Medical situation after medicals are done

grnrg

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey All, we need some help here.

My wife received her passport with the stamped visa and other papers for spousal sponsorship. The visa expiry is second week of August. On the paper with instructions, it says "You must inform us of any significant change in your health or physical fitness BEFORE you leave for Canada"

My wife had her immigration medical checks done last year (Aug. 2013). She had a small medical procedure done few days back. It was due to an injury, but nothing life threatening, permanent or severely damaging. Definitely it wasn't related to any communicable disease. Though the signs of the surgery are visible (she has to wear a cast for few months).

Do we need to inform the CIC about it? That might lead to unknown delays. If we don't inform, can this be a problem when she lands in Canada?

PS: I have posted a similar post on New Delhi 2013 forum, though I am re-posting to reach a wider audience who may not follow the New Delhi forum.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I would imagine she has to disclose this... especially since she is in a cast. During landing the officer will also ask the same question and since he can see the cast, she would have to disclose that information there anyway.

grnrg

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:
I would imagine she has to disclose this... especially since she is in a cast. During landing the officer will also ask the same question and since he can see the cast, she would have to disclose that information there anyway.
Thanks keesio... I will call CIC and inform them about this on Wednesday and hopefully they will guide me with the proper information.