+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Request

sambujang

Oct 25, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I applied to sponsor my wife in May 2017 - out land, and got approved to sponsor her. We recently received an email from IRCC stating that her file has now being transferred to overseas visa office after we uploaded schedule A and police certificate. It's been almost a month since then and we have not heard anything from them. Does anyone have an idea as to what happens next especially with regards to medical request?

Jojo87

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Most of applicants have the same issue as their files were transferred before medicals are done!!
Did you receive AOR2 ?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Some VOs request the medical, and it's normal to not hear anything otherwise when you're at the VO. We got transferred nearly five months ago and haven't heard anything.

Jojo87

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Some VOs request the medical, and it's normal to not hear anything otherwise when you're at the VO. We got transferred nearly five months ago and haven't heard anything.
If you don't mind me asking, which VO your file was transferred?

sambujang

Oct 25, 2016
Most of applicants have the same issue as their files were transferred before medicals are done!!
Did you receive AOR2 ?
I'm not sure what AOR2 means but if that is the second email sent after my file was transferred to overseas visa office, then yes I did receive it.

Jojo87

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I'm not sure what AOR2 means but if that is the second email sent after my file was transferred to overseas visa office, then yes I did receive it.
Yes,that's it.
AOR2 means acknowlegment of receipt of your application from the VO.

sambujang

Oct 25, 2016
Yes,that's it.
AOR2 means acknowlegment of receipt of your application from the VO.
Actually, I thought the second email came from IRCC Mississagua office after they have transferred our file to VO because they asked me to directly contact the VO for any inquiries. So I assumed that AOR2 came from Mississagua and not the VO. I maybe wrong about it.

NEG1N

Jun 16, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I applied to sponsor my wife in May 2017 - out land, and got approved to sponsor her. We recently received an email from IRCC stating that her file has now being transferred to overseas visa office after we uploaded schedule A and police certificate. It's been almost a month since then and we have not heard anything from them. Does anyone have an idea as to what happens next especially with regards to medical request?
They will ask you for medical report next...it should be soon if your file was transferred a month ago

sambujang

Oct 25, 2016
They will ask you for medical report next...it should be soon if your file was transferred a month ago
In fact today after so many unsuccessful attempt to talk to IRCC, I managed to get hold of an agent. I asked about the medical request. To my surprise he told me that a medical request was sent to my wife two months ago through the post. I was shocked upon hearing this because we never expected that a request will be sent through a snail mail. We were expecting the request to come through an email. No the 30 days window to do the test after the request is made has well passed. My wife and I were panicking. However, the agent told me that our file was still opened. He advised that we contact the VO for an extension, which we did. My wife later went to the post office to pick up the request. So she is going to do the test tomorrow while we wait for the response of the VO for an extension. We are very worried how this is going to impact our application. Any advice?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
In fact today after so many unsuccessful attempt to talk to IRCC, I managed to get hold of an agent. I asked about the medical request. To my surprise he told me that a medical request was sent to my wife two months ago through the post. I

sambujang........please how many months between when you received the AOR2 and request for medical..........did you get the extension and if yes, for how long........also what overseas visa office is processing your sponsorship.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
sambujang........please how many months between when you received the AOR2 and request for medical..........did you get the extension and if yes, for how long........also what overseas visa office is processing your sponsorship.

sambujang

Oct 25, 2016
In fact, I got a medical request even before the AOR2 was sent, but like I said the medical request was sent through the post /regular mail, and it has been sitting at the post office for many weeks while we continue to wait for. We didn't know it was sent. So I decided to call IRCC. That was when they told me that they have already sent the request several weeks ago. They were right. We inquired from our post office who confirmed to us that the letter was still with them. With regards to extension, we still haven't heard from them but we already did the medical anyway. So we wait and see what they say.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
In fact, I got a medical request even before the AOR2 was sent, but like I said the medical request was sent through the post /regular mail, and it has been sitting at the post office for many weeks while we continue to wait for. We didn't know it was sent. So I decided to call IRCC. That was when they told me that they have already sent the request several weeks ago. They were right. We inquired from our post office who confirmed to us that the letter was still with them. With regards to extension, we still haven't heard from them but we already did the medical anyway. So we wait and see what they say.
Thanks for your prompt reply.......if i may ask what out land visa office was your file transferred to ?