+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Report

duongquy

Jul 4, 2013
Hi out there,
Could some body please help me with my issue, I got a letter from singapore office asking my mother to go for a medical examination for permanent resident visa and send it to Philippines. My mother had done in Hamilton, Ontario(she in canada as a visitor) instead of vietnam and I did informed the doctor to send it to philippines but he said everything must go to Ottawa. But he did gave me a copy of the medical report (up front) to submit along with other documents. Everything was ok except for the medical report, it's been 3 months and they still haven't receive it yet. I contacted cic in canada and they said they have no control over, I contacted the doctor and he said it's between the two offices (ottawa and singapore). What should I do now, should my mother go for another medical examination? Please help.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
duongquy said:
Hi out there,
Could some body please help me with my issue, I got a letter from singapore office asking my mother to go for a medical examination for permanent resident visa and send it to Philippines. My mother had done in Hamilton, Ontario(she in canada as a visitor) instead of vietnam and I did informed the doctor to send it to philippines but he said everything must go to Ottawa. But he did gave me a copy of the medical report (up front) to submit along with other documents. Everything was ok except for the medical report, it's been 3 months and they still haven't receive it yet. I contacted cic in canada and they said they have no control over, I contacted the doctor and he said it's between the two offices (ottawa and singapore). What should I do now, should my mother go for another medical examination? Please help.
Email Ottawa. Ask them to forward the medical to Singapore. If you don't get a reply soon or they reply saying there's no record, go for another medical.

steph816

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
13-06-2011 VO began processing 06-10-2011
Med's Request
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2011, 27-02-2012
Interview........
23-05-2012
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2012
To be honest, I don't think they really care that the medical was sent to the wrong office, meaning, they're not going to go out of their way to transfer that medical to the correct place. Ours got lost when we applied, and even though someone at the correct office signed for it, we have DHL papers to prove that someone signed for it, it got lost somewhere in the office. In the OFFICE! and yet, they still couldnt find it, and frankly I don't think they even bothered to look. I think the visa officers get your huge file on their desk, if something is missing, they just assume you didn't send it, and it really isn't up to them to go searching for it (even if they were the ones who lost it in the first place!!). So, we had to wait for them to tell us they didn't have the medical, in an official email (this took 6months from the time we knew it was missing), then we took that email with an enclosed form to the dr to redo the medical.

Some dr's won't redo your medical until they get that second form from the visa office. We had to wait for the visa office to send us that form, which we took to the dr. You can try your luck with another dr and redo the medical and send it to the correct place. Maybe that will save you a year of further waiting..... Good luck.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
steph816 said:
To be honest, I don't think they really care that the medical was sent to the wrong office, meaning, they're not going to go out of their way to transfer that medical to the correct place. Ours got lost when we applied, and even though someone at the correct office signed for it, we have DHL papers to prove that someone signed for it, it got lost somewhere in the office. In the OFFICE! and yet, they still couldnt find it, and frankly I don't think they even bothered to look. I think the visa officers get your huge file on their desk, if something is missing, they just assume you didn't send it, and it really isn't up to them to go searching for it (even if they were the ones who lost it in the first place!!). So, we had to wait for them to tell us they didn't have the medical, in an official email (this took 6months from the time we knew it was missing), then we took that email with an enclosed form to the dr to redo the medical.

Some dr's won't redo your medical until they get that second form from the visa office. We had to wait for the visa office to send us that form, which we took to the dr. You can try your luck with another dr and redo the medical and send it to the correct place. Maybe that will save you a year of further waiting..... Good luck.
Actually, sorry to correct you but it was supposed to go to Ottawa. All medicals done IN CANADA go to OTTAWA. Then the VO requests it from OTTAWA.