+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical status change from passed to in progress

maomaochong1226

May 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I need your help ! I am freak out now !
I submitted my application on June 2 ,2015 and I am still waiting for DM and PPR but during this time , I got my baby born on 14th Oct,2015 and I send a CSE to inform CIC about this . Today I receive a letter asking me to send the birth certificate for my baby ,Meanwhile I noticed that my medical status changed from passed to in progress now . Guys does this mean my wife or my medical may have a problem ?
thanks a lot

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
since your baby was just born, I think they returned your medical status to in progress because you will need to have medical exam for the newborn as well ( if only to determine - confirm sex)
when you do the medical and upload the receipt, I am sure you will be back to passed again.

don't worry :)

maomaochong1226

May 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yelena said:
since your baby was just born, I think they returned your medical status to in progress because you will need to have medical exam for the newborn as well ( if only to determine - confirm sex)
when you do the medical and upload the receipt, I am sure you will be back to passed again.

don't worry :)
Thank you so much for your reply ! My situation is that my wife was pregnant when she was asked for the medical check so she uses the old one she did for her open work permit about half year ago . I saw lot of people had a problem when using the one for visitor or work permit . That is why I am worried now.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maomaochong1226 said:
Thank you so much for your reply ! My situation is that my wife was pregnant when she was asked for the medical check so she uses the old one she did for her open work permit about half year ago . I saw lot of people had a problem when using the one for visitor or work permit . That is why I am worried now.
Well. This can be an issue :/
Medical assesment for work permit and temoporary residence is not the same :/
I strongly suggest your wife does a new medical asap

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maomaochong1226 said:
Well, their is no problem of using the old medical even that has been done for work permit...check your status in a week or so , if your wife's old medical get an extension it will be set to passed again, unless if they ask you medical for your child...

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
not according to my research., my medical was rejected because it was at first assesed for temporary residence only., so there obviously is another way they are assesing medicals for those two cases.

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yelena said:
not according to my research., my medical was rejected because it was at first assesed for temporary residence only., so there obviously is another way they are assesing medicals for those two cases.
My 2 friends already became p.r by using their old medicals which they did for their work permit...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
yelena said:
Yelena, your case was different. Yours was a mistake on the part of the CIC medical team so it cannot be compared to the case of the OP.

But still, I think it might not be okay to submit a medical report that was taken for a temporary resident/student visa. Well, if you do not have your status updated in a couple of weeks, then talk to CIC. Do not contact them before that!

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yelena, your case was different. Yours was a mistake on the part of the CIC medical team so it cannot be compared to the case of the OP.

But still, I think it might not be okay to submit a medical report that was taken for a temporary resident/student visa. Well, if you do not have your status updated in a couple of weeks, then talk to CIC. Do not contact them before that!
I reaearched pannel doctors handbook on how to aproach medical exams under different categories., this is what i concluded.

maomaochong1226

May 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys I already apply the birth certificate yesterday and will get it within a week by mail . I will keep an eye on my medical status during this week to see if that may change or not . Since the medical status changed right after I receive the requesting email so I guess mostly that status will not change back to passed until I upload the birth certificate.
If there is something update , I will post it here.
Thanks again for all the suggestions