12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Hello all,

Like many of you, I have used this forum extensively to better prepare myself for the application process for PR through Express Entry. I have found threads in which people have shared their experiences to be especially helpful, and I like to give back where I can. As such, I've previously written about my experience with University of Toronto's CES, and today I will be sharing my experience at the Doctors Center in Stamford, CT for my medical.

Some quick facts:
There is only one panel physician in the state of Connecticut.
They do use eMedical.
The cost is $350 for the medical exam and another $50 for the X-ray, which is done at Advanced Radiology.
It took me about 2 1/2 hours from start to finish.
Open 9am-6pm on weekdays and 10am-2pm on Saturday

City: Stamford
Name: Lukas Konandreas
Address: Doctors Center,
660 Bedford St.,
Connecticut
Telephone: 203-324-8800
Spoken Languages: English, French, Greek, Spanish

The Doctors Center is basically part of a house that's been repurposed as an office. They are an immediate care center for the general public, but also approved to do physicals for US and Canadian immigration. Dr. Konandreas works weekdays at some regular hours (they are posted on the door), but also on Saturdays from 10-2pm, which I found helpful. You should make an appointment with them before going.

I called about two weeks ahead of time and told the receptionist that I wanted to do my medical for Canadian immigration. She knew exactly what I was talking about and told me what I would need to send or bring. She asked me for my cell number and texted me an email address and directions to send a copy of my passport, a passport-sized photo, what kind of visa I was applying for, and the date and time of the appointment that I had confirmed with her on the phone. I sent the required documentation and they sent me a consent form to sign and return to them via email.

The office opens promptly at 10 on Saturdays. I came in and they had some forms filled out with my information, and they handed me an envelope with my emedical confirmation page to upload to my application. I was informed that the Stamford radiology clinic was closed that day, and the next closest one (in Fairfield, about 25 mins away) closed at noon, so I'd need to go get my Xray taken first. They gave me a form with my information and the address of the radiology clinic to take with me.

Advanced Radiology was really nice. It was very clean and the receptionist was very friendly and knew what I was talking about when I handed her the form. She gave me some papers to sign saying that they could release the Xray to the physician. There was also another couple there who were immigrating to Canada as well and had also been sent for their Xrays. The Xray process was pretty quick and it's been several days since I took it, so hopefully that means no problems. When I was finished, I was told I could go, so I went back to the Doctors Center in Stamford.

At the Doctors Center, I met with Dr. Konandreas. He's a Greek man probably in his 70s. He was very kind and took me into one of the examination rooms to do the physical. The room was very small with a dusty old window, and the equipment seemed to be old as well. I don't really have any qualms with that, but it was apparent that this is not a top of the line facility. He started by asking me some questions about my medical history and chatting with me about why I was going to Canada, then did some basic checks like reflexes, eyes, and breathing/heart with a stethoscope. I mentioned that my cholesterol was a bit high, but he said that was not a problem. Then he had me lie back and took some blood (I think 2 or 3 vials-- I tried not to look). I am prone to passing out when I have blood drawn, so when I started getting dizzy, I asked if I could lie down all the way. He was very understanding, adjusted the seat accordingly, got me some water and let me lie down for about ten minutes before we continued the physical, checking on me periodically.

One of his nurses came in after I was feeling a bit better and took my blood pressure, then helped me sit up and asked if I wanted to do the urine sample now. I had been drinking water all morning and definitely had to pee by that point, so I emphatically said yes. Afterwards she brought me back to the room and had me wait there until a room with an eye chart became available for the eye exam.

When I did the eye exam, I felt like I wasn't really standing as far away as I should have been, because it was really easy to pass. Dr. Konandreas just had me read one line with each eye and wrote 20/20 on my paper afterwards. I actually am slightly nearsighted, but not enough to warrant needing glasses all the time, so this surprised me. However, if you have vision problems, all you have to do is bring your glasses to show that your vision is adequately corrected.

And that was it! My exam was done, but Dr. Konandreas wasn't quite finished. He has a book that he's very proud of and he'll keep you for a couple minutes after your exam to pitch it to you. I listened to him explain it to me, and while it's interesting, I just said thanks for sharing that with me but I'll pass, and he was okay with that. After I declined, he mentioned that it's available on Kindle, so if you want to get out of his spiel a little faster, ask if it's on Kindle and he'll probably let you go. ;)

After that, we just went back out to the main office and I paid and left. He gave me some receipts and a paper with the cost of each service, totaling $350. I asked if I needed to do anything else or if I needed to wait for a week or so before I uploaded the emedical form that I was given at the beginning and he said no. I also asked if they were supposed to take my picture and he said that's what the passport-size photo that I emailed to them before the appointment was for. I'm not sure if they're supposed to do it this way, but I'm not going to argue.

Overall it wasn't a bad experience. Dr. Konandreas and the nurse (I didn't catch her name) that helped me were very kind to me and seemed to know what they were doing. It's been a few days since the exam and I haven't heard anything from them, and as far as I understand, they will contact me if there are any issues. Hopefully all goes well and I pass my medicals without issue. :)

Reactions: nsrk and pvj243

cloneb99

Jun 6, 2018
Thanks, That was very helpful.
I wanted to know if you have uploaded the emedical form? Also any idea by when CIC would receive the medical reports,

Hello all,

Like many of you, I have used this forum extensively to better prepare myself for the application process for PR through Express Entry. I have found threads in which people have shared their experiences to be especially helpful, and I like to give back where I can. As such, I've previously written about my experience with University of Toronto's CES, and today I will be sharing my experience at the Doctors Center in Stamford, CT for my medical.

