+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Request For the Visitor Visa Extension

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Hello Guys,

We have applied for the Extension of Visitor Visa for my mother. We have received a Medical request from CIC (IMM1017) through email and after 30 minutes we got another email which approved her stay till 2019 Nov. Now we are confused. Do we have to do the Medicals since we got the approval of her stay till Nov 2019?

Please advise

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Guys,

We have applied for the Extension of Visitor Visa for my mother. We have received a Medical request from CIC (IMM1017) through email and after 30 minutes we got another email which approved her stay till 2019 Nov. Now we are confused. Do we have to do the Medicals since we got the approval of her stay till Nov 2019?

Please advise
Yes, she must still do the medical. The extension was granted contingent on her doing the medical.

Akhatoon

Feb 18, 2019
When did you apply for the extension? Was it online? When did you receive the approval? For how many months is the approval? I am trying to track when my extension would be approved since I applied online on June 29.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
When did you apply for the extension? Was it online? When did you receive the approval? For how many months is the approval? I am trying to track when my extension would be approved since I applied online on June 29.
Or you could just check the posted processing times. Currently sitting at a minimum of 3 months.

Akhatoon

Feb 18, 2019
Or you could just check the posted processing times. Currently sitting at a minimum of 3 months.
Two weeks back it was around 50 days and last week it jumped to 3 months.. Trying to understand what time estimate I should rely on as it impacts other travel decisions for me.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Two weeks back it was around 50 days and last week it jumped to 3 months.. Trying to understand what time estimate I should rely on as it impacts other travel decisions for me.
You need to rely on the posted time. They are fairly accurate for extensions. Unfortunately, it does change, so you can never plan 100%. At this point, expect October at the earliest.