+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical surveillance

Lili90

Apr 2, 2020
We received the medical surveillance before the IRCC approval for the PR application and we are already in canada .please help because i am confused

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Have you had TB or Syphilis in the past? Those are usually what they follow up. Your COPR will have a surveillance code on it which you can look up on the IRCC website.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you had TB or Syphilis in the past? Those are usually what they follow up. Your COPR will have a surveillance code on it which you can look up on the IRCC website.
Hepatitis is another issue. You will need to register with public health. It shouldn’t be a big deal. They want to ensure you don’t go back to having a communicable disease.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Lili90

Apr 2, 2020
Thanks alot for your answers
That means The immigration decision will be done after the medical surveillance?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks alot for your answers
That means The immigration decision will be done after the medical surveillance?
No. Research medical surveillance. It is clearly explained that it is something that happens after landing.

Lili90

Apr 2, 2020
Please can you help me how I can have the surveillance code

Lili90

Apr 2, 2020
No. Research medical surveillance. It is clearly explained that it is something that happens after landing.

I mean people get this once they are approved as permanent resident, but what I am worried about is we haven’t received any approval as of yet.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Please can you help me how I can have the surveillance code
You will find out after you receive your COPR. It will one of the 2 codes listed in the link I provided previously.

I mean people get this once they are approved as permanent resident, but what I am worried about is we haven’t received any approval as of yet.
Your app is still being processed. Needing medical surveillance doesn't stop that.

May 5, 2020
Category........
WP
Hi.

I also received medical surveillance in gckey today. I am not yet in Canada, planning to go there in March. My question is will a person under medical surveillance not allowed to work in any medical facility or any healthcare job? I am worried since I am a nurse and my only work experience is related to healthcare and safety.

Thanks in advance for your response. Hope somebody can give light to my query.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi.

I also received medical surveillance in gckey today. I am not yet in Canada, planning to go there in March. My question is will a person under medical surveillance not allowed to work in any medical facility or any healthcare job? I am worried since I am a nurse and my only work experience is related to healthcare and safety.

Thanks in advance for your response. Hope somebody can give light to my query.
Assume this is for TB? You can’t work in a medical facility or health care job until you are cleared by the medical team and your medical is clear.

May 5, 2020
Category........
WP
Assume this is for TB? You can’t work in a medical facility or health care job until you are cleared by the medical team and your medical is clear.
Thank you for your reply. I do hope I can get cleared very soon since I had my medical check up here in my home country and I am cleared, negative with TB from my sputum and 2 xrays. No history of TB in the past too.

What other skilled job will I fit in? Just wondering.