Some quick facts:
There is only one panel physician in the state of Connecticut.
They do use eMedical.
The cost is $350 for the medical exam and another $50 for the X-ray, which is done at Advanced Radiology.
It took me about 2 1/2 hours from start to finish.
Open 9am-6pm on weekdays and 10am-2pm on Saturday

City: Stamford
Name: Lukas Konandreas
Address: Doctors Center,
660 Bedford St.,
Connecticut
Telephone: 203-324-8800
Spoken Languages: English, French, Greek, Spanish

The Doctors Center is basically part of a house that's been repurposed as an office. They are an immediate care center for the general public, but also approved to do physicals for US and Canadian immigration. Dr. Konandreas works weekdays at some regular hours (they are posted on the door), but also on Saturdays from 10-2pm, which I found helpful. You should make an appointment with them before going.

I called about two weeks ahead of time and told the receptionist that I wanted to do my medical for Canadian immigration. She knew exactly what I was talking about and told me what I would need to send or bring. She asked me for my cell number and texted me an email address and directions to send a copy of my passport, a passport-sized photo, what kind of visa I was applying for, and the date and time of the appointment that I had confirmed with her on the phone. I sent the required documentation and they sent me a consent form to sign and return to them via email.

The office opens promptly at 10 on Saturdays. I came in and they had some forms filled out with my information, and they handed me an envelope with my emedical confirmation page to upload to my application. I was informed that the Stamford radiology clinic was closed that day, and the next closest one (in Fairfield, about 25 mins away) closed at noon, so I'd need to go get my Xray taken first. They gave me a form with my information and the address of the radiology clinic to take with me.

Advanced Radiology was really nice. It was very clean and the receptionist was very friendly and knew what I was talking about when I handed her the form. She gave me some papers to sign saying that they could release the Xray to the physician. There was also another couple there who were immigrating to Canada as well and had also been sent for their Xrays. The Xray process was pretty quick and it's been several days since I took it, so hopefully that means no problems. When I was finished, I was told I could go, so I went back to the Doctors Center in Stamford.

At the Doctors Center, I met with Dr. Konandreas. He's a Greek man probably in his 70s. He was very kind and took me into one of the examination rooms to do the physical. The room was very small with a dusty old window, and the equipment seemed to be old as well. I don't really have any qualms with that, but it was apparent that this is not a top of the line facility. He started by asking me some questions about my medical history and chatting with me about why I was going to Canada, then did some basic checks like reflexes, eyes, and breathing/heart with a stethoscope. I mentioned that my cholesterol was a bit high, but he said that was not a problem. Then he had me lie back and took some blood (I think 2 or 3 vials-- I tried not to look). I am prone to passing out when I have blood drawn, so when I started getting dizzy, I asked if I could lie down all the way. He was very understanding, adjusted the seat accordingly, got me some water and let me lie down for about ten minutes before we continued the physical, checking on me periodically.

One of his nurses came in after I was feeling a bit better and took my blood pressure, then helped me sit up and asked if I wanted to do the urine sample now. I had been drinking water all morning and definitely had to pee by that point, so I emphatically said yes. Afterwards she brought me back to the room and had me wait there until a room with an eye chart became available for the eye exam.

When I did the eye exam, I felt like I wasn't really standing as far away as I should have been, because it was really easy to pass. Dr. Konandreas just had me read one line with each eye and wrote 20/20 on my paper afterwards. I actually am slightly nearsighted, but not enough to warrant needing glasses all the time, so this surprised me. However, if you have vision problems, all you have to do is bring your glasses to show that your vision is adequately corrected.

And that was it! My exam was done, but Dr. Konandreas wasn't quite finished. He has a book that he's very proud of and he'll keep you for a couple minutes after your exam to pitch it to you. I listened to him explain it to me, and while it's interesting, I just said thanks for sharing that with me but I'll pass, and he was okay with that. After I declined, he mentioned that it's available on Kindle, so if you want to get out of his spiel a little faster, ask if it's on Kindle and he'll probably let you go. ;)

After that, we just went back out to the main office and I paid and left. He gave me some receipts and a paper with the cost of each service, totaling $350. I asked if I needed to do anything else or if I needed to wait for a week or so before I uploaded the emedical form that I was given at the beginning and he said no. I also asked if they were supposed to take my picture and he said that's what the passport-size photo that I emailed to them before the appointment was for. I'm not sure if they're supposed to do it this way, but I'm not going to argue.

Overall it wasn't a bad experience. Dr. Konandreas and the nurse (I didn't catch her name) that helped me were very kind to me and seemed to know what they were doing. It's been a few days since the exam and I haven't heard anything from them, and as far as I understand, they will contact me if there are any issues. Hopefully all goes well and I pass my medicals without issue. :)

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Thanks, That was very helpful.
I wanted to know if you have uploaded the emedical form? Also any idea by when CIC would receive the medical reports,
Yes, I scanned and uploaded the form that they gave me during the medical. I believe they usually update the online medical reports within a week, but don't quote me on that since it's something the doctors deal with, not us.

Miles813

Jul 8, 2018
Connecticut, USA
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
08-07-2018
Thank you for this post, Northern Sunshine - I completed my exam with Dr. Konandreas this weekend and I felt fully prepared for what to expect based on your experience!
I just want to mention two things that came up that other folks should look out for - one, a person at Advanced Radiology noticed that the eMedical form had a mistake in my passport number. When I returned to Dr. Konandreas's office, I mentioned this to him and he simply crossed it out and wrote the correct number on the form that I needed to upload - just hoping that it is corrected in the actual eMedical system on their end!! Also, the same person at Advanced Radiology mentioned that they have not been able to access eMedical for more than a week, which I imagine will be delaying everyone's medical exams. Hoping for the best!

Reactions: northern sunshine

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
my eye exam was a doozy. i read CDM$# and she said it was DOMSH. i should have known they dont use $ and # in eye tests.