+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical results not received by vo... what now?

medusa

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/4/2010
Doc's Request.
8/7/2010
AOR Received.
3/11/2010
Med's Request
27/05/2011.
Med's Done....
14/6/2011. received london 27/6/2011.
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12/9/2011.
VISA ISSUED...
28/9/2011
LANDED..........
24/5/2012
hey all!

today i got an email from my vo - i had hoped it was the ppr - but it was to inform me that we had two months to do our medicals as the vo had not received our results! there are lots of things i would like to add now, but good manners prevent me from doing so.

we did our medicals on june 14, they were received in london - where all medical results are now sent for 20 countries or sth - this is i suppose the overseas health management services in london - on june 27 and i have the dhl tracking no, etc. i believe that the physician who did the exam is not lying and they did send everything for my family, but now i don't know how to proceed.

the physician told me that if 4 to 6 weeks have passed since the results of the examination were received by london, we have the right to call the regional office and ask what has happened to them. she also told me that as of 1.7. they have a new general manager or whatever so they may be experiencsing disruptions.

i cannot believe this. in fact, this is the second time sth i sent has been lost - the first time it was my proof of funds, they asked for it again, i sent it... but this is totally ridiculous.

really bad luck that it had to be me.

if anyone has any ideas, if anyone had the same experience or sth similar, share your thoughts.

even better, if anyone has the phone number of the overseas health management services in london or knows how i can get it - the address is in the designated medical practitioners part of the cic webiste, pls let me know - i'm dying to give them a call!

many thanks and best of luck:)

ana_ana

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2010
AOR Received.
2nd 07-2010
IELTS Request
07-10-2010
File Transfer...
in process 31-01-2011
Med's Request
24-05-2011
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
Medusa we have the same VO and we did the medicals almost at the same time. I can't imagine how frustrated and angry you are........I wish u all the best

shoki

Jan 29, 2011
i also received same email for asking my spouse medical result although done with my family.

medusa

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/4/2010
Doc's Request.
8/7/2010
AOR Received.
3/11/2010
Med's Request
27/05/2011.
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12/9/2011.
VISA ISSUED...
28/9/2011
LANDED..........
24/5/2012
@ ana_ana: thanks, i'm trying to keep it together but it ain't easy ??? :eek: ??? :eek: mbe they will have figured out what they did wrong by next thursday (vienna seems to be sending out pprs on thursdays?! weird, huh)

@ shoki: phew, so i'm not the only one. when did this happen? what's your vo? WHAT DID YOU DO? i sent them a case specific enquiry yesterday, prompted by several people who had done their meds about the same time as i and who had sent case specific enquiries and received their pprs a few days later. pls get back to me - i'll pm you as well - i think these things are easier to deal with if there's someone in the same situation to share information with.

anyone else? any thoughts? shoki and i can't be the only ones this ever happened to? :eek: :eek: :eek: i'm at a loss for words appropriate to this forum to explain how immensely frustrating this is - not to mention scary - i mean we stand to lose so much because of some bureaucratic bungle??? i can't allow myself to think like this so i'll pm shoki and then try to find something else to do...

wish us luck guys!

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi medusa,
I´m terribly sorry to hear that. I have zero experience with such an issue, but I´d definitely do the following so as to avoid a negative decision by Vienna office:

- inform Vienna (reply to their e-mail) about the issue (provide the details of when/where of the med.exam, name of the doctor) and send them a scanned copy of delivery receipt (get it from the courier)
- ask Vienna to double-check with Overseas Health Management Services London or to provide a phone contact so that you can do it yourself
- ask Vienna for instructions on how to proceed

Unfortunatelly, I´ve also only found the mail address of OHMS London + fax number (Overseas Health Management Services; MacDonald House
38 Grosvenor Street; London, England W1K 4AA; Fax: +44 (0) 20 7258).
I think it´s worth trying to fax London and ask them to check/back-trace your med.results based on a scanned copy of delivery receipt.

and hope that while I´m trying to figure out what to do in such a case as yours is, somebody else has replied to you and provided full details of how to proceed in such a situation :)

FINGERS CROSSED for you!!!!!

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medusa said:
@ ana_ana: thanks, i'm trying to keep it together but it ain't easy ??? :eek: ??? :eek: mbe they will have figured out what they did wrong by next thursday (vienna seems to be sending out pprs on thursdays?! weird, huh)

@ shoki: phew, so i'm not the only one. when did this happen? what's your vo? WHAT DID YOU DO? i sent them a case specific enquiry yesterday, prompted by several people who had done their meds about the same time as i and who had sent case specific enquiries and received their pprs a few days later. pls get back to me - i'll pm you as well - i think these things are easier to deal with if there's someone in the same situation to share information with.

anyone else? any thoughts? shoki and i can't be the only ones this ever happened to? :eek: :eek: :eek: i'm at a loss for words appropriate to this forum to explain how immensely frustrating this is - not to mention scary - i mean we stand to lose so much because of some bureaucratic bungle??? i can't allow myself to think like this so i'll pm shoki and then try to find something else to do...

wish us luck guys!
Frustrated....is hardly the word. I totally understand your situation. I am so happy that atleast a pre jun (April applicant) recd Meds.

