+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical surveillance coe: 2.02 :: Do we have to pay

SamTheSlayer

Jan 1, 2018
Hi,

I received my COPR and I am now planning to move to Canada. However, my PR document says, I have to contact the medical center for TB surveillance medical checkups.
I would like to know, do I have to pay for the checkups (or any medical tests done) done to complete the immigration process?? If yes, does anyone have any rough figures, how much it would cost?

Thanks,
Sam

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

I received my COPR and I am now planning to move to Canada. However, my PR document says, I have to contact the medical center for TB surveillance medical checkups.
I would like to know, do I have to pay for the checkups (or any medical tests done) done to complete the immigration process?? If yes, does anyone have any rough figures, how much it would cost?

Thanks,
Sam
You have to pay unless/until your are eligible for provincial health coverage. This will start to pick up the cost, I believe, once you become covered.

Google for "Canada TB surveillance costs" to get some examples.

jamie hito

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Japan
Where are you landing?

Have you started your TB medications while in your country?
if so, how long have you been taking your treatment?

SamTheSlayer

Jan 1, 2018
Where are you landing?

Have you started your TB medications while in your country?
if so, how long have you been taking your treatment?
I would landing in Ottawa. I don't have an active TB and all reports for TB tests in my home country have come negative. Canadian authorities are just bit cautious and want to retest after I land in Canada.

jamie hito

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Japan
I would landing in Ottawa. I don't have an active TB and all reports for TB tests in my home country have come negative. Canadian authorities are just bit cautious and want to retest after I land in Canada.
No one can blame them. Tuberculosis have resurge in North America. Both from local and Immigrant communities.
Good luck!

vins1

May 26, 2009
Hi,

Thanks,
Sam
Generally you maybe given several months from time of landing as immigrant to complete medical surveillance. You will be eligible for the Health Card 3 months after you land. So you can potentially do the checkups as soon as you get the Health Card with no cost.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Medical surveillance is to protect Canadians so yes the costs will be covered. You don't go to your regular doctor. There is a specific public health team hat deals with it.

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Medical surveillance is to protect Canadians so yes the costs will be covered. You don't go to your regular doctor. There is a specific public health team hat deals with it.
Hi,

We got medical surveillance notice email. What I understood after reading all the posts is people who get approved they get that surveillance request, but in our case we haven’t received any approval or decision yet. Do you know anyone who got this request while application in process. Please reply

Khaiko

Feb 26, 2019
Hi,
I am also planning to land on Ottawa but I will be there for 5 days only as I have to come back and settle things here before I move permanently. My COPR says I have to report within 30 days but I'm not sure if i can complete this within few days. Could you please let me know how you did or any contact Information for medical services.

manaise

Jun 17, 2018
Hi,

Thanks,
Sam
Hi, can you put light on this topic further, you must have by now gone through this surveillance process, after how much time from landing do we need to do this, what happens if we are only doing soft landing now and planning to come after 6-8 months?

elala

Aug 4, 2019
Hi! Anyone who already complied to medical surveillance notice share their experience on how to comply? I got my student permit with medical surveillance notice for inactive tb. Do I need to call first the public health center or I can directly go there?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi! Anyone who already complied to medical surveillance notice share their experience on how to comply? I got my student permit with medical surveillance notice for inactive tb. Do I need to call first the public health center or I can directly go there?
You should call when you arrive in Canada.