+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Test query

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi all,

I have got my ielts score today and my crs score is now 450. I am anticipating to be picked up in next draw.
Could you please let me know the process further and things i need to be cautious about?

Also i saw in cic site that we can take the test in prior. But first i want to get the tests done and see if there is any issue with the reports and my health.
only after that i want to get the actual tests done and get EE updated with that.

Is it possible to take the unofficial test in those authorised centres before hand without any updation in EE

Deepi_911

Apr 24, 2017
I am afraid that you cannot take it from authorised centre, You can get your annual checkup done from your family doctor.
For Medical test done from CIC panel you need your Invitation. As they require your express entry profile number so they can directly sent out the report to CIC.
I guess you can work on PCC (Police clearance certificate) as of now till the time you are picked up for ITA

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Thanks deepi, could you let me know what are the tests that are done as part of canada pr medical tests like any special tests that they would do? I have a tattoo and would they do some special test for that?
I would try to take those tests in any other medical centre if possible

Astray

May 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
While you cannot take a pre-test for the actual medical exam, you can get yourself checked up on a general basis and inquire if there are any concerns regarding your health.

First understand the reason why your medicals may not pass.

IRCC says:

"An applicant may be refused on health grounds – if their condition:

• is likely to be a danger to public health or public safety, or
  • might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/admiss/index.asp

Again from IRCC:

"a medical examination includes any or all of the following:
  • a physical examination;
  • a mental examination;
  • a review of past medical history;
  • laboratory tests;
  • diagnostic tests;
  • and a medical assessment of records respecting the applicant."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/exam/

To be thorough, aside from a general checkup at the doctors, you may want to get a blood test and lung x-ray as well.

If there are no concerns after getting those matters reviewed then you may be in a better position when taking the actual medical exam.

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Thanks Astray for detailed explanation with CIC links. Did you go through the medical tests if so could you tell me what all they performed?

I would get full body checkup and X-ray done in prior hand.

Astray

May 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
No problem DSpartners.

I went through the medical checkup about a month ago and it's what I mentioned - general checkup with questions on health history, blood test, and lung x-ray (3 separate locations).

To be honest I was a bit nervous because I'm a smoker, have been for years, but just today I found out my medicals passed.

I don't think tattoos will be a problem - it's not a health risk if they were done properly.

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
@Astray thank you very much for the information. I have got my blood and urine test done today. planning to take x-ray tomorrow.

ESR Test is way more than what it should be expected (45 which should between 0-20)
Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate ESR represents inflammation in body. i would be consulting a doctor regarding this.

what i want to know at this point is would this create any problem for my immigration and where can i get information regarding this?

Astray

May 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Welcome DSpartners.

As there are a multitude of ailments humans can develop I'm not sure if there's anywhere you can get information on a specific one and how exactly it relates to your immigration.

The rule of thumb above still applies -

"An applicant may be refused on health grounds – if their condition:
  • is likely to be a danger to public health or public safety, or
  • might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services"
Maybe ask the doctor if your ESR results meet any of the conditions above or if in actuality it's nothing to worry about?

Further food for thought, quoted from another thread.

You can be listed as a 'B' medical case but the officer will assess you against how much you are likely to cost the Canadian Government (currently $6000 a year max) or if you are a danger to the public. You cannot be rejected because you have a Vit C deficiency or a high blood pressure!!