Kamsut,

I should say you should not worry about ur medical result. As per the DMP hand book, generally DMP sends medical results to regional medical offices. From there , they manage to get your results in system. Give 4 to 5 weeks your self. Your results should be received and updated in system.

REgards,
Duke,

KamSut

May 27, 2011
Ok. Will wait for some time.

Thanks Duke and all the Guys for your suggestions. Appreciate all the help.

binstm

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Cochin
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo VO
NOC Code......
3152/4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
14-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-04-2010; The application was reviewed and they started processing on November 10, 2010
Med's Request
Letter dated 27 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
Letter Received on 21 March 2012; Medicals done on 24 March 2012; Sent to Ottawa from India on 27 and received on 29th March 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I had the same issue.... I sent an inquiry about my application and they said that the medical forms have been sent for me and my wife thr regular and its been 5 days and I have not received any so I sent them another email and its reply as follows and the highlighted area will answer your question:

Reply:

Good Morning,

The medicals will be sent via regular mail.

The medicals need to be completed by a designated immigration doctor, and the doctor will forward the medicals to the proper destination.

Immigration

My email:

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for the reply. I have few question on my PR Visa processing.

1. We have not received the medical forms yet. Is it sent by ordinary post or is it sent my email? I would prefer to be sent through email if possible.

2. We currently reside in Coimbatore, India. Do we have to sent the medicals to Ottawa or to New Delhi.

Please let me know how long did it take for you to receive your medicals from Buffalo and did you hear anything from them after your medicals.

I really appreciate your suggestions.

Thanking you in advance.