+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Sent, PPR awaited, Which is best time to get married?

ADBoy

Jun 24, 2010
Hello
I need some advice regarding my PR case.
I applied for Skilled class immigration last year. In July 2010, I sent my medical report and RPRF. Roughly four months time was given till PPR (means till mid November). My visa office is London.
Still I am waiting for it. My question is related to my marriage. I need to plan it so that my application goes smoothly.

If I get married between

A. Now and PPR and am able to update my status before PPR comes. In this case my wife's processing will be done with my PR. Further delay of few months is expected. Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

B. Before PPR but while updating my status (collecting and sending docs to CIC), PPR comes. In this case what are my options. I have to update my status immediately with CIC as its a clear instruction from them. Will they ask me to send all documents so that my wife's processing can be done with mine Or will they let me do the stamping+landing and then ask me to sponsor her from Canada on Spouse Visa. Can it complicate my case in any sense?
Lets say they process my wife's PR with mine (which is most likely), Will this case be processed faster than scenario A, as my PPR has already arrived. I understand that if my medical expires, Ive to retake it. I applied in the IT manager occupation which has been taken out from the occupation list. Is it wise to delay my smooth PR process by getting married and adding my wife's case after the PPR?

C. After PPR and Stamping. In this case I can only sponsor her on spouse visa while being in Canada. Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

Is there any possibility which I am missing or havn't thought about.
Your urgent response is awaited.
Thanks in Advance
ADBoy

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you go with option C - make sure you land in Canada and become a PR before getting married. Otherwise you will never be able to sponsor your wife.

ADBoy

Jun 24, 2010
Thanks scylla, so before stamping and after medical or even PPR, I can still add her to my application. But once stamping is done I cannot do so. Only way is to land and get my PR and then sponsor her spouse visa?
Please confirm.
Also what will happen if I cross the date for submission of my Passport after PPR as I have to submit my wife's documents? I will make sure to inform CIC as soon as I get married.
Thanks