+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Surveillance

Himanshu0309

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Okay....because I was told u would receive the call from them....can you help me with the name of the person who helped you...also what exactly happened in your process.
Cannot share the name of govt employee in this forum. Giving a brief basis my experience.

You have to call the number written on the TB handout provided with the COPR. They will create your client ID.
They will courier a letter for physician along with a medical form to your address ( you can request hand pick up if you want to finish it fast).
You have to take this letter to any physician. Physician will refer you for chest x Ray, x Ray results will take 3 days. X Ray center will forward your report to physician directly.
Now you have to visit the physician again, basis the x Ray report physician will decide further tests, or may simply release you from medical surveillance.

Aug 23, 2019
Cannot share the name of govt employee in this forum. Giving a brief basis my experience.

You have to call the number written on the TB handout provided with the COPR. They will create your client ID.
They will courier a letter for physician along with a medical form to your address ( you can request hand pick up if you want to finish it fast).
You have to take this letter to any physician. Physician will refer you for chest x Ray, x Ray results will take 3 days. X Ray center will forward your report to physician directly.
Now you have to visit the physician again, basis the x Ray report physician will decide further tests, or may simply release you from medical surveillance.
Hey thank you so much for guidance...so I assume that’s for all and then it would be directly updated in the CIC system....or is it furthermore steps to be taken?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi everybody, my husband (SOWP) got this form. How much did you spend on the tests? Did you have an insurance?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Depends on what disease/condition they are monitoring for. Should be covered by public health.
His form says 2.02 (tuberculosis as I am aware). He does not have it, all tests at iom showed negative result

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Assume further chest X-rays may be needed.
Hi @canuck78 : I would like to ask for your comment to this thing : Our medical result was expired on August 2020. Then , we got a remed from IRCC at the end of the last October. Unluckily, my spouse was suspended a TB when she checked Xray (They marked Grade B ). She was very surprised because she did not get this TB in the past so I would like to know which further tests she has to do. Thank you so much.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @canuck78 : I would like to ask for your comment to this thing : Our medical result was expired on August 2020. Then , we got a remed from IRCC at the end of the last October. Unluckily, my spouse was suspended a TB when she checked Xray (They marked Grade B ). She was very surprised because she did not get this TB in the past so I would like to know which further tests she has to do. Thank you so much.
Likely a sputum culture and repeat x-ray. Usually takes 3 months because you have to grow the culture first.

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Likely a sputum culture and repeat x-ray. Usually takes 3 months because you have to grow the culture first.
Thank you for your comment @canuck78 . It means that i have to await the instruction from RMO for which further tests, right? For your reference, right after we got this information, she went to the hospital to have a CT scan + Sputum test (mear) . The result is no TB with this test (after 2 weeks). The doctor explained that she might get it in the past but she has good anti-body. As a result, she could overcome it. Now, there are many scars on her lung. We are waiting for the culture sputum test (8 weeks).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your comment @canuck78 . It means that i have to await the instruction from RMO for which further tests, right? For your reference, right after we got this information, she went to the hospital to have a CT scan + Sputum test (mear) . The result is no TB with this test (after 2 weeks). The doctor explained that she might get it in the past but she has good anti-body. As a result, she could overcome it. Now, there are many scars on her lung. We are waiting for the culture sputum test (8 weeks).
you have to wait for further instructions. I would include any of the testing you have done with your further testing (if necessary).

Beth lee

Jan 23, 2021
can someone answer this,
I was given medical surveillance notice with my study permit. I have completed my surveillance after landings. Now i am applying for my pgwp(post graduate work permit). Do i need to get my medical done again or not. Anyone gone through this?

Ankson

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Seniors need your advice...We have received medical surveillance form. Per my understanding we need to contact public heath authority, who will provide some forms and we will have to see a physician and get xray done (or whatever doctor says). We then hand over results to public health authority
(public health authority will inform the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC that you’re in compliance with your medical surveillance requirement)

Question: Once we hand over test results (/doctors note) to public health authority, can we exit Canada or do we have stay till the time surveillance is completed. We need to plan our soft landing duration accordingly. Please advise

Thanks in advance!

Decly

Aug 11, 2022
Hi!! When did you have your sputum exam?? After being negative, did they require you to have another xray or medications?? I had my sputum test at iom, results will be available in 2 weeks
Hello..how many weeks did you receive the sputum test after your medical exam?