+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical tests requirement

muralijcse

Jan 2, 2020
Dear Forum Members,

I have a question related to Medical examination for my wife and son, both of them are Indian Citizens and staying in India at the moment. My wife has a valid open work permit visa issued in Jan 2019 and my son has a visitor Visa issued in June 2019.
Both are in India and have not yet travelled to Canada. They will travel in March 2020 and will be staying in Canada for a period of more than 6 months.

My wife's medical test reports are more than 12 months old now, so does she need to undergo the medical test again? If so, what is the procedure for this and how to link it to her open work permit visa.

My son who is 9 months old now did not have any Medical test, he received the visitor visa without any Medical test. Does he need to have medical test done before entering Canada?

Since we do not have official requests from IRCC asking us to undergo medical tests, what should be our next steps?

Should we get medical tests without request letters? Are emedical acknowledgements from the hospital sufficient documents to be produced at the port of entry in Canada for the medical tests?

Thanks a lot for your help. I searched multiple threads and forums and could not find a satisfactory answer that addresses the question directly, hence posting a new question.

kind regards,
Murali