+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical surveillance undertaking form

neo-mashiro

Jul 28, 2019
Hi, has anyone ever received this form before and fulfilled its requirement?

I'm an international student living in Sherbrooke who came here last year. According to this form, I should have received within 30 days of entry a mail from the public health department with information on how to do a follow-up medical exam, and I'm responsible for complying with the instructions, otherwise, my study permit and immigration status could be affected.

I've never received anything as I was supposed to, so I called 514-528-2400 ext 3881 as stated on the medical surveillance handout, and they gave me the number of the Sherbrooke local health department which is 819-829-3400 ext 42480. The problem is, I have tried to call that number many many times over the last 5 months, but nobody's on the other side, it's always just some automated voice message in French that asks me to leave my message, and I did, but I still never get a callback or mail. I also tried to contact the Montreal department on this issue and gave them my personal information, they said they would call the Sherbrooke department and ask them to contact me, but again, nothing happened afterward. If you call the number you know what I'm talking about.

I'm almost about to give up, really don't know what else I can do about it. Has anyone ever run into the same situation? Any suggestions? Or I guess I just have to ignore it since there's no way that I can effectively comply with the CIC conditions.