+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical request received from CIC after they refused my study permit application

123prem

May 10, 2017
hi everyone,
i want to share something unusual that is happening to my application now. I applied for study permit on paper to Canadian high commission , new delhi on 1st march 2017. I got refused on 30th march and i got my passport back, However, after 3 weeks of refusal, i received medical request from CIC on 24th April 2017. This was totally unexpected. I did my medical test and my report was forward to CIC on 2nd may. Now , I am waiting for their decision? Does anyone have gone through this kind of situation? if so, please share.

klgirl

Star Member
May 2, 2017
hi everyone,
i want to share something unusual that is happening to my application now. I applied for study permit on paper to Canadian high commission , new delhi on 1st march 2017. I got refused on 30th march and i got my passport back, However, after 3 weeks of refusal, i received medical request from CIC on 24th April 2017. This was totally unexpected. I did my medical test and my report was forward to CIC on 2nd may. Now , I am waiting for their decision? Does anyone have gone through this kind of situation? if so, please share.
this is very strange. try sending them an email and ask them.

klgirl

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Yes I have, I am waiting for their reply. Can visa officer reconsider refused application? What do you think?
I know cases where visa is approved on the 2nd try, as long as you can convince them the following:
- Funds are very important. You need to show at least 1 year of funds to support yourself in Canada plus the college/university fee, at least for one year. On the CIC website, it is mentioned that you need to show at least CAD 10k, on top of your tuition fee. So in my opinion, CAD 23 k is a very good number (even for express entry, the minimum they want to see is CAD 20 or CAD 22k if I am not mistaken)
- You need to show strong ties with your home country to ensure that you will for sure come back. For example property, Job that you will go into after graduation, scope of the course that you are taking in your home country and why choosing this course in Canada when a similar course is available in your home country
- They need to see absolutely that you will come back after your course and with a simple sniff they might reject
- The country of citizenship is very important as well (I am not sure where you are from).
- Your existing job and your tax payments are very important
- Property purchase or business that you may have
In a nut shell, as long as you can show them good funds, the course that is related with your career and a very solid reason that you will not stay in Canada will give a good push, and this is where a lot of people lack as well. This is just my opinion.