Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
I thought I would provide this information on the Medical with specific reference to the Urine Test.

Ladies,
Do not do your medical a few days before your periods!!! You will fail the Urine Test.

I found this out the hard way!!!!

Menstrual Blood can show up in your pee a few days before your periods and a few days after.

Its best to take the test one week before or one week after to be on the safe side.

Trust me, I was sweating for a week, because of a retake test to pass the medical. As you know if blood is found in your urine, its a big problem, because of the fact it can be a serious indication of an illness.

Luckily for me, it was just my period! But i was freaked out for two weeks waiting to retake the test! If you fail, the doctor indicated that the embassy can request further tests..and thats not good!

Reactions: StellaArtois

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
I'm so glad you posted this. Too bad I didn't consider that myself. When I took my exam back in January I wasn't so lucky. However, my doctor said it shouldn't be too much of a problem but if they do request, let them know. I'm still nervous about it, but my exam expires in January anyway, so they'll probably have me retake it anyway. It's still something I'll sweat about until the end, but it's too late now... I'm broke! ???

Again, this is so so so important to all the women applying. I will let you know if necessary if my exam goes through despite a failed urine test.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
its too bad the doctor did not allow u to retake the test. The good thing is, in the exam room, he asked about the periods and i told him the expected date, so when i took the urine test, and i failed, it co related and he then asked that i retake it again. i am surprised your doctor did not give you the benefit of the doubt and have you retaken the test on your own to make sure that its not a more serious illness?

Reactions: kamranayub1100

ikaros

Nov 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
AOR Received.
November 26th 2009
File Transfer...
December 14th 2009
Med's Request
Repeated as expired, March 2010
Med's Done....
March 17th 2010
Hi I have had a few experiences with the medical as well, I got the H1N1 just three days before blood test and when they got the results my blood showed inconclusive so I repeated again a week later and it showed the same so they sent it to the provincial lab for the Western, at this point I was freaking out since I am happily married with a baby and we haven't been exposed to hiv. Anyway once we got the results from the Western the doctor told me I got nothing to worry as they did not find any traces of hiv in my blood. So I am negative, but now three months later London CIC have contacted me asking me to take the blood test again as they are not quite satisfy with what they have, I dont know what did the doctor sent. I think she is really unprofessional, when I went to her office she didnt even showed her face all my contact was with the receptionist who kept coming back and for. And told me the doctor was going to contact Ottawa to tell them I had the western already done, but anyway I wasnt gonna take their word so managed to get a requisition from them to get the blood test done again, so now the waiting begins, I might end up having the bloody PR next year and money is running dry.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
so sorry to hear! :(

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
I did read somewhere that after getting the h1n1 shot, HIV tests may show a false negative if you take one soon after. A doctor should have known this. Your doc should still be more straightforward with you. I would just take the test again if that is what is delaying everything. It is free to take the HIV test is it not? From when I did my prenatal and even my immigration medical there was no charge for STD tests.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
suenim said:
I did read somewhere that after getting the h1n1 shot, HIV tests may show a false negative if you take one soon after. A doctor should have known this. Your doc should still be more straightforward with you. I would just take the test again if that is what is delaying everything. It is free to take the HIV test is it not? From when I did my prenatal and even my immigration medical there was no charge for STD tests.
I was charged for it, $98!

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Sorry. I meant false positive :D. Wow. When I was about to pay, they told me since it is a public health issue, the public health department pays for it. Same when I did my prenatal. All I paid was for the regular prenatal blood tests but not the STD tests. I'm in Toronto so I don't know if it makes a difference where you are.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
suenim said:
Sorry. I meant false positive :D. Wow. When I was about to pay, they told me since it is a public health issue, the public health department pays for it. Same when I did my prenatal. All I paid was for the regular prenatal blood tests but not the STD tests. I'm in Toronto so I don't know if it makes a difference where you are.
Ah, that makes sense, I'm in Wisconsin so no Universal Health System.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Well when I was pregnant, my OHIP hadn't kicked in at that time or else I wouldn't have to pay for any tests. They told me anybody doing these types of tests - even with health coverage wouldn't have to pay for it. Makes sense too since public health will want to keep records.

ikaros

Nov 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
AOR Received.
November 26th 2009
File Transfer...
December 14th 2009
Med's Request
Repeated as expired, March 2010
Med's Done....
March 17th 2010
Yes It was a false positive due to the H1N1, the doctor didnt know about this and I guess she decided to ignored it and send me for the western which cleared that I AM NOT HIV POSITIVE, but now London requested another test, I honestly think that all this delay is her fault as I think she did not explained to them about the H1N1 and maybe never sent them the Wester blood result. Anyway once I get all this sort out and PR in hand I would definitely complaint about her.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I think I was on my period when I took the test, but I use tampons. They also told me that if there was something wrong they would call me in a few weeks for a re-take or to examine me. I never heard anything back.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
how can blood come in urine. there is different passage for menstural blood and urine comes from different part

????

HoneyBird said:
I thought I would provide this information on the Medical with specific reference to the Urine Test.

Ladies,
Do not do your medical a few days before your periods!!! You will fail the Urine Test.

I found this out the hard way!!!!

Menstrual Blood can show up in your pee a few days before your periods and a few days after.

Its best to take the test one week before or one week after to be on the safe side.

Trust me, I was sweating for a week, because of a retake test to pass the medical. As you know if blood is found in your urine, its a big problem, because of the fact it can be a serious indication of an illness.

Luckily for me, it was just my period! But i was freaked out for two weeks waiting to retake the test! If you fail, the doctor indicated that the embassy can request further tests..and thats not good!

ShyGirl15

Nov 4, 2019
Hi, my period is this week and i need to do a final medical exam by 7th (this week) before getting my PR. Do i need to give a urine sample in the basic exam? Im 16

Maulakh

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
I think I was on my period when I took the test, but I use tampons. They also told me that if there was something wrong they would call me in a few weeks for a re-take or to examine me. I never heard anything back.
So u paased?