Just a thought....what if you requested your DMP to re-send your Meds again (a copy) with a cover letter from you explaining the situation and also FAX/email your VO when you get the numbers.

Actually, it will be a good idea to ask your DMP directly if he had cases like yours earlier and how was it dealt. What do you think ....maybe just a dumb idea but you can try.

Mitali

tarakrs

Champion Member
May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should send the receipts of medicals done to VO. They will believe that you have done medicals in time and they will give you one more opportunity to redo the medicals.

I know it is frustrating to do it again but, a way out is better then to remain stuck and loosing temper.

medusa

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/4/2010
Doc's Request.
8/7/2010
AOR Received.
3/11/2010
Med's Request
27/05/2011.
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12/9/2011.
VISA ISSUED...
28/9/2011
LANDED..........
24/5/2012
thanks to everyone who has replied! i really appreciate it

problem 1: the designated medical practitioner who did the exams insists the fault is not theirs, we're waiting for their boss to get back from vacation monday to see what she'll agree to - i hope they can give me something in writing that my results were included with the dhl package they sent to the london regional medical office, then i'd send that on to the vienna vo and to london

i will be faxing london tomorrow - i'll fax the receipts i have, but the problem is that i don't have the dhl receipt - as you know, the dmp sends the meds results, not the applicant - in fact - i took the time to read the instructions for dmps on the cic website - sigh - and it says explicitly that applicants are never to be provided by copies of their meds results by the dmp.

i also read that there are ways - via the right to information act etc - to obtain info currently held by a government agency - this is getting way too weird for me - but i suppose i could try to get them to look for the results this way - i know they're just sitting in some desk drawer/cubby hole/pile of papers somewhere, i just wish the bureaucrat who's got them will notice they're there but shouldn't be! they should be in my vo!

i'll also call vienna vo - i have called before and i will not allow myself to comment on how pleasant and helpful they were, but as the mistake is theirs, i'll do my best to insist, insist, insist until i speak to someone who will understand what i'm talking about and do something about it.

i really cannot believe this has happened. my dmp said that they got a new manager in the london regional medical office who started in july - great job he's doing!!! (it is a he, the dmp told me, but they are not allowed to give out contact information, so...)

anyway, i'll keep everyone posted. if this is another bungle they're capable of, it's good for people to know what they can expect and to know how to deal with it.

i really would rather not redo the meds, i don't want to pay for this again, money doesn't grow on trees, plus i think this would set us back in the queue

as for april applicants receiving meds requests - i know of 4 cases of pre-june applicants (march and april 2010) who have received pprs from vienna vo in the past two weeks. what can i say... that it's different from vo to vo... sure, but that won't make anyone feel any better (it really shouldn't be like that, as we all know).

best of luck everyone, myself included:)

thanks again guys for your support.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Medusa,

Anil04_10 was in your situation which was eventually resolved (Meds lost) maybe you want to PM him....he is extremely helpful.

I have read (100%) that you can get the tracking # from your DMP...so chase that too.

Mitali

shoki

Jan 29, 2011
i received an e-mail in which they mention that they(visa office london)received and assesed the medical examination of my family except my spouse.they asked me to confirm if my spouse had gone through the medical and give explaination if medical has not done yet.

i e-mail them instantly on the add written on the e-mail that we all (my family) done our medical on same day.i don't know why u did not received my spouse medical.

kindly advice me what to do next??????????

looking forward for ur co-operation
shoki

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even we received a call from the Visa Office (New Delhi) 30 days after we did our medicals asking whether 'we did our medicals'?! It comes as a shocker a month after doing your medicals. We confirmed that we had completed our medicals & had even sent the original receipts of the DMP with the Passports (NDVO asks everything together). Thereafter we checked with the DMP & was told that they sent the medicals after 10 days of the exams, then I went & got a copy of the stamped receipt of the Gate Sentry at CHC, New Delhi (DMP in Delhi does hand delivery through their own courier). Sent this copy of the gate receipt to NDVO on e-mail, but didn't get a response till yesterday (finally phew !!) that they have received the medicals & passports for the entire family. This after more then 2 months of completing the medicals.

