+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical

SCOTCAD

Star Member
May 20, 2018
Hello,

I have my ITA, and was looking to book in the medical this Friday. Is it okay to go ahead with the medical now despite having not actually submitted my application? I reckon it will be 2-3 weeks until I actually get all other documents for full submission. The clinic noted they would send my medical directly to CIC however would this be possible if I haven’t technically submitted my full application yet? Or would they match it with the ITA and the document I upload on my application?

Thanks in advance

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
You need to do it now and upload the confirmation that medicals were done while submitting the application. Not after submission.

Reactions: hamgha

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hello,

I have my ITA, and was looking to book in the medical this Friday. Is it okay to go ahead with the medical now despite having not actually submitted my application? I reckon it will be 2-3 weeks until I actually get all other documents for full submission. The clinic noted they would send my medical directly to CIC however would this be possible if I haven’t technically submitted my full application yet? Or would they match it with the ITA and the document I upload on my application?

Thanks in advance
At the clinic you provide them with your UCI, that's how the medical exam is linked to your PR application.

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hello,

Thanks in advance
Ideally do the medical one day before you actually submit your eAPR (PR application) as the the visa they issue is valid till one year from the medical or on expiry of passport, whichever is earlier. This will give you some more landing time.

However, do take an appointment for the medical in advance to avoid any last minute scheduling issues and do ensure you complete everything two weeks before your deadline to submit expires to ensure you have adequate time to deal with any last minute issues. Good Luck !

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
I have medical reports that are valid till January 2019. Should I get an ITA on the next round, do I have to get new medical tests or are this good to apply?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I have medical reports that are valid till January 2019. Should I get an ITA on the next round, do I have to get new medical tests or are this good to apply?
Why did you take your medical so early before your expected ITA date??
Anywho... CIC strongly prefers medicals that are no older than 6 months at the time of submission. If you don't, they will expire almost certainly right in the middle of your application process. At some point, they will therefore require you to retake them, as you cannot land with expired medicals.
So, might as well take them now, so that you're able to do your landing 1 year later.

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
Why did you take your medical so early before your expected ITA date??
Anywho... CIC strongly prefers medicals that are no older than 6 months at the time of submission. If you don't, they will expire almost certainly right in the middle of your application process. At some point, they will therefore require you to retake them, as you cannot land with expired medicals.
So, might as well take them now, so that you're able to do your landing 1 year later.
got ITA back in February. I got rejected for incomplete documentation, thus the old medicals

deejay687

Jan 23, 2019
Can i go forward with my Medical without having IMM medical form and how my medical report will be linked to my profile in that case.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Can i go forward with my Medical without having IMM medical form and how my medical report will be linked to my profile in that case.
You just go for an upfront medical exam, and the physician creates a profile for you using your bio info and photo. If my memory serves me well, you go with just photos and passport. Call to confirm the documents you need to bring with you.

Once the exam is done, you are given a "eMedical" sheet, and that's what you upload as proof of medical exam in your application, and the info on it needs to match your bio info in your express entry profile.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I don't think one needs to give any UCI for medicals.
It's an upfront exam, and done at a stage where no application is submitted yet, hence no UCI (if it's 1st application)...
Unless it's an immigration program where applicant usually waits for request by CIC for medical. But for Express Entry (FSW, CEC, FST), it's upfront..

ppuu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2018
Great to know
So should I just bring my passport and hand to doctor?

Will the doctor send report to me then I upload it or the doctor will upload themselves ?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Great to know
So should I just bring my passport and hand to doctor?

Will the doctor send report to me then I upload it or the doctor will upload themselves ?
Call your doctor to ask for exact documents to bring, as they vary slightly between countries and clinics.

The doctor will create an electronic file on a platform called "eMedical" for you and each of your family members. He will enter all the medical results in there, and will hand you a confirmation containing your file details and code (UMI reference). It won't contain any medical results though.

You upload that it in the "Medical Exam" field. IRCC doctors will be able to retrieve medical results based on the details on that confirmation. It's just a 2-page document.

Reactions: anu1990

anu1990

Feb 13, 2018
Call your doctor to ask for exact documents to bring, as they vary slightly between countries and clinics.

The doctor will create an electronic file on a platform called "eMedical" for you and each of your family members. He will enter all the medical results in there, and will hand you a confirmation containing your file details and code (UMI reference). It won't contain any medical results though.

You upload that it in the "Medical Exam" field. IRCC doctors will be able to retrieve medical results based on the details on that confirmation. It's just a 2-page document.
Hello @Peacekeeper87 . I saw in another thread that your BG check straightly went to " we are processing yor background, We will contact you if we...." at AOR day. my AOR is on 21st of Jan and at the same day my profile BG status also was the same status. Its IP2 as everyone calls it. Also, my ADR status was"we do not need additional documents". I just want to know if it was the same for you in ADR section and have you experience any change in your BG status after that and if so, what was the status ,and whether it changed into anything - after you passed medical. My IELTS scores are L9 R9 W7 S8. Quite similar to yours. I just want to know if jumping into ip2 at AOR follows a pattern.. I am a FSW-Outland. No PNP nomination. CRS Score 471. Please reply. Thanks!