+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)

ckpourna

Feb 13, 2019
Hi,

I submitted for TRV for my dependent kids and husband. I took upfront medicals and submitted the e-Receipt provided by the hospital where I took the exam.
But today I have received a communication from CIC that

Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E) is required and I should take a medical exam within 30 days of this message. I'm not sure why my upfront medicals is not reflected in the application.

Please help on this. I'm not sure what needs to be done further.

Minxmystery

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
I
Hi,

I submitted for TRV for my dependent kids and husband. I took upfront medicals and submitted the e-Receipt provided by the hospital where I took the exam.

Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E) is required and I should take a medical exam within 30 days of this message. I'm not sure why my upfront medicals is not reflected in the application.

i know it’s past the 30 days but I just saw this. Same situation here. Please what did you do?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I

i know it’s past the 30 days but I just saw this. Same situation here. Please what did you do?
1. Call the hospital and ask if they have forwarded the report
2. Using a webform send the scanned medical again, explaining what happened.

Mkface03

Jul 1, 2018
@myra20sharma

I am in the similar boat. Does that mean there is some problem with the upfront medical? I had a child in the middle of my immigration process, and after I submitted the child's passport, medicals and birth certificate, they asked me to appear for the medical again using the same IMM1017E form. Rest of my family is non accompanying.

Can't I reuse the Medical that i did at the beginning of the immigration process.

I also see that my status is changed to below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hVK6A85FBGZq2N_TcS7j-renqbGoR6GX/view?usp=sharing

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
@myra20sharma

I am in the similar boat. Does that mean there is some problem with the upfront medical? I had a child in the middle of my immigration process, and after I submitted the child's passport, medicals and birth certificate, they asked me to appear for the medical again using the same IMM1017E form. Rest of my family is non accompanying.

Can't I reuse the Medical that i did at the beginning of the immigration process.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hVK6A85FBGZq2N_TcS7j-renqbGoR6GX/view?usp=sharing
Have you tried these;

1. Call the hospital and ask if they have forwarded the report
2. Using a webform send the scanned medical again, explaining what happened.

Minxmystery

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
@myra20sharma

How long ago was your previous medicals?
If it's almost a year, then you may have to redo it.
From what I've seen so far, that's like a final stage before PR gets approved.
If you can redo it, i'll suggest you do. My son's was suppose to expire in July, but was told to redo it. So we did yesterday.
My status is also the same as yours.

Mkface03

Jul 1, 2018
Thanks Minx & Myra.

I clearly remember that my medicals were 'passed' when I did it in Aug 2018. If the hospital wouldn't have uploaded my medicals, I doubt how come my status would have changed to 'passed'. It just took us a little more than standard 6 months since we deferred my wife's X-ray by one month due to her pregnancy.

I had received an email just a few days before to submit my passport for stamping. However when I submitted, the passport was returned blank and I got a call from Canadian embassy saying that they are returning it because my second child has not been added to my application yet. And yesterday two things happened: My second child started appearing in my application,and I received this IMM1017E form to appear for medical again. Worryingly, all the statuses changed back to what they were at the beginning of immigration process in Aug 2018.

I wonder
- If anything's gone wrong and why would addition of a new baby lead to me being asked for Medicals.
- If I will receive another email to submit the passport for stamping. I guess I should not submit my passport again till I receive an explicit communication from them to go ahead, since all the statuses have changed back to what they were 9 months ago

polestar123

Sep 4, 2018
Thanks Minx & Myra.

I clearly remember that my medicals were 'passed' when I did it in Aug 2018. If the hospital wouldn't have uploaded my medicals, I doubt how come my status would have changed to 'passed'. It just took us a little more than standard 6 months since we deferred my wife's X-ray by one month due to her pregnancy.

I had received an email just a few days before to submit my passport for stamping. However when I submitted, the passport was returned blank and I got a call from Canadian embassy saying that they are returning it because my second child has not been added to my application yet. And yesterday two things happened: My second child started appearing in my application,and I received this IMM1017E form to appear for medical again. Worryingly, all the statuses changed back to what they were at the beginning of immigration process in Aug 2018.

I wonder
- If anything's gone wrong and why would addition of a new baby lead to me being asked for Medicals.
- If I will receive another email to submit the passport for stamping. I guess I should not submit my passport again till I receive an explicit communication from them to go ahead, since all the statuses have changed back to what they were 9 months ago

hi...
me on the same boat. I clearly remember my medical exam was passed in November 2018 and now even before the completion of one year they again asking for the 'medical report- section A client identification and summary (IMM 1017 E)'. It would be of great help if you could tell me what all tests are being done in it. are they additional tests or medical is repeated?

Mkface03

Jul 1, 2018
hi...
me on the same boat. I clearly remember my medical exam was passed in November 2018 and now even before the completion of one year they again asking for the 'medical report- section A client identification and summary (IMM 1017 E)'. It would be of great help if you could tell me what all tests are being done in it. are they additional tests or medical is repeated?
It was normal medical. No extra steps for me. No further communication from them since. I am awaiting the next steps.

polestar123

Sep 4, 2018
It was normal medical. No extra steps for me. No further communication from them since. I am awaiting the next steps.
OKAY... Thanks for the prompt reply. But I just want to know that whether this IMM 1017E form is for any additional tests or the same tests as done before. Because I am worried whether anything abnormal they suspecting. As nothing mentioned in their mail about which tests.

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hi,

Hi can you tell what happened in your case?

Did you go for Re-Medical?
If yes, then how man days it took to reflect in your application?
Did you receive PPR/RFV once Re-Medical was done?

syamili

Star Member
Sep 13, 2021
Hi Everyone..Let me share my experience here..I totally understand each one of yours situation.
I raised technical difficulties webform and it worked..my medical got updated the same day evening.
Upfront medicals done on 23rd July 2022,hospital updated on 28th July 2022.
Application submitted : 30th July 2022 Biometrics passed : 3rd August 2022
Medical request again : 30th August 2022
Raised normal webform on 1st and 3rd of September (Only got automated reply)
Raised Technical difficulty webform on 12th September
Medical updated :12th September 2022
Waiting for further confirmation.

Jun 22, 2023
Hi,

I have lodge my VISA and did the Biomatrics and e-medical in time. However I got Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E) and I am not sure what I have to do as I have already completed my medical examinations including e-medical.