Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
23rd Oct 2010
LANDED..........
10th Dec 2010
Hi,
I got my PR Visa to canada with medical surveillance and am in Canada now. I reported to the health authorities as metioned and now got an appointment. I have one question in mind.
Who pays for the test and medications if suggested during the medical surveillance process?

Hope anyone knows the answer and helps me with it?

Thanks in advance

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swdw said:
Hi,
I got my PR Visa to canada with medical surveillance and am in Canada now. I reported to the health authorities as metioned and now got an appointment. I have one question in mind.
Who pays for the test and medications if suggested during the medical surveillance process?

Hope anyone knows the answer and helps me with it?

Thanks in advance
You do. However, if you are covered under provincial health care of the province where you live, the cost of the appointment will be paid by your insurance with that province.

Dikz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intresting question. Does every PR go for medical suivellance?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dikz said:
A medical is performed on everyone, but medical surveillance is not, just specific cases.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Dikz said:
It's for PRs who have some medical condition or disease. Spouses will be let in with conditions that would result in the rejection of the application if it was for a skilled worker, for example. Medical surveillance cases are often for people who tested positive for TB.

Dikz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see. Thank you both for the info

k.k

Dec 17, 2010
Hi,
I just received my COPR two days back with medical surveillance ( Inactive TB ) note with my visa.
I have a query..... does medical surveillance affect your PR status? Is there any chances of rejection after the surveillance? I m confused.. I am planning to land in end of March. Please advice.....

Reactions: Lili90

k.k

Dec 17, 2010
hi msidgz,
Well in my case I never detected TB but I remember I had a chest congestion way back in 1997 and that I suppose must have left some patches. When I received letter for furtherance medical test I consulted my physician who told me that the patches i have are old and self healed so nothing to worry. Considering that I gave my furtherance medicals which was again an X-Ray and sputum test, the result of which took about 2 months and the result was inactive TB. Now I have my visas stamped on my passport and I have to consult the local health care centers withing 30 days of my arrival in Canada. I had a big doubt about issuing PR card and SIN no which is now cleared that theres no connection between your landing and medical surveillance. It seems like they want to make sure that the Inactive TB which I have does not get active in future to safeguard my family and the countrymen there. I am not very sure about your case as this differs to every case, and if you have a history of TB which not active at the moment then theres nothing to worry about. The scar, they just want to make sure it is healed by self.
Hope that works for you.

swdw

May 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
23rd Oct 2010
LANDED..........
10th Dec 2010
Hi,
I was issued PR visa with medical surveillance and I landed in Canada in Dec. Got my SIN no. and PR Card. My medical follow up is going on.
So there is nothing to worry about.
Best of luck :)

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
But if someone on “medical surveillance” suffered ongoing health problems, or deteriorating health, could the PR be revoked? If not, what is the point of medical surveillance?

Tiggilicious

Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2011
AOR Received.
28-06-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Request
31-07-2011
Med's Done....
14-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
Its to make sure its under control if it could be an infectious disease (such as latent TB, If it became full force immigration still has to try to protect the public from it), but since family class (spouses) are still admissible, thats why they have you checked. Thats probably what is going to happen with us since he is latent TB - and what we were explained.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Tiggilicious said:
Its to make sure its under control if it could be an infectious disease (such as latent TB, If it became full force immigration still has to try to protect the public from it), but since family class (spouses) are still admissible, thats why they have you checked. Thats probably what is going to happen with us since he is latent TB - and what we were explained.
Are you saying that in no case would the PR be expelled from Canada, so CIC's medical surveillance is to make sure that if the disease flares up into an infectious disease, the PR receives proper medical treatment (to protect Canadians from contagion), supervised by CIC?

Interesting.

shaka1

Feb 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kuala lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 5th 2010
AOR Received.
july 29th 2010
Med's Request
re medicals 4th march 2011
Med's Done....
5th march 2011
Interview........
dec 8 2010
Passport Req..
4th april 2011
VISA ISSUED...
14th april 2011
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON THIS ,,
I STARTED MY APPLICATION , ON JULY 29 ,, 2010 ,, KUALA LUMPUR , INITIALLY I WAS CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW ON SEPT 29TH , 2010 , BUT I RESCHEDULED ,, AND THE INTERVIEW WAS FINALLY DONE ON DECEMBER 8, 2010 ,
MY MEDICALS EXPIRED FEB 19TH 2011 ,, AND I WENT TO THE EMBASSY AND WAS TOLD NOT TO DO ANOTHER MEDICALS YET ,,
I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT MY APPLICATION IS STILL IN PROCESS ,, AND IT HAS BEEN WAS REFERED TO " LO'
CAN ANY ONE ASIST IN EXPLAINING THIS TO ME ,,