Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-6-2016
Hi,
I have applied for TRV for 4 weeks. I got a mail asking to do medical. I therefore went and submitted my medical sheet which was done in Feb 2016. I want to know do I need to do new medical test or the Feb 2016 medical sheet submission is fine? (As medical report is valid for a year). Pls suggest.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ishita said:
Hi,
I have applied for TRV for 4 weeks. I got a mail asking to do medical. I therefore went and submitted my medical sheet which was done in Feb 2016. I want to know do I need to do new medical test or the Feb 2016 medical sheet submission is fine? (As medical report is valid for a year). Pls suggest.
1. A medical done by a panel physician is valid for 1 year. If you remain in the country that visitors require medicals for longer than 6 months, IRCC may ask for another medical.

malwa09

Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi forum members,

I have a query as follows,

My parents plan to visit Canada as TRV holder as i need them here in Canada.

Is it advisable and acceptable to get the medical exam done in home country before leaving, just in case I want them to stay a bit longer than 6 months and help me with newborn.

Thanks and regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My parents plan to visit Canada as TRV holder as i need them here in Canada.

Is it advisable and acceptable to get the medical exam done in home country before leaving, just in case I want them to stay a bit longer than 6 months and help me with newborn.
Medicals are not necessary for TRVs. The visa office will inform you if your parents need to do medicals.

There are some potential red flags that you might want to avoid:
1. Do not mention a visit of 6+ months in your invitation letter/other documents. Keep your parents' visit to 3-4 weeks.

2. Do not mention that your parents would be visiting to take care of you and your baby

malwa09

Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Medicals are not necessary for TRVs. The visa office will inform you if your parents need to do medicals.

There are some potential red flags that you might want to avoid:
1. Do not mention a visit of 6+ months in your invitation letter/other documents. Keep your parents' visit to 3-4 weeks.

2. Do not mention that your parents would be visiting to take care of you and your baby

Many thanks for your reply Bryanna.

My parents have already got a miltiple entry visitor visa and I am concerned about their stay in Canada for a duration longer than 6 months.

Most of the posts say that an extension of visitor stay requires a medical exam. To address that situation I am wondering if it is acceptable to get the medical exam done in home country before leaving, just in case I want them to stay a bit longer than 6 months

Thanks and regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My parents have already got a miltiple entry visitor visa and I am concerned about their stay in Canada for a duration longer than 6 months.

Most of the posts say that an extension of visitor stay requires a medical exam. To address that situation I am wondering if it is acceptable to get the medical exam done in home country before leaving, just in case I want them to stay a bit longer than 6 months
But why would you want them to do the medicals in their home country instead of waiting until you get a request from CPC-Vegreville which could be at least 6 months from now?

malwa09

Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But why would you want them to do the medicals in their home country instead of waiting until you get a request from CPC-Vegreville which could be at least 6 months from now?
The medical is quite expensive in canada. It can be anywhere around $400 for each parent. And uncertainty of results add more to the woe.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The medical is quite expensive in canada. It can be anywhere around $400 for each parent. And uncertainty of results add more to the woe.
It doesn't work that way. Assuming they do their medicals and they don't need any additional tests, the panel physician will send the medical results to IRCC. But your parents don't have any visa application in process. But as medicals are valid for 12 months, maybe they can give their medicals in advance.

If you want your parents to stay for longer than 6 months, you may want to consider applying for their super visas if you meet the requirements

Last edited:

malwa09

Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't work that way. Assuming they do their medicals and they don't need any additional tests, the panel physician will send the medical results to IRCC. But your parents don't have any visa application in process. But as medicals are valid for 12 months, maybe they can give their medicals in advance.

If you want your parents to stay for longer than 6 months, you may want to consider applying for their super visas if you meet the requirements

Many thanks for your reply Bryanna.

I helped me to move away from the thought of getting medicals done at home country.

I will try to opt for super visa.

Thanks and regards