+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical test requirement on re-entry as visitor

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
My kids have received their visitor visas in 2018 and already travelled once to Canada in 2018 and next month they will travel again but they didn't give any medical exam recently although they were living in the designated country(India) for the past 6 month. Shall they give the medical exam before their planned travel or this criteria won't applicable on re-entry cases?

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
My kids have received their visitor visas in 2018 and already travelled once to Canada in 2018 and next month they will travel again but they didn't give any medical exam recently although they were living in the designated country(India) for the past 6 month. Shall they give the medical exam before their planned travel or this criteria won't applicable on re-entry cases?
No need to give medical.

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
Thanks mate for your quick reply. But in the shared link i got this info though I don't know whether it will apply to re-entry people as well.

You need a medical exam if at least one of these applies to you:

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Thanks mate for your quick reply. But in the shared link i got this info though I don't know whether it will apply to re-entry people as well.

You need a medical exam if at least one of these applies to you:

I personally never give re-medical exam nor in my known for re entry on TRV. Rest is up to you. As far as i know medical is required only when you apply for new application.

they still have valid visa right? They will not stay more than 6 months right? If yes than you are good to go.

you can contact IRCC if you want.

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
I personally never give re-medical exam nor in my known for re entry on TRV. Rest is up to you. As far as i know medical is required only when you apply for new application.

they still have valid visa right? They will not stay more than 6 months right? If yes than you are good to go.

you can contact IRCC if you want.
Yes i also had similar perception but after seeing recent IRCC (Canada in India) tweet regarding medical for students and work visa holders I got confused.

Students & Workers
You must have a valid medical examination prior to travelling to . If your medical has expired, your visa is not valid for travel. Your medical exam results are good for 12 months only from the date of the exam. More info: https://t.co/fjBBT3Gd9h https://t.co/0zyV8B0rhd

I like you suggestion to make it clear once officially through IRCC. thanks a lot anyway.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Yes i also had similar perception but after seeing recent IRCC (Canada in India) tweet regarding medical for students and work visa holders I got confused.

Students & Workers
You must have a valid medical examination prior to travelling to . If your medical has expired, your visa is not valid for travel. Your medical exam results are good for 12 months only from the date of the exam. More info: https://t.co/fjBBT3Gd9h https://t.co/0zyV8B0rhd

I like you suggestion to make it clear once officially through IRCC. thanks a lot anyway.
That is for only who didn't land to canada for first time after getting their Visa. Not for re entry.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assume they have also received special authorization to travel if you are in Canada as a student.

Apr 23, 2021

During this pandemic situation children will undergo medical tests, only after that they can start travel from their designated country.

aravindsriram

Mar 16, 2020
Question: My kid have received visitor visa in Nov 2020 and travelled to Canada in march 2021.We gave medical exam in Feb 2020.Now I am applying study permit for my kid as her visa expires in Dec 2021.we are already in Canada since mar2021, Does she need a upfront medical checkup again?