Just goes to show we in-spite of being so meticulous & prompt with our tasks still face so much uncertainty at the hands of the process for which CIC does not take responsibility to ensure a fair deal to us.

medusa

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/4/2010
Doc's Request.
8/7/2010
AOR Received.
3/11/2010
Med's Request
27/05/2011.
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12/9/2011.
VISA ISSUED...
28/9/2011
LANDED..........
24/5/2012
hey again

thanks to everyone who's replied or pmed me - it means a lot to know that we are not the only ones this has happened to - at least i know that this kind of situation can be resolved.

although i really wish that FOR A CHANGE the stupid person who was resoponsible would - you know - suffer the consequences and that they would let us know this is so. One of the reasons why we want to emigrate in the first place is to get away from an incompetent and self-perpetuating bureaucracy - and then this??? ??? i just keep wondering how far back this will set us in terms of processing times... i am so maaad, it's beyond words at this point.

i tried calling vienna and london - in vienna they were sorry to tell me that i could only email them, regardless of the circumstances and they would be sure to get back to me - lets see - i've emailed and faxed them and sent copies of receipts from the dmp.

in london - i could not get through to a living creature - it was all automated responses! does anyone know how to get through to someone other than an automated response in london?

and what is worse, they don't list a fax number for the medical attache or his office - so now i have to fax general enquiries and hope that the fax doesn't get lost! there's the beginning of the fax number on the website 7258 and that's it!

at least new delhi called and yukon could talk to someone about the mess they had made - i can't even get through to a human being! @yukon - how long after you sent them the gate receipt did they get back to you to tell you they had received the medicals? more than a month if my math is correct? unbelievable! having to wait like that for month, not knowing! the way my luck is going, that's gotta be next...

so sorry to rant like this, i'll stop now - but this is beyond belief!

best of luck everyone and if anyone has any ideas how to get through to a human being in london or even better how to get through to the office of the medical attache, i would be forever grateful!

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medusa said:
hey again

thanks to everyone who's replied or pmed me - it means a lot to know that we are not the only ones this has happened to - at least i know that this kind of situation can be resolved.

although i really wish that FOR A CHANGE the stupid person who was resoponsible would - you know - suffer the consequences and that they would let us know this is so. One of the reasons why we want to emigrate in the first place is to get away from an incompetent and self-perpetuating bureaucracy - and then this??? ??? i just keep wondering how far back this will set us in terms of processing times... i am so maaad, it's beyond words at this point.

i tried calling vienna and london - in vienna they were sorry to tell me that i could only email them, regardless of the circumstances and they would be sure to get back to me - lets see - i've emailed and faxed them and sent copies of receipts from the dmp.

in london - i could not get through to a living creature - it was all automated responses! does anyone know how to get through to someone other than an automated response in london?

and what is worse, they don't list a fax number for the medical attache or his office - so now i have to fax general enquiries and hope that the fax doesn't get lost! there's the beginning of the fax number on the website 7258 and that's it!

at least new delhi called and yukon could talk to someone about the mess they had made - i can't even get through to a human being! @ yukon - how long after you sent them the gate receipt did they get back to you to tell you they had received the medicals? more than a month if my math is correct? unbelievable! having to wait like that for month, not knowing! the way my luck is going, that's gotta be next...

so sorry to rant like this, i'll stop now - but this is beyond belief!

best of luck everyone and if anyone has any ideas how to get through to a human being in london or even better how to get through to the office of the medical attache, i would be forever grateful!
First of all Medusa you need to relax. Over these last 3 years & multiple applications I have come to realize that their is no point in burning your own blood over the lack of reverse communication & the delays in response from the Visa office....! They do get every fax, letter & e-mail we send them, it's just that they choose either not to respond to it in time or never. If you have sent the e-mail & faxes, rest assured they will get it....

They will trace out your medicals, don't worry... The VO who called us & spoke with my wife (she is the PA), affirmed to us that he is calling 'us' to check the status first, then he will call the Regional Medical Centre (which is incidentally at the same location as the Visa Office in Delhi). I am sure the RMC for your VO (i.e. London) will be having it somewhere buried !! They will trace it out.... it's just that these kind of things delay your file.

We got the call on 18 July & the confirmatory e-mail on 25 August.

Just take is easy & give them some time to trace out your medicals, they are there & will be found... :)

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Medusa,
One more thing, do not contact OHMS directly at London, they will not respond to any query of yours. Your point of contact should only be your Visa Office (i.e. Vienna). No point in contacting London VO either, they will not respond.
Only Vienna VO will directly contact OHMS, London to check the status of your medicals.

medusa

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/4/2010
Doc's Request.
8/7/2010
AOR Received.
3/11/2010
Med's Request
27/05/2011.
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12/9/2011.
VISA ISSUED...
28/9/2011
LANDED..........
24/5/2012
hi yukon!

thank you so much. thank you for being so helpful and, maybe even more so, thank you for being so CALM! you've been here and done this and you've managed to pull through so i have some hope that the same will be true of me.

i'd give you +zillion, except i don't think i'm allowed to :-*

anyhow, i'll post as soon as i hear anything from anyone.

again, thanks everyone for being so supportive!