+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical test questions (surgery, cholesterol, lungs and gamma gt)

Edimel

Oct 13, 2011
Hi,

I've received my Section A document and scheduled the medical check for the SK/PR Visa, so far so good, but I'm worrying
about the tests done during this check.
I expect to have cholesterol and gamma gt rates above normal, but have no specific diseases regarding this.
I'm a smoker, and for a while, so I think the X-ray of the lungs will definitely show it.
Except this I assume to be in a good health condition.
Is that something carefully verified?
Smoker + cholesterol and gamma gt above normal could be considered as risky conditions by the CIC?

Another point, I had a surgery when I was 15, to correct a birth defect (on the Aorta).
I didn't mention it in my case as this was just a single operation, with no specific medications needed, just a follow up until I was 18
and that's all.
I cannot provide any documents related to this, I've asked the hospital where I was, they only keep archives for 20 years, in my case, it was 25 years ago, so too old...
But as I have a big scar on my back, the doctor will definitely see it and will ask.

Could it be a problem?

Thx for any advices,

Edimel

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edimel said:
Hi,

I've received my Section A document and scheduled the medical check for the SK/PR Visa, so far so good, but I'm worrying
I expect to have cholesterol and gamma gt rates above normal, but have no specific diseases regarding this.
I'm a smoker, and for a while, so I think the X-ray of the lungs will definitely show it.
Is that something carefully verified?
Smoker + cholesterol and gamma gt above normal could be considered as risky conditions by the CIC?

Another point, I had a surgery when I was 15, to correct a birth defect (on the Aorta).
I didn't mention it in my case as this was just a single operation, with no specific medications needed, just a follow up until I was 18
and that's all.
I cannot provide any documents related to this, I've asked the hospital where I was, they only keep archives for 20 years, in my case, it was 25 years ago, so too old...
But as I have a big scar on my back, the doctor will definitely see it and will ask.

Could it be a problem?

Thx for any advices,

Edimel
Hi Edimel, medicals are performed to see if you carry any diseases that could prove to be dangerous to other people like Tuberculosis, AIDS etc. High cholesterol etc. should not cause any major concerns.
Regarding the scar on your back, please inform the doctor performing your medicals and they will include it in your medical report. It should not be a problem either. All the best and think about quitting smoking!

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I'm a smoker, and for a while, so I think the X-ray of the lungs will definitely show it. (Not a problem and will not show any thing unless you had the TB)
Is that something carefully verified? (yes very carefully)

Smoker + cholesterol and gamma gt above normal could be considered as risky conditions by the CIC? ( May be they will ask to repeat the test, and if need any further information or further investigation may you have to do re-medical, but if it is just boarder line may they will ask only to repeat the test)

and that's all. (If your examiner doctor noted he/she write on your physical check-up finding, if they did not then not a big issue, but you should mention to your Doctor, they may will not ask you to provide the report of operation, but hiding something is not in the favour of any one, it create doubt and time more complication, delay in process and further test / investigations etc..)

But as I have a big scar on my back, the doctor will definitely see it and will ask. ( you have done the medical or not yet ? if not then you must inform the doctor and write on the form also that you had an operation, You can Consult any Doctor and take treatment / medication if required for cholesterol and other problem before you have to go for immigration Medical) Could it be a problem?

Thx for any advices,

Edimel

Hi,
Perfact rely by wenstuped, may I will add few things.
CIC will concern only the disease that will cost a very heavy burden on health system as wenstuped has mentioned
Go to any physician show your reports and control your cholesterol after few days you can repeat and if everything is under control go for medical and inform the Examine doctor about your old operation.
Other replies in red
Wish you Good luck for Medical and of-course you have to stop smoking :)
Hope its helps,

hmisabpk

Edimel

Oct 13, 2011
Many thx all for your quite reassuring replies...

For hmisabpk: my medical is scheduled next month, so I just want to be informed, as I know my health
condition, history and potential results of this medical check.
I would be really disappointed to fail on this step as I know it's almost the final one.

I'm thinking about to quit smoking, but so far, I'm only thinking about it during the time of a ciggie... :)

Fingers crossed now!
If nothing goes wrong, next year, I'll be in Vancouver... :) :) :)

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edimel said:
Many thx all for your quite reassuring replies...

For hmisabpk: my medical is scheduled next month, so I just want to be informed, as I know my health
condition, history and potential results of this medical check.
I would be really disappointed to fail on this step as I know it's almost the final one.

I'm thinking about to quit smoking, but so far, I'm only thinking about it during the time of a ciggie... :)

Fingers crossed now!
If nothing goes wrong, next year, I'll be in Vancouver... :) :) :)
Hi Edimel,

If you are maintaining normal health condition, then nothing to worry about medical test.
I suggest, like every one else, try your best to quit smoking. I too was a chain smoker several years before and physician told me that I got mild emphysema due to smoking ant told me to stop it immediately. Even though it was very hard for me to quit smoking all of a sudden, I did it and my lungs came to normal stage within a year I think. That is very old story. Now there are lot of new technique for stopping the smoking habit.

Any how, during medical it is better not to hide any old history or existing medical problem to your DMP. You will not get unfit due to Cholesterol or smoking related problems unless there are some positive malignant conditions. Don't get tensed about medical.

Edimel

Oct 13, 2011
Hi Wilson,

Thx for your reply.

When I replied to the medical questionnaire, I understood the CIC was looking for health problems present or past which require
follow up, medication, examination (and then has a cost).
As this surgery was old and totally over, without any specific medical needs, I thought it was not relevant for this questionnaire.
I had, as many people, and I think maybe every one, several health problems during my life, I severely broke my toe in an accident,
and had to walk on crutches for several weeks in 2003 (so much more recent than my surgery), do you really think it would be relevant to mention it? :)
But that's true, this surgery was a major operation, under general anaesthesia, but I stayed one week only at the hospital after the operation, with a strong follow up however to ensure everything was ok during the following months.
I'll see with the doctor next month if he asks me about it.
The problem is if they require anything (hospital or medical report), I'll be unable to provide it as hospitals keep archives for not more than 20 years, and I don't think I still have some at home.

Thx again for your post.
Edimel

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Edimel,

I hope DMP will not insist for any previous medical records from hospital. If DMP ask you about any old surgery or any severe conditions you had, then you can talk to him frankly. This is only for assessing your health condition and may not be resulting to any adverse effect on you. However, take it easy. Every thing would be fine. Good luck.

Edimel

Oct 13, 2011
Hi again,

I'm coming back following the medical check and the results.
The CIC is requiring a lot of examinations.
I have to see a cardio expert to confirm I will not present any risk to have another surgery within the next year.
Furthermore, they require as well a psychological examination to confirm I do not present any danger for anyone!?
I don't understand.
They want to know if there is any drug abuse in my life.
I've given two police reports clearance clean (one for my mother country, the other one for the country were I live).

Even the doctor who is familiar with CIC procedure is astonished...

It doesn't smell good at all... :-(

Edimel

Star promote

May 9, 2017
Kerala
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Bangalore
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-04-17
When I consulted doctor for the cough I am suffering, she asked me to take an x ray and she confirmed it is not TB. But the problem is, she said a doubt of ILD Interstital Lung Disease. Will it lead to a negative medical result and will they reject my application.

I am smoking gor last two months.

Please advice, what should I do?

DEVARAJU

Jun 5, 2022
Hi everyone, am suffering from ITP disease with a low platelet count of 9000 since 5 years, am not on treatment,i do not have any symptoms, my question is can i get Canada PR visa. Please any one suggest me.